+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
I applied for a TRV inside Canada on Nov 30, 2023. I have been following up with webforms, calls, and they keep telling me I have to wait !!! I mean it has been almost 9 months !!!!!! Is anyone else in the same bot as me ?
I have been waiting since Jan 2024 with no updates. Did you get GCMS notes? are you in BG?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I am currently working on a PGWP. I have two citizenships. I have a TRV on passport A that's expiring in October 2024. I applied for a new TRV with passport B. Today I got a letter saying they withdrew my application because I applied for a visitor record but I currently hold a work permit, and they invited me to apply for a visitor visa. I even submitted a letter explaining all this and that I was applying for a visitor visa.

I have applied for visitor visa before, for myself and for my parents.

This is clearly an error from their side. What can I do now? I could just reapply but that means waiting an extra month and paying another $100. Can I submit a webform even if the application has been withdrawn?

This is what the letter says:

This refers to your application for a Visitor Record in Canada. According to our records, you already hold a valid Work Permit. As a result, you may wish to consider applying for a temporary resident visa instead. Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place. If you wish to submit a new application, you will have to resubmit all required documents and pay new processing fees

Sst1309

Mar 21, 2024
I was in the similar situation a couple weeks back. I had a foreign trip planned and was waiting for the passport request. Finally, after waiting of 40 days, I got it just before a week of the flight. Though couldn't take the risk of sending my passport for stamping to Ottawa with the fear that I might not get it back before the flight. So, instead decided to submit the passport outside of Canada where I am travelling to.
Hi,
Were you able to get trv stamped outside after the approval? How long does that take in that country?
Please let me know since i am travelling soon and I haven’t received anything from them yet.

also i am trying to check processing time for trv submitted after study permit extension. Do you know if i should check visitor visa processing time or the study permit extension time???

ZA1995

Sep 29, 2024
Hi,

I renewed my work permit in February due to my pending PR spousal application, and at the same time, I also renewed my TRV. It’s now been seven months, and despite reaching out to IRCC several times, I keep receiving standard responses asking for patience.

Recently, I requested my GCMS notes, and they revealed that all my checks were completed, with my security checks having started in February. However, they remain pending, which seems highly unusual given my prior history, as I’ve never faced any issues with TRV before.

I’m wondering if this delay is tied to my PR application, given that my PR-related security checks began around 40 days ago. Do the TRV and spousal PR processes share the same type of security checks? Would it be more effective to request notes from CSIS or CBSA to get a clearer understanding of the situation?

PS:The ATIP officer who provided me with the gcms notes has also mentioned the following:
"Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The complaint form can be retrieved at:
https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/file-a-complaint-about-a-federal-institution/"