+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferred to Los Angeles

smilewhisper

Sep 14, 2011
fallsage said:
I sent them an email one month after my file was transferred. I think maybe they don't reply any email within 90 days.
I have been waiting for 2.5 years already. Hope it will finish soon.
Did LA reply to all of your emails or just reply to MP?
smilewhisper, thanks a lot for giving advice.
xoxoxo

Yeh, LA said in the email that "do not contact them in 90 days", but we sent email asking them with questions. I got reply from LA ,so did MP. Actually ,MP phoned LA and talked directly to them. They said "Just wait until they done reviewing the application".

Your file was transfered on August 10,2011. So LA should contact you by early November 2011. If not, you should send them an email inquiry about your application. I believe LA will contact you before then.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
smilewhisper, when you file was transferred, was your status under implied status which means you were renewing your work permit, study permit or visitor permit?
I think that's the reason may file was transferred.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Excuse me for asking one more question.
How long did LA reply to your email after you emailed them?
I emailed LA yesterday, no reply yet. Last month I also emailed them, no reply until now.
So I am considering I should be more patient before finding other help.

smilewhisper

Sep 14, 2011
fallsage said:
smilewhisper, when you file was transferred, was your status under implied status which means you were renewing your work permit, study permit or visitor permit?
I think that's the reason may file was transferred.

It's ok to ask. I was helding Work Permit when my file transfered to LA.
I'm not sure how they sorted the application to transfer. But i read from many sources and i think Buffalo transfers some applications away because they have way too many applications. So i'm glad my file was transfered to LA :)

No worry, you'll see the light at the end of tunnel soon!

About the reply from LA , it took weeks till them get back to me.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
I got PPR. smilewhisper, I think sending their an email helped.
Thanks!
Fingers crossed for everyone. Keep your faith!

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
fallsage said:
Thanks!
Congratulations fallsage...way to go.....

smilewhisper

Sep 14, 2011
fallsage said:
Thanks!

WOW Congrat!!! Welcome to a new life! Are you in Canada or outside the country? I'm really happy for you :)

iceboyz

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Hi,
My file was transfered to LA on September 8th. I applied through Manitoba PNP while I was under study permit. The study permit is valid till November 30th. I am afraid to get PR before my study permit will expire, otherwise I have go to Ukraine and have no ideas what would happen to my file. (I applied renewing it but it is the third time!!! They could refuse my request).

Do you guys think I have enough time to get PR until November 30?

chris cool

Jun 10, 2010
iceboyz said:
Hi,
My file was transfered to LA on September 8th. I applied through Manitoba PNP while I was under study permit. The study permit is valid till November 30th. I am afraid to get PR before my study permit will expire, otherwise I have go to Ukraine and have no ideas what would happen to my file. (I applied renewing it but it is the third time!!! They could refuse my request).

Do you guys think I have enough time to get PR until November 30?
Hello Iceboyz,

I have looked closely at those forum members whose files were transferred to LA and the general criteria which i observed was the fastest to receive the PR was in 28 days and the long as per my knowledge is about 2months. So, hopefully you will receive your PR in time..

chris cool

Jun 10, 2010
tyler_sam said:
Hey cris cool,
can you show us your time line?
were your files transfered too?
Thanks bud!!!
Hello Tyler_Sam,
sorry i some how missed your message. I'll definitely get back to you on my time lines. As i never kept track of it but for sure, post it soon.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
smilewhisper said:

WOW Congrat!!! Welcome to a new life! Are you in Canada or outside the country? I'm really happy for you :)
Thanks. I'm in Canada right now.
And far far far away from LA.

iceboyz

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
chris cool said:
the fastest to receive the PR was in 28 days and the long as per my knowledge is about 2months. So, hopefully you will receive your PR in time..
Thank you..