Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
verveiko said:
my friend applied for PR (BC PNP, he mentioned Buffalo), but in 5 months he got med request from ukrainian office (he's ukrainian), his wife was in Ukraine at the time he applied, after she came to Canada, but anyways his app in Ukraine (avg time is 19 months), that's unlucky.

so I believe that's true.
Thank you, but that is one example. that is not considered a verifiable source, nor a written policy from government that you claimed it is. Plus, if your friend had not stayed long enough in Canada to be deem a Canadian resident then CIO may refer his case back to his home country.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
TRUONGAN said:
Thank you, but that is one example. that is not considered a verifiable source, nor a written policy from government that you claimed it is. Plus, if your friend had not stayed long enough in Canada to be deem a Canadian resident then CIO may refer his case back to his home country.
he was 1 year, btw when I sent mine I was only 11 months in Canada, but I'm in Sydney.

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not have a link where it shows this information but I am pretty sure this is the policy as of now. Following is the reason why this policy is being followed -

When PR visa is stamped on the passports, it has to be done together for all the applicants. Suppose, principal applicant is in Canada but his/her spouse is in India. Now in this case, spouse can not send passport from India to Canada (It is illegal to send passport like that except under some circumstances) and principal applicant can not send passport to India. So only way for them to submit passports together is that principal applicant will go to India and send the passport with his/her spouse's passport to visa office. For this reason (there may be some other reasons), PR application will be processed in a country where the spouse/dependents are residing.

TRUONGAN said:
Hmm, can you please show us the source of this info? I think the principle applicant is the most important factor when assigning to VO. If someone lives in Canada and obtain Canadian qualification just because his spouse in India then his application be processed in India. That doesn't sound right to me

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
singh_111 said:
I do not have a link where it shows this information but I am pretty sure this is the policy as of now. Following is the reason why this policy is being followed -

When PR visa is stamped on the passports, it has to be done together for all the applicants. Suppose, principal applicant is in Canada but his/her spouse is in India. Now in this case, spouse can not send passport from India to Canada (It is illegal to send passport like that except under some circumstances) and principal applicant can not send passport to India. So only way for them to submit passports together is that principal applicant will go to India and send the passport with his/her spouse's passport to visa office. For this reason (there may be some other reasons), PR application will be processed in a country where the spouse/dependents are residing.

I have 2 dependents abroad yet my application is being processed in Ottawa

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
I have 2 dependents abroad yet my application is being processed in Ottawa
You are citizen of which country (and where are your dependants residing) ?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
singh_111 said:
You are citizen of which country (and where are your dependants residing) ?
We all Chinese

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
We all Chinese
Are you really sure that your application is being processed in Ottawa? Do you know how you will submit the passports for stamping?

Kentish

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Nomination.....
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi All,

I've updated my timeline. Pls see left.

Meanwhile, I checked my ecas today and noticed that the status has been updated with 'We started processing your application on December 2, 2012.'

What does this mean? Am I getting PPR soon?

Thanks.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
i hope in couple months, mine was started on 1 dec.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
singh_111 said:
Are you really sure that your application is being processed in Ottawa? Do you know how you will submit the passports for stamping?
The whole family passports will be submitted at once to VO in North America (either CPP-O or consulates in US).
The VO is designated based on country of residence of principle applicant. I've been in Canada for long, even I am national of Chinese I do not have any ties back there nor did I go to school there.
That doesn't make sense that Beijing will process my PR. The eligiblity of PA can only be best determined by the office responsible for his region. All other accompanying dependents only have to pass admissibilty screening which can be done by any visa office. My dependent's MR were sent out by office in Canada.

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
The whole family passports will be submitted at once to VO in North America (either CPP-O or consulates in US).
The VO is designated based on country of residence of principle applicant. I've been in Canada for long, even I am national of Chinese I do not have any ties back there nor did I go to school there.
That doesn't make sense that Beijing will process my PR. The eligiblity of PA can only be best determined by the office responsible for his region. All other accompanying dependents only have to pass admissibilty screening which can be done by any visa office. My dependent's MR were sent out by office in Canada.
I have seen quite a few cases (Mostly Indian applicants) where the principal applicant (who is residing in Canada) has to go to India and submit the passport along with dependents for stamping there. So your case may be an exception rather than norm.

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
I missed one thing. How you will bring your dependents' passports to North America?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
singh_111 said:
I missed one thing. How you will bring your dependents' passports to North America?
They can courier it to me here in Canada from home country. We do not have such restriction as India. I never heard of any other country with the same law regarding passport.

And I don't believe CIC has to change its operation just because India doesnt allow passport transfer.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
TRUONGAN said:
They can courier it to me here in Canada from home country. We do not have such restriction as India. I never heard of any other country with the same law regarding passport.

And I don't believe CIC has to change its operation just because India doesnt allow passport transfer.
who cares, I got bank credit cards from Ukraine to Canada via post.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
singh_111 said:
it seems only india has that regulation. :)