+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upload Police Certificate from a country that sends directly to CIC

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hey I am really sorry to hear your case. Guess you have to send a CSE and at the meantime get into the EE pool asap.

Just one thing, I have a friend who is also applying from Singapore and he had the police certificate himself and uploaded it by himself (instead of police mailing out to CIC directly). Would you check with the Singapore police with this?

rosesuperted said:
Hi guys,

I am in a bit of a horrid nightmare situation. I was applying to Singapore for a police certificate.

I presumed that while my online profile still stated that documents that Singapore had not yet submitted my certificate of clearance. As result my application was ultimately rejected. I had been trying to contact both Singapore and the CIC for clarification before the deadline however had no luck whatsoever. The whole thing was soul destroying and at a really difficult time.

I tried to park the whole thing for a while. Now after stumbling across this I realise that all I had to do was make up some details and submit an explanation letter?

What are the chances that if I do this and pay again they will continue to process my application after a long pause?

It seems like a long shot but I genuinely could not understand how CIC was requesting information from me that they could only get from a document that had to be sent directly to them.

Trying to remain calm and unscramble my brain after reading this :eek:

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Have you tried to call the police at +852 28606557? I just applied it yesterday and the guy told me they won't "notify" me when they send out the certificate but you can call them to check the date they send it out. It takes more than three weeks to process the certificate.

Please do update us how it goes and all the best to everybody who are worrying about this police certificate directly sends to CIC thing!!!

dandc2009 said:
I was in the same situation. i did make CSE to CIC. But I have heard no reply about this issue yet.

Finally, after consulting a helpful guy in this forum, I fill out the form with the PCC name, date of application, reference number and the date 1 year after the date I applied the PCC for expiry date. Then I upload an explanation letter and receipt of the PCC application.

However, so far my CIC account has not been updated since my upload (Mid of Jan 2016). I am still waiting for CIC update so badly...crazily checking for emails . And I have not been notified the PCC has reached CIC yet. But I do think this is the only way I can do.

dandc2009

Jan 19, 2016
You may call them about 3 weeks after your application. They will give you the tracking number and the date of delivery of the registered mail.

However, that does not help much in tracking the mail since Canada post office will not disclose the mail status unless you make request from Hong Kong Post by filling a form. But we are not authorised to make such request as we are not the sender, which is the Hong Kong Police.

I did try to seek help from Hong Kong Police. But they will not take any actions until CIC makes any request concerning the PCC.

Now I am just waiting and longing for an update from CIC..

Cowkiki said:
Have you tried to call the police at +852 28606557? I just applied it yesterday and the guy told me they won't "notify" me when they send out the certificate but you can call them to check the date they send it out. It takes more than three weeks to process the certificate.

Please do update us how it goes and all the best to everybody who are worrying about this police certificate directly sends to CIC thing!!!

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As i am not a PR of Singapore and was just working over there on a contract I can't get a police cert issued to me to upload directly. It can only be issued directly to Canada. V frustrating.

I have been calling/ emailing Singapore Police cert for MONTHS regarding this. I have been supplied 5 different telephone numbers that I call every second/ third day and get dead lines/voice mail and no one has ever got back to me.

I have a file reference number but I just can't anyone to check it.

Ive contacted the feedback section of the police, the Singaporean embassy in my home country and vice versa in Singapore.

Ive put in a CSE and will start calling the call centres when they open soon...see what happens...

dandc2009

Jan 19, 2016
Thanks to my online friend met in this forum, I finally got the delivery status from Canada post. And the mails have been delivered for over 2 weeks.

All we have to do is to call their hotline (+1)416-979-3033 and choose contacting their staff and provide the tracking number. (no use for punching in the tracking numbers)

Hope this help.

dandc2009 said:
You may call them about 3 weeks after your application. They will give you the tracking number and the date of delivery of the registered mail.

However, that does not help much in tracking the mail since Canada post office will not disclose the mail status unless you make request from Hong Kong Post by filling a form. But we are not authorised to make such request as we are not the sender, which is the Hong Kong Police.

I did try to seek help from Hong Kong Police. But they will not take any actions until CIC makes any request concerning the PCC.

Now I am just waiting and longing for an update from CIC..

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosesuperted said:
Hi guys,

I am in a bit of a horrid nightmare situation. I was applying to Singapore for a police certificate.

I presumed that while my online profile still stated that documents that Singapore had not yet submitted my certificate of clearance. As result my application was ultimately rejected. I had been trying to contact both Singapore and the CIC for clarification before the deadline however had no luck whatsoever. The whole thing was soul destroying and at a really difficult time.

I tried to park the whole thing for a while. Now after stumbling across this I realise that all I had to do was make up some details and submit an explanation letter?

What are the chances that if I do this and pay again they will continue to process my application after a long pause?

It seems like a long shot but I genuinely could not understand how CIC was requesting information from me that they could only get from a document that had to be sent directly to them.

Trying to remain calm and unscramble my brain after reading this :eek:
Just remember that you can just create a new EE profile and hop back in the queue if your application is rejected OR send a CSE explaining your situation (not sure how this is done but this has been done very often and I'm sure someone on the forum can help you out) in order to get your application re-opened. However, as far as your PCC is concerned, you have to submit something within the alotted time given or the rejection will occur. Sorry to hear but I hope everything works out the next time around.

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Hi friends

Hopefully someone can help. We're well into our application process (application submitted June 4th, Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Hong Kong. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the HK Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the HK Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the HK police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

The problem lies in the fact that our application in MyCIC account is set at "Your action is required" and it is requesting that we upload a copy of the police certificate. I thought we would be able to upload a letter in its place, stating that the certificate will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney and include a copy of the receipt from the HK police, but unfortunately the online system is requesting the document number and dates from the police certificate. We're unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, issue date, and expiry date, which of course we have not and will not receive.

I'm afraid of what might happen if we upload nothing at all, but how can we upload information that we don't have? We have until September 16th to upload a document.

Anyone else experienced this with a police certificate from a country that sends directly to CIC?
Hi Dear, I have the same issue. I would like to know how ended your case? did you get your PR.

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
I was in the same situation. i did make CSE to CIC. But I have heard no reply about this issue yet.

Finally, after consulting a helpful guy in this forum, I fill out the form with the PCC name, date of application, reference number and the date 1 year after the date I applied the PCC for expiry date. Then I upload an explanation letter and receipt of the PCC application.

However, so far my CIC account has not been updated since my upload (Mid of Jan 2016). I am still waiting for CIC update so badly...crazily checking for emails . And I have not been notified the PCC has reached CIC yet. But I do think this is the only way I can do.

Hi Dear,

I have the same issue so I would like to know how it ended. did you get your PR?

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Hi friends

Hopefully someone can help. We're well into our application process (application submitted June 4th, Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Hong Kong. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the HK Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the HK Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the HK police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

The problem lies in the fact that our application in MyCIC account is set at "Your action is required" and it is requesting that we upload a copy of the police certificate. I thought we would be able to upload a letter in its place, stating that the certificate will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney and include a copy of the receipt from the HK police, but unfortunately the online system is requesting the document number and dates from the police certificate. We're unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, issue date, and expiry date, which of course we have not and will not receive.

I'm afraid of what might happen if we upload nothing at all, but how can we upload information that we don't have? We have until September 16th to upload a document.

Anyone else experienced this with a police certificate from a country that sends directly to CIC?

Hi Dear,

I would like to knoe hw ended it. did you get your PR?

I have the same issue and I don't know to upload the information as the police certification will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney. The system is requesting the document number and dates from the ppolice certificate. We are unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, isse date, and exprire date which we dont have.

Thanks

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Hi Dear,

We're well into our application process (application submitted and Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Colombia. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the Colombia Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the Colombia Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the Colombia police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

So I don't know to upload the information as the police certification will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney. The system is requesting the document number and dates from the ppolice certificate. We are unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, isse date, and exprire date which we dont have.

Thanks

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Hi Dear,

We're well into our application process (application submitted and Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Colombia. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the Colombia Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the Colombia Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the Colombia police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

So I don't know to upload the information as the police certification will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney. The system is requesting the document number and dates from the ppolice certificate. We are unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, isse date, and exprire date which we dont have.

Thanks

fazeel5306

Jul 29, 2018
Hi friends

Hi,

Do you or anyone here has the address for Sydney office for the certificate to be sent by the the Sydney processing centre?

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi Dear,

Thanks
We got exactly in to the same situation that we applied for PCC of Hong Kong, where they sent directly the pcc to IRCC. In this situation,as we need to upload doc no,issue date and expiry date, I communicated with the Hong kong police force through email(if they dont u have to call them) and the officer incharge responds nicely and sent all the details that we need through email and the copy of PCC directly to IRCC. While uploading we attached this email as letter of explanation by providing the doc no and other details. So, sending the email/calling them colombia police force to get the details and upload them. Thanks and all the best!!!