+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - PR card send to wrong address

sidg

Feb 20, 2020
Update: I submitted an enquiry through webform stating my situation and they confirmed that my PR Card was returned to them as undeliverables. They asked me to submit my correct address so they can repost it. I did as they have asked. Lets see what happens now.
Hi, I am in the same situation. I was wondering where did you update the correct address, online or through Web Form. TIA.

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
We are in exactly the same situation - my dad's card was mailed but only afterward we noticed that the address on profile is missing the unit number completely (the address on the application was fine - I have a paper copy of my application). Unfortunately I only noticed that 2 weeks after the card was mailed (when I was already wondering why it has not arrived yet).
I phoned IRCC to get the address updated (and the agent did that) but they also said I have to wait 6 weeks and contact them after that (possibly fill out the solemn declaration form that the card was never received, but this can only be done after 6 weeks they said).

Not sure if there is any hope that maybe Canada post returns the card to them and maybe they remail it to us again without me doing any addional steps (that would be a miracle!) - not sure if IRCC will do it without my call or some additional steps (like that form they mentioned).
Same issue in 2024 :) In my case they sent it to a vacant site address, I was told to wait for 6 weeks as well by IRCC and they suggested by law Canada post must send it back to sender if its undeliverable , In addition he mentioned sending is faster and return is slower because it moves through different departments and procedures. The agent on call with me helped me to correct my address on their end, He further advised they receive numerous calls everyday for wrong address delivery. I also called Canada Post and they advised because there is no tracking id they dont know where my mail is and will be returned to IRCC.

Last edited: