+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Residents - Experian credit report for Proof of Funds ?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
How about showing that you have no debts and loans? Have you submitted and been accepted already?
Just show them the information you can get if you can't get the letter from your bank! CIC is aware that not all banks will agree to write the letter in their format. Provide 6 months bank statements of your loan and/or credit card account and you can also add the credit report if you want. You keep going on asking the same questions over and over again.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Just show them the information you can get if you can't get the letter from your bank! CIC is aware that not all banks will agree to write the letter in their format. Provide 6 months bank statements of your loan and/or credit card account and you can also add the credit report if you want. You keep going on asking the same questions over and over again.
because I was asking dupsy21.

My question for you which you still haven't answered is:

"Oh, so what happened, did they accept you !? Your profile doesn't show"

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
amamh said:
because I was asking dupsy21.

My question for you which you still haven't answered is:

"Oh, so what happened, did they accept you !? Your profile doesn't show"
The bottomline is that CIC understands that not all banks would agree to write a letter in their given format. I got my letter from Barclays, at first they were adamant and clueless but i persisted and at the end of the day they wrote the letter for me. Like i and others have said previously, a letter and or 6 months bank statements would suffice.
Goodluck Mate!

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETE said:
Like i and others have said previously, a letter and or 6 months bank statements would suffice.
Mate, and I said I can't get that letter... so I'm checking others who used other ways. I'm going to use the Experian credit report.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
amamh said:
Mate, and I said I can't get that letter... so I'm checking others who used other ways. I'm going to use the Experian credit report.
Alright, didn't you see the "Or 6 months bank statements" in my comment? We are not trying to stir a fight here, we are only trying to help you, so please take a chill pill. I understand this process can be frustrating but since we are taking our time to help you, it would be good to be appreciative.
You can use the Experian Credit Report, that should be fine.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not trying to start a fight, man. I was being accused of repeating the question when in fact my questions just weren't being answered or answered by the wrong person.

Thanks for all the helps, I will use bank statement + experian credit report + lloyds account opening letter + a page explaining the list of documents and what each one show.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
amamh said:
I'm not trying to start a fight, man. I was being accused of repeating the question when in fact my questions just weren't being answered or answered by the wrong person.

Thanks for all the helps, I will use bank statement + experian credit report + lloyds account opening letter + a page explaining the list of documents and what each one show.
It's alright. Just make sure not to complicate your application. Cheers!

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Amamh,

I really don't think Experian credit report is necessary. The report most of the time does not show the current balance as at the date the report was issued. Sometimes, th balance could be up to a month old.

My advice is for you to pressure Lloyds bank for the letter, if they can't, submit your bank statement and balance certificate.

With regard to your question earlier, I was given a print-out of all my account information. I believe the absence of loans should be enough to prove that I dont have any debts.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
bank statement and balance certificate
Are those two things or that's just the bank statement?

Faithful K

Sep 22, 2015
I bank with Lloyds too. Like others have said, I think you should still pressure them.
In my case, I asked the first time and was told they don't do any letters. I went to another branch and was told the same thing. I called online and was told they would drop a note on my profile so I could get the help I needed. When I went to the same branch I went to the first time, the customer service rep did write me a letter. It did not even take her 5 minutes to do it. The only thing she did not do was calculate the average six months balance...so I added my bank statements for six months. I showed her CIC requirements and insisted it was what they requested.

The rep I met the first time I was at that same branch kept looking at me in a funny way and even told the one that helped me that I was there before.

I think the point is, you should try again. Be more persistent. If still no, submit your six months statement and a letter of explanation. I also included a LOE.

And no, my decision has not been made yet but my application was sent to London VO for processing and I have an interview next month. But, I am sure they had no problems with the financial part as they have communicated with me about other things.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting, I didn't realise Lloyds is such a shit bank. I also didn't know that I may communicate with their London visa office.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God.... I've decided I'm going to try again and pressure Lloyds to give me a letter. I can't take a chance and use the credit report, I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my application and also I feel like a credit report just makes things complicated.

The instructions are clear:
"""
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
- list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
- list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
- be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
"""

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Yeah, they will give you what you want if you persist. I told the people I spoke to that there is no other choice for me and that I have to get the letter.
I really don't know why they find it so difficult to issue bespoke letter.

amamh said:
God.... I've decided I'm going to try again and pressure Lloyds to give me a letter. I can't take a chance and use the credit report, I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my application and also I feel like a credit report just makes things complicated.

The instructions are clear:
"""
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
- list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
- list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
- be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
"""

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man, I really hate those guys now, I think they just don't want to do extra work so they say "We can only do the standard bank statement document".. God, now I have to wait again until Monday before I can submit.. I was happy I finally got all documents today and wanted to submit now.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
amamh said:
My bank can only provide a bank statement for 6 months which does not include:
- Account open date
- That I have no debts or outstanding credit

I live in the UK. I've figured a solution would be to get a full credit report from Experian which should hopefully have that information.

Is anyone in the same position, any thoughts?
I live in the UK as well and just had mine done, I bank with Nationwide. Persistence is key just keep going to different branches and someone will do it for you.