+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from Panjab university chandigarh for ECA

pums

May 6, 2015
Hi Geet,
Thanks for elaborating the transcript process step by step. Great help indeed !

Just one doubt regarding the 'Transcript Code' which needs to be mentioned in the form. Who will provide this transcript code?
I understand that once payment is made to WES they'll provide WES Ref #.
I Have already downloaded the PU request form. Planning to courier the same alongwith WES form, DD & 2 sets of Degree+marksheets.

TIA.. Cheers!

G.Singh

Dec 31, 2014
pums said:
Hi Geet,
Thanks for elaborating the transcript process step by step. Great help indeed !

Just one doubt regarding the 'Transcript Code' which needs to be mentioned in the form. Who will provide this transcript code?
I understand that once payment is made to WES they'll provide WES Ref #.
I Have already downloaded the PU request form. Planning to courier the same alongwith WES form, DD & 2 sets of Degree+marksheets.

TIA.. Cheers!
Didnt understand the question? No Transcript Code is needed, Just the WES Reference number needs mentioning on front above WES Address.

AND to correct LIVEFREE's suggestion, YOU COULD HAVE POSTED TRANSCRIPTS PERSONALLY. I did it (why? because I wanted to make sure they have sealed it correctly as per WES rules as I am one of those who believe that government officials are lazy/careless-creatures. Guess what they didn't conform with the WES standards of signing over the stamp where envelope flaps are glued and When I asked her to do so, the lady refused with a straight-face). Anyhow, I took the risk and ran to Post Office exactly opposite to the Admin building where I posted the envelope via WORLDNET (cant remember price, i guess it was around 1000/-). Anyhow, the transcripts were accepted without any glitch from WES.

The official contact number for certificate section (floor 4th) is 0172-2534837 (I just used it to find out if my transcripts were attested or not; BUT not sure if you can do initial enquiry over it)

Hope this helped.

pr.dream

Mar 21, 2015
Re: Transcripts from Osmania University for ECA

G.Singh said:
AND to correct LIVEFREE's suggestion, YOU COULD HAVE POSTED TRANSCRIPTS PERSONALLY. I did it (why? because I wanted to make sure they have sealed it correctly as per WES rules. Guess what they didn't conform with the WES standards of signing over the stamp where envelope flaps are glued and When I asked her to do so, the lady refused with a straight-face).
Hey man,

I applied for Transcripts from O.U. Hyderabad and I chose an option to collect by myself. I heard that O.U. gives an open envelope (with transcripts inside of it) without the official seal or anything on it. Even anybody insists to do so they don't do it. I am wondering if that's the case, can I glue the envelope and send it to WES without the official university seal and signature covering the flap? What do you suggest? BTW, I am planning to send only transcripts to WES or do I need to send any other documents with transcripts? Lastly, how long it took for evaluation from WES?

Thanks

chhavi1604

Jul 11, 2015
Hello,

Thanks so much for the comprehensive details on transcripts from Panjab University. I am currently in Toronto and want to apply transcripts from PU. I did my Bsc Hons in Biochemistry. Can someone fill the transcript form and submit to the admin block on my behalf? Also, from where do i get the Transcript code? Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you!

imsmiglani

Sep 12, 2015
Hello geet
Thanks for elaborative discussion on this topic.I have few question regarding process.
You have mentioned Fill the form with Transcript code.What is this code
2.WE can ues online form or required to purchase from Adm. block.
3.In C column of online form they ask that:
Nature of Documents required:please tick---Transcripts/verification of documents/Attestation of photo copies of certificates/Attestation of sylibi.How many items we should tick
b.No of copies of Transcripits/photo copies of certificates required-----------------------------.
4.Seprate form for seperate degrees(M.A,B.Ed.) required or we can apply on single application.
5.Should we assess only highest degree of Qualification e.g M.A,B.Ed.in my case,or Assessment of B.A or 10+2 is required.
Kindly reply and oblidge.

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
You have mentioned Fill the form with Transcript code.What is this code

*****visit the Admin Block, they will guide on the code, it is written on the BIG wall there.****
2.WE can ues online form or required to purchase from Adm. block.

***Form costs 70 Rs, or used to cost 70 Rs 6 months back, not sure about downloading, else you purchase the same from there, NOT a big form to fill*****

3.In C column of online form they ask that:
Nature of Documents required:please tick---Transcripts/verification of documents/Attestation of photo copies of certificates/Attestation of sylibi.How many items we should tick

****I suppose, we need the transcripts from the University, so I assume, that answers it**** Nevertheless, ONLY Transcripts.***

b.No of copies of Transcripits/photo copies of certificates required-----------------------------.

****Pay as per your requirement, PU will not hand over any transcript copy to ANYBODY, they directly send to WES, so why to order multiple copies, if WES requires ONLY ONE.****

4.Seprate form for seperate degrees(M.A,B.Ed.) required or we can apply on single application.

****You can fill in form, as your WES application is ONE FOR YOUR ENTIRE EDUCATION CAREER, so PU will send the same in one document or as they feel fine, but WES will judge the same for ONE account, which is YOURS.*****

5.Should we assess only highest degree of Qualification e.g M.A,B.Ed.in my case,or Assessment of B.A or 10+2 is required.
Kindly reply and oblidge.

***Im sure PU is not offering 10+2 classes, so we can NOT get our 10+2 transcripts from PU, moreover, Neither WES is asking for 10+2 OR any SCHOOLING certificates to be assessed.****

WES judges the Graduate & Higher degrees ONLY.

Canada does not give any points for Schooling, they only rate & provide points on education which is post schooling which is officially authorized by any body like WES.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
can anyone help in tracking my transcripts....
panjab univ. gave me reference number RP******IN
now i want to tracknut don't know which courier service is this for?? i have checked in canada postal services..any other?

Mani72

Jan 6, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am applying for canadian immigration under express entry and I have done my Graduation from Panjab univeristy through correspondence.

Pleas let me know if a correspondence degree has any negative impact on my immigration process.

NaviSidhu

Mar 19, 2016
Hi all,
On Punjab University's website they say USD 240 for transcript attestation for persons residing abroad.
Is it for the International Student's or any student who might have migrated abroad?

I am currently in Canada, so was wondering about that do I need to shell USD 720 or INR 1,320 for my B.Com transcript authentication?

Can anybody please clarify.

Thanks in advance
Navi

Nov 26, 2016
hi Preet,

well i have just filed for my Transcripts from PU, as i have completed my bachelors and masters from there. here is some new information, if it may help

the new fee for the form for Transcripts is Rs-150, you can get multiple copies of the transcripts via the same form.
So 2 photocopies of each DMC & Degree in two different bundles need to be attache to the form, along with the fee of Rs-500 (per sheet)
so my total came to 500 x 10 = 5000.
But now instead of paying additional Rs - 500 as Postal charges. You can send Transcripts through speed post, just write DHL (courier service provider) at the bottom of the form, where you fill the address of WES (or wherever you are sending the documents).
Then after 21 working days, you need to go the (Certificate office|Room- 144, 4th Floor|PU Admin Block). Take your sealed envelop containing Transcripts and there itself pay around Rs-1000 (cash) for Speed Post. Punjab University will not let you take the Transcripts, they insist on sending the documents to the concerned authority themselves. But now they have started offering the service of Speed post - Thank god

PS - instead of a DD (as Certificate Dept. officials say that DD takes more time to cash and the process gets delayed), submit the Amount at State Bank or Post office at the University itself - get as cash deposit slip and attache that with the form. (dont forget to write the Transcripts code - R0040 on deposit slip.

NOTE - Both the Post Office & Certificate Room are OPEN ON SATURDAYS ( so you can submit your form for Transcripts on Saturdays as well, just like i did, Not many students know this. Also the back entrance of the Admin block is closed on Saturdays so take an Entry Slip from Inquiry first, then enter from the main side. take the stairs on the right, head to 4th floor and right ahead of you will find Room no 144.

Hope this helps ....

Reactions: rajkrthakur

Banga999

Nov 30, 2016
Hi harry, I am working on getting my ECA done, can you clear my few doubts.

1. You got your transcripts to use them in India or in Canada?
2. The transcripts they will mail are just the photocopies with university's seal and stamps or new original transcripts?

I saw your post that helped me a alot. Thanks for all the clear info.

mickpreet

Dec 5, 2016
Hi dear , Go to the website of Punjab university - General Forms - ("Choose 5th Option") Application form for Transcripts/Verification/Attestation- Download the form. You have to pay 150 INR for this form along with the fees of transcripts.
Thanks