App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
Hi all... I wanted to get your suggestions for my profile as I trying to secure admission for Masters program in Biomedical Engineering.

Here is a snapshot of my profile:

10th (Matric)- 92%
12th (Matric)- 92%
B.Tech (Anna Univ- Industrial Biotechnology)- 91% ( actually I'm the gold medalist)
% in my last 2 years of study- 92%
IELTS score- 7.5
Work experience (IT)- 4 years [my work experience is not relevant to my field of study .. this is somethin that worries me :(]

I have applied for MBT (Masters in Biomedical Technology) program in U of C (Calgary), yet to send my original transcripts alone. Rest all are sent.. I'm worried about fetching a seat here because it looks like they only take 21 students in a year to this program as its a highly competitive course.

Secondly, I have submitted my online application to U of S (Saskatchewan) yet not paid the application fee... The problem with this Univ is that I need to get hold of a Professor to be my potential supervisor. I tried reaching many but only few responded so far. There is this Department VP who had asked me to send my Research statement in order to decide on my chances of admission. I have sent one last week and got a reply from him stating he will consider my application and give me feedback by next week.. I am really much worried as he gave me 2 weeks time to write one, but I sent him in 9 days and still awaiting his response.

Can anyone tell me if I will secure admission in either of the univ's with the scores presented above?Actually I'm meeting well above the univ's requirements. Also please let me know if should go for a back up like any colleges? In fact my aim is to do Masters in univ n not end u doing diploma courses in colleges :(

What should I do just in case I don't go through any of the 2 universities..I'm pinning my hopes only in these 2 and aint even applying for any other univ's..

As I am married very recently,I also want to have my spouse come over to Canada with a Open work permit. Actually, I am processing everything through a consultant out here. So under his advise, it looks like I need to prove to be a bonafide student before I ca get my spouse into the country. ( In our case, its a little difficult situation as my hubby is a Muslim) So I was told to apply for a spouse visa after my first semester to prove my genuine intention of entry to the country. Is that how its normally done?

I also am trying to find if there are any other ways to bring him sooner once after I leave to Canada (I suppose I will gain admisision!)...?

Anybody please advise...

I appreciate all your help with this.

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
moneywater said:
i have filled the pre qualification form.......it has been 1 month but no reply from them.....even sent mail to professor...still no reply....it is written on the site that please don't apply unless you fill the pre qualification form...

i don't know what should i do....should i apply to the university and send my documents or not???

please help!!

i am applying for Meng electronics system
At U of S, you need to find a potential supervisor for your Master's program. plz don't pay you application also.. they don't have any admission deadlines as in other Univ's which is a relief. They have set it so because they know that student have to find a professor to make him/ her accept us!

I'm touchbasing with an Intl Graduate Student Recruitment officer at U of S...who might look out for supervisors for you.But in my case, I myself am doing it for me by reaching out to professors through emails.

One more things, if they don't respond to you in 3 weeks just send the an email reminding that ou are awaiting his/her response. That way it shows that you are eager and serious about working with that professor coz that actually helped me exchange email with a professor.

vishakha

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
hi,
i am looking for list of reputed universities in Canada who can accept my application for graduation in MSc (computer science). i also want to go for Phd.
i have done undergraduate course in computer science (full time) for 4 years.
here are some general details:

10th: 80%
12th: 71%
B.tech: 72%

wt r my chance to get in this university

nne

Feb 23, 2013
Has any one got Addmission yet?Do u guys tink I could get addmission MPA wit 4.81/5.00 @ 3rd YEAR and 4.22/5.00 total CGpA at final year.

Kingtochi

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
nne said:
Has any one got Addmission yet?Do u guys tink I could get addmission MPA wit 4.81/5.00 @ 3rd YEAR and 4.22/5.00 total CGpA at final year.
Hi nne,

I also applied to the same program. Your GPA is really strong. Which country are you applying from? The program is very competitive. Please share your profile? I applied from the US with a masters degree and with over 4 years of work experience. I have not heard anything yet.

nne

Feb 23, 2013
Kingtochi said:
Hi nne,

I also applied to the same program. Your GPA is really strong. Which country are you applying from? The program is very competitive. Please share your profile? I applied from the US with a masters degree and with over 4 years of work experience. I have not heard anything yet.
My dear am applying from Nigeria with over 5yr Experience in a similar field!if I may ask ,Why going for another masters!let's Continue praying for the best!Gods willing we shall get there! IJN. Amen

Kingtochi

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
nne said:
My dear am applying from Nigeria with over 5yr Experience in a similar field!if I may ask ,Why going for another masters!let's Continue praying for the best!Gods willing we shall get there! IJN. Amen
What a coincidence! I am also a Nigerian. I want to change my field. Which school did you graduate from in Nigeria?