+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent advise please Enfield and Tiger especially and an SOP

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I have got admission in Thompson Rivers University. I have been rejected twice. First time study mismatch and second time study mismatch and parents income. I have got 7.5 overall in IELTS I have got 590 in GMAT I have two and half years of work experience, currently I am working with American Express as Senior Account analyst. I am a B.COM graduate with only 43%. I think my marks are leading to the refusal...... :( :( :( my e mail id is champ1388@gmail.com I showed 40,000 CAD available for my study. Experts advise please Enfield and Tiger

tiger007

Champion Member
patelthakrar said:
For which Course have you applied?? Is it a PG??
I think, he is talking about Post-Baccalaureate Diploma or MBA at TRU.
Mostly MBA... GMAT is not required for Post-Baccalaureate Diploma. And even with low marks, min. GMAT score of 550, clearing 12 PRE MBA qualifying courses (scoring min GPA 2.67 out of 4.0), one can join MBA at TRU.

tiger007

Champion Member
champ1388 said:
Hi I have got admission in Thompson Rivers University. I have been rejected twice. First time study mismatch and second time study mismatch and parents income. I have got 7.5 overall in IELTS I have got 590 in GMAT I have two and half years of work experience, currently I am working with American Express as Senior Account analyst. I am a B.COM graduate with only 43%. I think my marks are leading to the refusal...... :( :( :( my e mail id is champ1388 @ gmail.com I showed 40,000 CAD available for my study. Experts advise please Enfield and Tiger
Hi,
You need to mention full details..and definitely the most basic like which COURSE you applied for twice at TRU and got rejected?

patelthakrar

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
tiger007 said:
I think, he is talking about Post-Baccalaureate Diploma or MBA at TRU.
Mostly MBA... GMAT is not required for Post-Baccalaureate Diploma. And even with low marks, min. GMAT score of 550, clearing 12 PRE MBA qualifying courses (scoring min GPA 2.67 out of 4.0), one can join MBA at TRU.
As he mentioned that he was rejected twice due to study mismatch so I wonder Y...

Also m not sure why would that cause a mis-match if he has done his B.COM and then applying for MBA

tiger007

Champion Member
patelthakrar said:
As he mentioned that he was rejected twice due to study mismatch so I wonder Y...

Also m not sure why would that cause a mis-match if he has done his B.COM and then applying for MBA
Sometimes, there are no logical and specific reasons for course mismatch. Maybe because his low graduation percentage, that too not equivalent to that of a 4 years degree...and his choosing a comparatively lower grade TRU MBA..maybe the reason... maybe after graduation of 3 years..one should look for PG course at colleges... maybe his work ex as an accounts analyst..will be more suitable for direct accounting degrees...you never know...

UmairHashmi

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
23-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
champ1388 said:
Hi I have got admission in Thompson Rivers University. I have been rejected twice. First time study mismatch and second time study mismatch and parents income. I have got 7.5 overall in IELTS I have got 590 in GMAT I have two and half years of work experience, currently I am working with American Express as Senior Account analyst. I am a B.COM graduate with only 43%. I think my marks are leading to the refusal...... :( :( :( my e mail id is champ1388 @ gmail.com I showed 40,000 CAD available for my study. Experts advise please Enfield and Tiger
Have you done 2 years B.Com or 4 years? and second thing is that if you are from Pakistan, you must have atleast 45% for B.Com degree.

tiger007

Champion Member
champ1388 said:
i have doen 3 years of B.Com I have applied for pre MBA
Hi,

As I mentioned... TRU MBA is not that high level, any Bachelor's degree holder with a GMAT score of 550 can enroll in PRE MBA, pass those 12 qualifying courses with a 2.67GPA, and enroll into the 1 year TRU MBA. Since, you've applied twice in this same course, and got rejected..clearly something is wrong... that you are being given the reason for course mismatch. It would be really unwise to attempt 3rd time for the same course... maybe since your B.com(along with such low percentage) just isn't good enough (which isn't equal to the 4 years Bachelor's degree required for entry to standard universities), even though you may 've secured admission to TRU. You'll 've consider all the options..this time before you apply for the visa 3rd time. Maybe, since something is wrong..VO's are not finding your profile very appealing for this course/University. In my opinion you seriously need to consider other avenues. If you really want to pursue a good MBA, you better do your Masters/PG diploma in your native country, score 70% or equivalent GPA, score higher in GMAT and/or gain some more higher work experience..build your profile strong..and then apply for a reputed MBA in Canada..OR right now.. you can now consider applying for 1 or better 2 years PG level cert/diploma courses in Canadian colleges.That, will be much shorter and faster process... and definitely much nearer and matching to your profile. You can look forward to do a 2 years PG cert/diploma course in any of the Canadian colleges in the field of Business...and gain upto 3 years PGWP. Courses such as.. VANCOUVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE,2 YEARS PG DIPLOMA IN GBM &LEADERSHIP (2.33 GPA IN UG OR 2 YEARS WORK EX, IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0) or similar 1 or 2 years courses which are very much suitable to your profile.
http://www.vcc.ca/programs-courses/details.cfm?div=2&area=CSBUSIPROG&prog=GLBMANLEAD

For more, check my previous post on 2 years PG cert/diploma courses(Business) in Canadian colleges.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/centennial-college-2-years-post-graduate-global-business-management-program-t96482.0.html
Maybe, since you are an Accounts analyst..you can think of pursuing a PG course related to that of Accounting or similar field. Given, your current status, finances seem good (better if you could get a loan).. I don't think a SOP will help much... unless you choose the correct course!
For list of all colleges/Universitie..you need to do some serious research and visit individual college/university websites..as to which course and in where you wnat to pursue. Here's the list of recognized eductaional instituions approved for PGWP by CIC:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
These are purely my personal opinion, and you should consider getting advice from other sources such as consulting a reputed study abroad agent.

Best of Luck.

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx a lot Tiger ..it was worth seeking ur advise. I am going to apply for a two year diploma..i will ask for the recommendation letter from the university for visa..do u think I should apply to TRU bost batchler diploma or I should go for some other university or college?

tiger007

Champion Member
champ1388 said:
Thanx a lot Tiger ..it was worth seeking ur advise. I going to apply for a two year diploma..i will aks for the recommendation letter from the university ..do u think I should apply to TRU bost batchler diploma or I should go for other university or college?
You are welcome dude. All this time I've been stressing on a PG level cert/diploma course...and not plain diploma..(if you may 've noticed.. LOL) Because...1 main main rule of applying for the Canadian study visa ,is to NEVER EVER TO APPLY FOR A COURSE WHOSE CREDENTIALS ARE LOWER THAN YOUR CURRENT QUALIFICATION AND NOT RELATED TO YOUR FIELD OF STUDIES (You can opt for general courses such as MBA, open to all).

So, since you are already a B.Com degree holder, it's NOT AT ALL advisable to go for a lower level course such as plain diploma, certificate, bachelor diploma etc.. as applying to such courses will most probably lead to another round of visa rejection! You should opt for a PG level (also known as graduate level in Canada) certificate/diploma(1 or 2 years) or atleast apply for a 2 years fast track advanced diploma(which requires a University degree).You can find plenty of such courses in Canadian colleges in the field of Business/management..mainly in Ontario province. Or you can opt for another lower grade MBA at VIU (Vancouver Island Univ.--14 months programme with 4 months internship, no GMAT req. (if graduation above 60%) and No work ex required).. but since it's similar to the previously rejected(in your case) TRU MBA,it's better not to apply for that. I reckon..if you want to go now.. you have got options to apply for PG level cert/diploma of 1 or 2 years or a fast track 2 years/ 3years advanced diploma which requires a University degree. Best... since it will be your 1st major qualification after B.com, and since you hold substantial amount of work ex... it's best you look for a minimum 2 years PG level/ 2 years fast track advanced diploma course..which requires a minimum University degree and an IELTS score of 6.5! (as 40k C$ is more than enough to study for 2 years, so You don't 've to worry about finances).

But..you got to do some serious research..and find appropriate courses.. you will want to pursue, better see a top level consultant.. discuss your case....and since... you already 've an IELTS score... choose the course... and if you hurry..can submit your application for this Sept. intake!

Go ahead..chase your Canadian dreams.. LOL :)

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tell u what tiger ...U are a superstar! and u possess hell lot of knowledge about canadian education system. open ur own consultancy and u will make a lot of money along with guiding a number of aspirants to a bright future...lol JOKING.. ;D..I will go for a two year PG Diploma...most likely for september intake..Thanx for ur time and invaluable advise.. I am going to take my case to Canam Delhi (an education and immigration consultant)... Thanx a ton... :)