+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

Dashmeet

Feb 28, 2019
Hi All, I applied for TRV for my spouse on 5th May and waiting for the result. I have shown duration of stay as 4 months.

In the meantime I observed that for most people who’s trv is approved have shown duration of stay as less than a month.

So is there anyone here who’s spouse trv is approved and they have shown duration of stay as more than a month in the application?

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Hi All, I applied for TRV for my spouse on 5th May and waiting for the result. I have shown duration of stay as 4 months.

In the meantime I observed that for most people who’s trv is approved have shown duration of stay as less than a month.

So is there anyone here who’s spouse trv is approved and they have shown duration of stay as more than a month in the application?
Yes, I declared 4-5 months for my Spousal TRV, our Spousal PR was underway and we had not received an AOR for it at the time of the application for the TRV. TRV was successful nonetheless.

Reactions: rego1

engr.zuhair

Oct 4, 2020

Yes, I declared 3 month. TRV was approved.

Reactions: rego1

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023

Length alone have no effect. We declared 6 months and got approved in no time. Strong profile with a consistent application is the key.

Sri_77

Jul 15, 2021
Hi, our visitor visa timeline
May 2nd - applied
May 7th - biometrics submitted and completed
May 14th or 15th - Eligibility completed on status tracker
but after that there has been no update. Can anyone pls advise how long will it take to get next update ?
Also how do we know our visa processing office ?

BandR

Nov 21, 2023
May 2nd - applied
but after that there has been no update. Can anyone pls advise how long will it take to get next update ?
Same thing for us.
May 11 Apply
May 20 Eligibility completed very quickly.

Then nothing.

Sri_77

Jul 15, 2021
May 2nd - applied

Hi got PPR

Applied : 2nd May
Biometrics : May 7th
Eligibility completed :14-15th May
BVL & PPR : 1st June

Reactions: Saddam772

jyf

Oct 7, 2022
Good Day! May I ask about the letter pls if how many letter we will provide for TRV application. Letter of intent which will be address to the officer and Letter of invitation address to the spouse or person will be sponsored. Which one of that or both? Thank You :)

sa1985

Aug 19, 2018
Did anyone apply TRV (visit visa) of spouse after eligibility of spouse (i.e. the applicant in spousal sponsorship PR application) is completed ?

Filed spousal sponsorship application in Sept. 2023, pre-arrival services letter received in March, 2024 and eligibility is completed in same month. Background check is going on since December 2023. Just received GCMS notes from IRCC, surprised to notice that criminality check is still in progress, and security check not started.

Spouse is a homemaker, no military or govt. work or political background.

What would be the chance of getting TRV ?

AOR, SA, Biometrics, Medical, Eligibility, Pre-arrival is completed.
IRCC GCMS notes; "Info sharing is completed in January 2024", Criminality "In progress since December 2023", Security "Not Started".

canada2024__

Feb 10, 2024
Length alone have no effect. We declared 6 months and got approved in no time. Strong profile with a consistent application is the key.
I am still waiting for my PR. Can I add my partner to my pr application after getting married in a third country? and maybe after that we can apply for visitor visa while we are waiting? Did you wait for AOR to apply for visitor visa? Do you think we should wait for it?

rego1

Jul 15, 2024
My suggestion...
Send a web form to the visa office that made this decision. Inform them you have a spousal pr (file no), have rec'd AOR and SA(dates)...and in the light of May 26th Family reunification announcement, you and your husband made this TRV.
Is your understanding of May 26 the incorrect? Or has CIC cancelled that policy? And if so, why is it not publicly announced? Or , was the visa officer not aware of May26 Family reunification announcement? What is missing?
Or is this a money collection campaign by CIC.
I am a Canadian citizen and I need clarification about why my husband was denied the visa when we fulfilled all the requirements as per May 26 announcement on CIC webpage."

Send that web form asap!!!. Please don't let these crooks off the hook. CIC needs to come clean and only we can make them do that.

Second email should be sent to MP. Has to be brief email.. Tell them the situation about visit visa and May 26th Family Reunification. You fulfill all conditions - still your husband is denied TRV. Please find out what's happening about your TRV and your Spousal PR.

We need to voice our concerns and point out their mistake in unison. If we don't, we will keep suffering.
excellent suggestion brother