+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
I applied for a TRV inside Canada on Nov 30, 2023. I have been following up with webforms, calls, and they keep telling me I have to wait !!! I mean it has been almost 9 months !!!!!! Is anyone else in the same bot as me ?
I have been waiting since Jan 2024 with no updates. Did you get GCMS notes? are you in BG?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I am currently working on a PGWP. I have two citizenships. I have a TRV on passport A that's expiring in October 2024. I applied for a new TRV with passport B. Today I got a letter saying they withdrew my application because I applied for a visitor record but I currently hold a work permit, and they invited me to apply for a visitor visa. I even submitted a letter explaining all this and that I was applying for a visitor visa.

I have applied for visitor visa before, for myself and for my parents.

This is clearly an error from their side. What can I do now? I could just reapply but that means waiting an extra month and paying another $100. Can I submit a webform even if the application has been withdrawn?

This is what the letter says:

This refers to your application for a Visitor Record in Canada. According to our records, you already hold a valid Work Permit. As a result, you may wish to consider applying for a temporary resident visa instead. Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place. If you wish to submit a new application, you will have to resubmit all required documents and pay new processing fees