+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

rego1

Jul 15, 2024
Hi all,

Any updates about TRV while awaiting spousal sponsorship PR? Could someone post the policy about this from the website. I tried searching, found none

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Hi all,

Any updates about TRV while awaiting spousal sponsorship PR? Could someone post the policy about this from the website. I tried searching, found none
The last update was the Family Reunification Measures back in 2023.

Former IRCC Minister Fraser announced faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing and more considerate application measures so that families can be together sooner while they wait for their permanent residence to be finalized. Going forward, most of these applications will be processed within 30 days, and applicants will benefit from processing measures specific to their circumstances as spouses and dependents. Many applications have already been processed using these new tools. Within this cohort of applicants, we have seen an approval rate of 93%.
There is no guarantee that your TRV application will be successful even if you have a pending Spousal PR application but afaik it makes it more likely than it was before when it would almost certainly be rejected due to the conflicting fact that you would have major family ties to Canada through your spouse.

samar077

May 23, 2023
My spouse landed on Trv in canada while her PR application under family class is still in progress,
Do we need to inform IRCC now or Do we need to inform IRCC when we get passport request for PR application?
Hi did your spouse book return ticket ! And how much length of stay to the return! What questions did the officer ask at the border ? Can you share any information about the subject, thanks.

Sigh

May 6, 2024
hello everyone
I hope y’all doing well
Can someone tell me if spouses with dependents are eligible for the fast trv processing or it’s just spouses with no dependents

canada2024__

Feb 10, 2024
My letter of invitation had:
  • formal wording of invitation to apply under new TRV measure for PR applicants to wait for the PR decision in Canada
  • intent of travel (what will be the occupation of the PA during our stay)
  • my (I'm the sponsor) intent to support PA in every way including housing and food
  • my funds available to support TRV applicant for the duration (statements from saving accounts)

I also added a LOE where I described:
  • very limited ties to home country and in short I described our backup plan should PR be denied or delayed.
  • I also had some additional explanation relative to our specific circumstances that are no interest to others except that we applied while travelling abroad which in turn previously was considered a no-go in terms of home ties.
  • I specifically acknowledged that we will be staying in Canada as long as permitted by law.
Ercan abi, how much you show as fund in the bank account for trv application to spouse?