+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from Panjab university chandigarh for ECA

Jasveer221

Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone
I am currrently living in canada and heard about wes and made an account.They sent me a mail and said you need to send sealed copies to wes from university and i am confused that DO I GO TO INDIA AGAIN AND DO EVERYTHING THAT IS NECESSARY LIKE TO ASSES MY DOCUMENTS HOW DO I DO THAT????

jagjot10

Mar 3, 2018
I got my wife's WES credentials from Panjab University for Bachelor & Masters. Someone has to visit there on your behalf to give the documents and the form. Kindly follow the steps.

Step 1. Collect your documents for WES ECA and sort the documents as listed below in exact same manner.
1. Fee receipt as mentioned in step 3.
2. Transcript request form from puchd.ac.in website. It is available under downloads/General documents (Just one).
Note: Please mention all the semesters and the roll numbers instead of just Bachelors or Masters in rows where it is mentioned transcripts required for. You can do it on computer word document and print it instead of writing manually as there might not be enough space available to mention all. Create more rows if needed and in address, please mention WES canada address along with WES Reference number from step 2.
3. Detailed marks sheets + Degrees + WES Request in following sequence.
a. WES Reqeust form filled for Bachelor's degree. Mention WES Reference number from Step 2.
b. Bachelors detailed marks sheet starting from 1st sem to 3rd sem.
c. Bachelors degree.
d. WES Request form filled for Master's degree. Mention the same WES Reference number from Step 2.
e. Masters detailed marks sheet starting from 1st step to 4th sem.
f. Masters degree.
4. Photo ID Proof with signatures for verification.
5. Make two sets of photo copies for all the documents and self attest them all.

Step 2. Pay for WES ECA on wes.org/ca website and get the Reference number. It will cost $322 (CAD) if you go for faster delivery method (most likely DHL).

Step 3. Visit PU, Chd admin Block and pay the required fee.
You can either pay it at Fee counter in SBI bank, or window next to entry of admin block or India Post Office just near the building.
Best would be post office. I went there at 9AM so that was the only counter open that time and no queues at all.
Fee: Rs 500 per document (Each DMC & Degrees only) which you can count yourself + Rs.150 Form fee if you are using online form, this is a mandatory fee. I paid Rs. 6150 in total.
Delivery charges: Rs.500 if you want to use India speed post. Don't pay, if you want to use DHL. Someone has to visit again to pay Rs 900 once the transcripts are ready to be shipped.
Just mention fee counter guy while paying the amount, that you need to pay fee for Transcripts, they will give you a small form, just fill the amount and required details and get the receipt from there to use in next step.

Step 5. Once you have the receipt, attach it on top of your documents as mentioned in step 1 and proceed towards Admin Block > 4th Floor > Certificates Department and as soon you enter, towards left there is first bench, where an old lady sitting.
Mention that you are here for Transcripts to be sent to WES.
She will check the documents if they are sorted and all documents are available. Once she checks that, she will give one brown envelope to mention WES Address and return to them.
Imp: Mention WES Reference number on top and then complete address of WES Canada. You can find it on WES canada website.

Step 6. Day's task is done, took only an 30-60 mins in total. Now wait for transcripts to be validated from the authorized signatories. It may take around 21 business days. (For me it took 10 days).
You need to follow up with them on landline: 0172-2534837 (Call doesn't connect at one go, so you need to keep trying or ask someone to visit there to get the status)

Step 7. Once you confirm that documents are ready. They will ship it themself and documents will not be given to you at any cost. No tracking number is shared for India Speed post.
If you have opted for DHL, then someone needs to visit and pay Rs 900 over there in certificates department to DHL guy. They will have it delivered. Within 2-3 days, my documents were delivered to WES after paying that amount. You can get DHL Tracking from DHL Office. Certificates department should be able to give you the DHL contact number. I lost it so don't have it now.
Get DHL contact number while you are paying for DHL.

Now let WES complete the task and same can be tracked online.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Damanpreet for very detailed information. I have more than 5 entries to be added under "E. Details of Examinations passed/Syllabi required :". Can you please clarify how did you converted "PU_ApplicationFormForTranscripts.pdf" PDF to word document. Will PU accept the word version of this PDF? If possible can you share the word version of this document.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Thank you Damanpreet for very detailed information. I have more than 5 entries to be added under "E. Details of Examinations passed/Syllabi required :". Can you please clarify how did you converted "PU_ApplicationFormForTranscripts.pdf" PDF to word document. Will PU accept the word version of this PDF? If possible can you share the word version of this document.
Hi jagjot,

I recently got my transcripts from PU.
Just take printout and fill it with pen.
No need to convert it to word.
And if there are more fields, Take another printout and fill the remaining in second form.
I hope that answers your question

NavneetB

Mar 3, 2018
Give me a day an I will let you know. I can't remember exactly but from what I remember there is a form online on PUCHD.AC.IN but the website is not responding so I can't guide you the exact link. But my parents work in PU so I can find out the exact procedure for you. Will call India tomorrow and find out. I will PM you then.
Hi,

I am about to start this process. I am in Hyderabad so my younger brother will be going to Punjab University. Is there any possibility to share a step by step guide (especially what to tick on the form) as someone has mentioned that 'Transcript' was rejected and should opt for detail mark photocopies. Also, how to opt for DHL or any other courier ?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

NavneetB

Mar 3, 2018
Hi
I got my wife's WES credentials from Panjab University for Bachelor & Masters. Someone has to visit there on your behalf to give the documents and the form. Kindly follow the steps.

Step 1. Collect your documents for WES ECA and sort the documents as listed below in exact same manner.
1. Fee receipt as mentioned in step 3.
2. Transcript request form from puchd.ac.in website. It is available under downloads/General documents (Just one).
Note: Please mention all the semesters and the roll numbers instead of just Bachelors or Masters in rows where it is mentioned transcripts required for. You can do it on computer word document and print it instead of writing manually as there might not be enough space available to mention all. Create more rows if needed and in address, please mention WES canada address along with WES Reference number from step 2.
3. Detailed marks sheets + Degrees + WES Request in following sequence.
a. WES Reqeust form filled for Bachelor's degree. Mention WES Reference number from Step 2.
b. Bachelors detailed marks sheet starting from 1st sem to 3rd sem.
c. Bachelors degree.
d. WES Request form filled for Master's degree. Mention the same WES Reference number from Step 2.
e. Masters detailed marks sheet starting from 1st step to 4th sem.
f. Masters degree.
4. Photo ID Proof with signatures for verification.
5. Make two sets of photo copies for all the documents and self attest them all.

Step 2. Pay for WES ECA on wes.org/ca website and get the Reference number. It will cost $322 (CAD) if you go for faster delivery method (most likely DHL).

Step 3. Visit PU, Chd admin Block and pay the required fee.
You can either pay it at Fee counter in SBI bank, or window next to entry of admin block or India Post Office just near the building.
Best would be post office. I went there at 9AM so that was the only counter open that time and no queues at all.
Fee: Rs 500 per document (Each DMC & Degrees only) which you can count yourself + Rs.150 Form fee if you are using online form, this is a mandatory fee. I paid Rs. 6150 in total.
Delivery charges: Rs.500 if you want to use India speed post. Don't pay, if you want to use DHL. Someone has to visit again to pay Rs 900 once the transcripts are ready to be shipped.
Just mention fee counter guy while paying the amount, that you need to pay fee for Transcripts, they will give you a small form, just fill the amount and required details and get the receipt from there to use in next step.

Step 5. Once you have the receipt, attach it on top of your documents as mentioned in step 1 and proceed towards Admin Block > 4th Floor > Certificates Department and as soon you enter, towards left there is first bench, where an old lady sitting.
Mention that you are here for Transcripts to be sent to WES.
She will check the documents if they are sorted and all documents are available. Once she checks that, she will give one brown envelope to mention WES Address and return to them.
Imp: Mention WES Reference number on top and then complete address of WES Canada. You can find it on WES canada website.

Step 6. Day's task is done, took only an 30-60 mins in total. Now wait for transcripts to be validated from the authorized signatories. It may take around 21 business days. (For me it took 10 days).
You need to follow up with them on landline: 0172-2534837 (Call doesn't connect at one go, so you need to keep trying or ask someone to visit there to get the status)

Step 7. Once you confirm that documents are ready. They will ship it themself and documents will not be given to you at any cost. No tracking number is shared for India Speed post.
If you have opted for DHL, then someone needs to visit and pay Rs 900 over there in certificates department to DHL guy. They will have it delivered. Within 2-3 days, my documents were delivered to WES after paying that amount. You can get DHL Tracking from DHL Office. Certificates department should be able to give you the DHL contact number. I lost it so don't have it now.
Get DHL contact number while you are paying for DHL.

Now let WES complete the task and same can be tracked online.

Hope this helps.
Hi Damanpreet,

It's a very detailed post. Thank you so much for it.

I am about to start this process. I am in Hyderabad so my younger brother will be going to Punjab University. Is there any possibility to share a step by step guide (especially what to tick on the form) as someone has mentioned that 'Transcript' was rejected and should opt for detail mark photocopies. Also, how to opt for DHL or any other courier ?

If you don't mind, can I contact you via phone for assistance while filling the form (only if u r comfortable)?

Thank you in advance.

jagjot10

Mar 3, 2018
Hi jagjot,

I recently got my transcripts from PU.
Just take printout and fill it with pen.
No need to convert it to word.
And if there are more fields, Take another printout and fill the remaining in second form.
I hope that answers your question
Yes, thank you very much. I have few more doubts, can you please clarify. On "PU_ApplicationFormForTranscripts.pdf" there is a field for candidate to provide signature. I am not in India. Can I sign and send scan copy of to my relative and can my relative submit the form personally? Do you know whether there is a different fee for NRIs. For my bachelor degree I have 3 marksheets and one degree certificate; for my Master degree I have 6 marksheets and one degree certificate any idea how much I will need to pay? Do I need to do entry for all 11 (i.e. 9 marksheets and 2 degree certificates) documents in the "PU_ApplicationFormForTranscripts.pdf" form.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Yes, thank you very much. I have few more doubts, can you please clarify. On "PU_ApplicationFormForTranscripts.pdf" there is a field for candidate to provide signature. I am not in India. Can I sign and send scan copy of to my relative and can my relative submit the form personally? Do you know whether there is a different fee for NRIs. For my bachelor degree I have 3 marksheets and one degree certificate; for my Master degree I have 6 marksheets and one degree certificate any idea how much I will need to pay? Do I need to do entry for all 11 (i.e. 9 marksheets and 2 degree certificates) documents in the "PU_ApplicationFormForTranscripts.pdf" form.

I am also outside India, and sent the scanned copies only and had a cousin submit them for me.
I don't think the fee for NRI is different.
You will have to pay Rs. 450 per document (check on PU website to confirm), multiply 450 with number of documents you are requesting. I paid around 5800 rupess (Ouch!!).
I had 9 documents, I put one in each filed and filled 2 forms.

Last edited:
Reactions: jagjot10

jagjot10

Mar 3, 2018
I am also outside India, and sent the scanned copies only and had a cousin submit them for me.
I don't think the fee for NRI is different.
You will have to pay Rs. 450 per document (check on PU website to confirm), multiply 450 with number of documents you are requesting. I paid around 5800 rupess (Ouch!!).
I had 9 documents, I put one in each filed and filled 2 forms.
Thank you very helpful. Did you self-attested all the documents? And do we need to submit two sets of photocopies of all the documents?
Did you opted for DHL; any idea what is the process to opt for DHL.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Thank you very helpful. Did you self-attested all the documents? And do we need to submit two sets of photocopies of all the documents?
No need to attest anything.

My cousin asked them about fast courier option, I think they did not answer properly. Tell the

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
No need to attest/self-attest anything.
Did they ask for 2 copies anywhere???

My cousin asked them about faster courier option, they did not answer properly. They took the documents ans told her to come back after 20 days tobstart courier process.

Tell you family members to enquire about DHL or faster option.

Reactions: jagjot10

vikasojha87

Mar 26, 2018
Hello Everyone :)

I have registered WES Canada & got a reference number to be used while requesting the transcripts from PU & PTU. Going to PU website i found one transcript form asking for the details but then i found a template form from WES canada website itself to be sent to the concerned University.

1) Please help me out in deciding which of this forms do i need to take a print out of & submit it to admin block in PU
2) Also is it ok to fill both these form & submit them together in admin block ?
3) I am applying for Express entry , so do i need to have one separate copy of these transcripts for my personal reference for future use ? Is it required
4) will PU provide me a soft copy as well ?
5) any leads for getting the transcripts from PTU ?
6) I have heard about the PTU process: 1st we need to go to the concerned college to get their authorisation for receiving the transcript from PTU, after that , we will have to take this authority letter to PTU for further process . Also got to know that the response time for PTU is comparatively faster than PU ?
7) lastly for Express Entry, can the process be done by self, i mean the complexity of process

any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks once again

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hello Everyone :)

I have registered WES Canada & got a reference number to be used while requesting the transcripts from PU & PTU. Going to PU website i found one transcript form asking for the details but then i found a template form from WES canada website itself to be sent to the concerned University.

1) Please help me out in deciding which of this forms do i need to take a print out of & submit it to admin block in PU
2) Also is it ok to fill both these form & submit them together in admin block ?
3) I am applying for Express entry , so do i need to have one separate copy of these transcripts for my personal reference for future use ? Is it required
4) will PU provide me a soft copy as well ?
5) any leads for getting the transcripts from PTU ?
6) I have heard about the PTU process: 1st we need to go to the concerned college to get their authorisation for receiving the transcript from PTU, after that , we will have to take this authority letter to PTU for further process . Also got to know that the response time for PTU is comparatively faster than PU ?
7) lastly for Express Entry, can the process be done by self, i mean the complexity of process

any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks once again
1. You have to submit both the forms. The WES Form is a proof that you have authorised the issuance of transcripts from PU to WES.
2. Yes, submit both the forms together along with the photocopies of marksheets and degree
3. You will not need any extra copy of them during the EE process, however can keep an extra copy for other purposes (e.g. applying in foreign universities). Also, PU does not issue transcripts for personal use, it will only send them directly to the institution. However, order an extra copy from PTU if you want to.
4. Nope. PU will not give transcripts for personal use in any form.
5. PTU have started accepting applications online. Go on PTU wesbite and create your account and put the request : http://support.ptu.edu.in/
6. No no. I have ordered them online. No need to visit them.
7. Yes, totally. It is very easy.

Reactions: Vikas Ojha

geet garg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi.. I need some information guys.. request you to help me. I have done my bachelors and masters from Panjab university, Chandigarh. I have two query's
1) Do i need to go to the university to get transcripts or i can apply online for the same? or can someone else go on my
2)

Nidhi Barar

May 17, 2018
Hi.. I need some information guys.. request you to help me. I have done my bachelors and masters from Panjab university, Chandigarh. I have two query's
1) Do i need to go to the university to get transcripts or i can apply online for the same? or can someone else go on my
2)
Hi Geet !!!!
If you are not willing to go there, you can send someone else to get your transcripts !!!! I got my transcripts few days back with the help of a person. provided him authorisation letter and he applied on behalf of mine as i was not able to visit the university. that process took around 8-10days and i got my transcripts in my hands. If you want you can also take their help by contacting @ transcriptsatdoorstep@gmail.com .

Last edited: