Upload Police Certificate from a country that sends directly to CIC

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends

Hopefully someone can help. We're well into our application process (application submitted June 4th, Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Hong Kong. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the HK Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the HK Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the HK police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

The problem lies in the fact that our application in MyCIC account is set at "Your action is required" and it is requesting that we upload a copy of the police certificate. I thought we would be able to upload a letter in its place, stating that the certificate will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney and include a copy of the receipt from the HK police, but unfortunately the online system is requesting the document number and dates from the police certificate. We're unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, issue date, and expiry date, which of course we have not and will not receive.

I'm afraid of what might happen if we upload nothing at all, but how can we upload information that we don't have? We have until September 16th to upload a document.

Anyone else experienced this with a police certificate from a country that sends directly to CIC?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
You should make a CSE indicating all the details what you emntioned here.
Include a copy of the email that you've got(screen shots).

Request CIC to solve this issue on urgent basis.

Hope your problem gets solved

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
You should make a CSE indicating all the details what you emntioned here.
Include a copy of the email that you've got(screen shots).

Request CIC to solve this issue on urgent basis.

Hope your problem gets solved
Thanks. Yes I have submitted a CSE this morning. I am hoping that someone else has encountered this previously and is able to tell me what was the result.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting.....I'm from Bermuda and they send it directly to CIC as well. Haven't gotten a PCC request from CIC yet though...ECAS is in progress.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my PCC today so I'm in the same boat.

Milliec

Jun 3, 2014
Hi there,

Can someone shed some light on how you upload the document?

I have the some issue for uploading HK police check as I don't have the document nor police certificate id nor issue date or expiry date.

How did you handle the issue?

Thanks!

Millie

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Milliec said:
Hi there,

Can someone shed some light on how you upload the document?

I have the some issue for uploading HK police check as I don't have the document nor police certificate id nor issue date or expiry date.

How did you handle the issue?

Thanks!

Millie
Check your inbox

asuka00021

Nov 17, 2015
Hi There,

Just got to the same situation as well. I have the copy of the receipt but cant find a way to upload the document without providing the document information (I cannot provide any information because HK police will send the document directly to CIC). My deadline to submit this info to CIC online is Feb 22.
How did you guys submit the information to CIC online? Please advice it will be much appreciated:(

Thanks,
Cho

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asuka00021 said:
Hi There,

Just got to the same situation as well. I have the copy of the receipt but cant find a way to upload the document without providing the document information (I cannot provide any information because HK police will send the document directly to CIC). My deadline to submit this info to CIC online is Feb 22.
How did you guys submit the information to CIC online? Please advice it will be much appreciated:(

Thanks,
Cho
In your case, I would upload a document that contains the instructions for submitting a police certificate for your country and a scan of the receipt showing that it's been paid. Also include a small explanation saying that your PCC is being sent directly to CIC as per the given instructions. Not much else you can do outside of that.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
I am in the same situation. I think the problem asuka00021 and I are facing is, in our MyCIC account, BEFORE we can upload any document (receipt, instruction, whatever it is), we are asked to fill in the information about the document (document number, issue date, expiry date etc.), as the Hong Kong Police Authority is sending the Police Certificate directly to CIC there is no chance for us to know the above information, which means we are not able to upload the document... I have sent a CSE to CIC and am waiting for their reply...

Anyone who has any idea how to tackle this dilemma? :(

And @asuka00021, I have sent you an inbox message. Please check.

riddymon said:
In your case, I would upload a document that contains the instructions for submitting a police certificate for your country and a scan of the receipt showing that it's been paid. Also include a small explanation saying that your PCC is being sent directly to CIC as per the given instructions. Not much else you can do outside of that.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cowkiki said:
I am in the same situation. I think the problem asuka00021 and I are facing is, in our MyCIC account, BEFORE we can upload any document (receipt, instruction, whatever it is), we are asked to fill in the information about the document (document number, issue date, expiry date etc.), as the Hong Kong Police Authority is sending the Police Certificate directly to CIC there is no chance for us to know the above information, which means we are not able to upload the document... I have sent a CSE to CIC and am waiting for their reply...

Anyone who has any idea how to tackle this dilemma? :(

And @asuka00021, I have sent you an inbox message. Please check.
yeah, I ran into the same issue. My response I gave is basically what I put in so I could actually get to the next step to upload a document.

asuka00021

Nov 17, 2015
riddymon said:
Thanks for the reply but the issue is like what Cowkiki said - with your suggestion I do have a LOE and Receipt document. However, to first fill in the document info asked by the system, I want to see if that means I have to fill in random (and for sure incorrect) information just to fill the blank before proceeding to upload the letter?

I also read your later response - could you please define of "What you Put in"? That may be the answer we are looking for as to what information we can input to the document name, number, etc. And thanks for the help it really is appreciated.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asuka00021 said:
Thanks for the reply but the issue is like what Cowkiki said - with your suggestion I do have a LOE and Receipt document. However, to first fill in the document info asked by the system, I want to see if that means I have to fill in random (and for sure incorrect) information just to fill the blank before proceeding to upload the letter?

I also read your later response - could you please define of "What you Put in"? That may be the answer we are looking for as to what information we can input to the document name, number, etc. And thanks for the help it really is appreciated.
Thought I had put that in already - Sorry. Here's a response I sent someone a while back. It's not totally clear but will hopefully point you in the right direction:

"For the name I just put in Bermuda Police Certificate (in your case it would be Hong Kong), ID..just try and put in the same thing, if it says something about illegal characters just adjust the string by removing spaces, etc. until it's accepted. I maybe just put it in as xxxxx (literally all x's). I Also put the expiry date for 1 year from date of issue. Hope that helps."

So for me - the Police Department told me that they don't mail out PCCs so I had some of the the information in front of me. In your case, put the issue date as the date on the receipt, expiry date a year from the issue date. None of the information you put in will really matter as you don't have the actual police certificate and in my case, I had it in hand and still couldn't fill in all that information. So don't worry about it...just get information in that will allow you submit your documents.

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am in a bit of a horrid nightmare situation. I was applying to Singapore for a police certificate.

I presumed that while my online profile still stated that documents that Singapore had not yet submitted my certificate of clearance. As result my application was ultimately rejected. I had been trying to contact both Singapore and the CIC for clarification before the deadline however had no luck whatsoever. The whole thing was soul destroying and at a really difficult time.

I tried to park the whole thing for a while. Now after stumbling across this I realise that all I had to do was make up some details and submit an explanation letter?

What are the chances that if I do this and pay again they will continue to process my application after a long pause?

It seems like a long shot but I genuinely could not understand how CIC was requesting information from me that they could only get from a document that had to be sent directly to them.

Trying to remain calm and unscramble my brain after reading this :eek:

dandc2009

Jan 19, 2016
I was in the same situation. i did make CSE to CIC. But I have heard no reply about this issue yet.

Finally, after consulting a helpful guy in this forum, I fill out the form with the PCC name, date of application, reference number and the date 1 year after the date I applied the PCC for expiry date. Then I upload an explanation letter and receipt of the PCC application.

However, so far my CIC account has not been updated since my upload (Mid of Jan 2016). I am still waiting for CIC update so badly...crazily checking for emails . And I have not been notified the PCC has reached CIC yet. But I do think this is the only way I can do.