+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Residents - Experian credit report for Proof of Funds ?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turns out... they can indeed do it, I called them again and told them clearly that I have to get that letter, this guy explained to me that they can do it but the branch will reject me because I have to call "retail services" and not go to the branch i.e. call them directly (despite me calling before and being told it's not possible, but w/e).

Unfortunately, "retail bollocks" is closed now, so I have to call again on Monday, but he has left a note to them for me.

TL;DR Lloyds CAN PROVIDE the letter, you just have to call them and be very clear that you HAVE TO get that letter, they will then redirect you to "retail services" who will do the letter and post it.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
amamh said:
Turns out... they can indeed do it, I called them again and told them clearly that I have to get that letter, this guy explained to me that they can do it but the branch will reject me because I have to call "retail services" and not go to the branch i.e. call them directly (despite me calling before and being told it's not possible, but w/e).

Unfortunately, "retail bollocks" is closed now, so I have to call again on Monday, but he has left a note to them for me.

TL;DR Lloyds CAN PROVIDE the letter, you just have to call them and be very clear that you HAVE TO get that letter, they will then redirect you to "retail services" who will do the letter and post it.
That's good to hear. I and Others told you what we did, and instead of being grateful you seem pissed at us. Oh well, it's all good, at least you got what you wanted.

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
Hi,

I got my PR while in the UK and I have since landed in Canada.

For my bank statement, all I did was walk into my local RBS branch and asked them to give me a statement for the last 6 months and scanned that into my CIC account. Simple.

I do not think you need to worry too much about prof of funds.

Best of Luck.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexzie101 said:
Hi,

I got my PR while in the UK and I have since landed in Canada.

For my bank statement, all I did was walk into my local RBS branch and asked them to give me a statement for the last 6 months and scanned that into my CIC account. Simple.

I do not think you need to worry too much about prof of funds.

Best of Luck.
Interesting, so you only provided a bank statement nothing more? You didn't show that you have no debts and didn't show the date each account was opened?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

I called them on Monday (today) as they said I should and it turns out the guy was apparently lying to me on the phone yesterday. They cannot do that letter for me and the best they could do is to setup a meeting with an advisor on Wednesday in one of the branches. Now, I have to wait again to meet the advisor and try to convince them to give me the letter...

ANYONE READING THIS: DO NOT BANK WITH LLOYDS !!

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
Hi,

All you need is a bank statement , you can go as far as 3 months to be safe.

Do not take my word for it , just read the requirements on your application and follow it.

You do not need anything else.

Like I said, I used RBS and printed my statement in the branch.

FYI, No bank would give you a specific letter for CIC or any VIsa application except if you get lucky. I think It's a banking policy in the UK so I would not say Lloyds is a bad bank to bank with, I also tried to get it from RBS but was told a bank statement is all I could get.

Best of luck guys

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexzie101 said:
Hi,

Do not take my word for it , just read the requirements on your application and follow it.

FYI, No bank would give you a specific letter for CIC or any VIsa application except if you get lucky. I think It's a banking policy in the UK so I would not say Lloyds is a bad bank to bank with, I also tried to get it from RBS but was told a bank statement is all I could get.

Best of luck guys
Exactly what I told him too but I don't know why he's still stressing. What I'll say though is for him to provide 6 months bank statements instead of 3 months to be on the safe side since CIC asks for 6 months average balance. I submitted 6 months bank statements for mine since my bank won't give me any letter.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Exactly what I told him too but I don't know why he's still stressing. What I'll say though is for him to provide 6 months bank statements instead of 3 months to be on the safe side since CIC asks for 6 months average balance. I submitted 6 months bank statements for mine since my bank won't give me any letter.
mexzie101 said:
Hi,

Best of luck guys
UK guys,

This is being discussed on another thread. Just to make sure I understand this correctly, scanning the official bank statements received by post from the bank is sufficient for EE. No stamping/ signing is required.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:
UK guys,

This is being discussed on another thread. Just to make sure I understand this correctly, scanning the official bank statements received by post from the bank is sufficient for EE. No stamping/ signing is required.
Yes. You can scan the one sent to you via post without stamping them or you can print out your statements online and go to your bank to stamp them. I used a combination of both.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
But how do you know you'll be accepted, you're still waiting for the decision

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FINAL UPDATE:

I've submitted my application yesterday, I thought I should write what happened eventually for people who will be in a similar situation and come across this thread.

So, the last thing was that I called customer service again (third time) on a Monday and they told me again that they can't do that letter for me but they can book an appointment for me in a branch.

I asked them to find the earliest appointment possible and the found a branch near me that I can go to in 2 days.

I went to the branch and met an advisor, she actually wrote the letter for me (finally).

The only problem with the letter is that it doesn't say I have no debts or loans, but that's because, according to them, they can only list the things I have and not the things I don't have. So, I've written that in a Letter of Explanation.

And that's basically it, so I submitted the following for Funds:
- Bank statement of each account (except Current account because it's too long and makes the PDF > 4 MB, and I explained that in the LOE)
- Bank letter (which shows open dates, acc numbers, current balance). It doesn't show "no debts" because I don't have any, again I explained that in the LOE).
- The Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining the two points above.

I believe that should be all cool, thanks everyone for your help, I wouldn't have gotten this letter if it wasn't for people here telling me it's possible and to try again and again :)

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Amamh,

Good to hear that you were able to get a letter from the bank and you have finally submitted your application. I submitted mine too on 9th October. So I will definitely keep in touch as we might have similar timelines.

I am so disappointed in Lloyds Bank too. I went through so much stress before they eventually gave me the letter. I hope our applications are approved and we don't have to go through this process again.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, let's keep in touch.

I'm pretty sure it will be fine man :)

jankin

Feb 18, 2021
My bank can only provide a bank statement for 6 months which does not include:
- Account open date
- That I have no debts or outstanding credit

I live in the UK. I've figured a solution would be to get a full credit report from Experian which should hopefully have that information.

Is anyone in the same position, any thoughts?
Hi, did it work for you? I am in the same boat now in 2021. 6 years since you made the post, nothing has changed :/