+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI Number required for express entry profile

Silence89

Jan 1, 2015
Same issue here
I applied in 2014 but did not hear from them yet, so i do not have a UCI.
What should we write instead of a UCI number? :(

minds4u

Apr 13, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am currently in same category, its been close to 4 months i have not received any updates from CIC

Category - 2173
Application Posted - Oct 23rd
Application Delivered - Oct 29th.

. Tried call center but no response,
Sent couples of emails to inquiry DL's again no response.

Can i go ahead and submit my profile for express entry or I need to wait ? Please advice.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there was no AOR or file number issued , then go ahead with NO for the question .
This isn't treated as misinterpretation. Even My application was returned due to cap reached after 20th Oct.

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Yes to Previous application, thus keep UCI blank.. UCI is not mandatory field, so you can keep it blank.. If you say No about your previous application, then that could be misrepresentation.. You never know whether CIC kept track about your past application or not..

minds4u

Apr 13, 2015
Thanks rams2me and hamidur for your response.
is there contact number i can reach CIC to get my status.I am thinking one i used might no longer in service or something.

bhuvan12

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Bhairahawa, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
File Returned on 6th March 2015
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Your client ID number should be indicated on your immigration document (for example, study or work permit) or on correspondence that CIC sent to you. It is an 8 digit number (1234-5678) that does not contain any letters.

If you never had an immigration document or never received correspondence from CIC, you do not have a client ID number yet.

If you are applying for your Express entry profile, please enter 00000000 in that field.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Gionatan, Agent 3601

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

thats what they advised to do.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to say "YES" if the application package returned without opening including the cheque.
I did applied last year and returned application because of cap.
Its not misrepresenation. If we got a file number when they opened our application or rejected due to any other reason then only we need to say YES.
Otherwise it is same as we did not apply.
Application those CIC got after October 21st , 2014 ; all of them are returned due to cap.
There was a strike in CIC and thats why it took time to update the cap in their websites. They have not opened any of the application they received after Oct 21st. They just returned the package as it is.
So the answer is NO.

minds4u

Apr 13, 2015
jemdill said:
No need to say "YES" if the application package returned without opening including the cheque.
Its not misrepresenation. If we got a file number when they opened our application or rejected due to any other reason then only we need to say YES.
Application those CIC got after October 21st , 2014 ; all of them are returned due to cap.
There was a strike in CIC and thats why it took time to update the cap in their websites. They have not opened any of the application they received after Oct 21st. They just returned the package as it is.
So the answer is NO.
Thanks for the update, somehow i was able to reach customer care and got an update saying my file was returned due to cap reached. They had returned my cover on Feb 24th I am still yet to get it btw i am staying in singapore not sure how long it will take to come to my hands.

Also i started processing for EE 2015,

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
So the answer is NO.
Hi all,

In my case my docs reached me due to CAP and when I opened, the UCI# is written with pencil. So if I say "YES" can I enter that UCI# in the field provided? or just leave it blank?

I think I need to say "YES" since I have got PCC(taken last year for FSW-2014) record in my Passport.
Please advice...

Thanks in advance,
rj1jr

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
My FSW 2014 application returned due to incompleteness and CIO had opened it and checked it only partially. There was no UCI written on it though.

I called on the number mentioned here in the thread and the agent advised that I can leave UCI field blank.

So,

* if application is opened by CIO - UCI must be there and say 'YES' when asked if 'you applied for Canada before'.
* if application is not opened by CIO - say 'NO' under 'have you applied before'.

Hoe that was helpful.

Den_Rav

Aug 25, 2017
Hi there people, I have recently created a new EE profile on 15 August since my old profile has expired...My old EE profile has a UCI number.
However, my newer one does not ask or show one. Is that normal?

Reactions: m_rizwankhan