+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Folks,
Today I have received the Email of AOR from CIC for my family application.
I hope all gets their soon. I got the AOR in 49 days. which is OKay I guess. Now starts the real wait game.

Document/XLsheet updated

Hope for the best
Cheers

Citizenship Application (F) — Calgary
Mailed: June 04, 2015 (UPS) — 1,097 days of physical presence
Received: June 08, 2015
AOR: July 27 at 04:30 PM
Application Type: Family

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
malimm0a75 said:
Folks,
I hope all gets their soon. I got the AOR in 49 days. which is OKay I guess. Now starts the real wait game.

Hope for the best
Cheers
Congrats.

malimm0a75 said:
Citizenship Application (1A) — Calgary
I assume that you're copying my signature with a few modifications because they look the same, as in someone took my signature and added their info. 1A means 1 Adult (a single application), though. If yours is a family application, 1A doesn't make sense.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
MariamT
Yep I copied your timeline...! ( is there a copyright..?? ::) I hope not...!! I just wanted to keep record for me...! plus for people...!

Thanks again

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
malimm0a75 said:
MariamT
Yep I copied your timeline...! ( is there a copyright..?? ::) I hope not...!! I just wanted to keep record for me...! plus for people...!

Thanks again
Hi, my name is Miriam. No, no copyright, I'm actually flattered someone decided to copy me, heh. I'm just pointing out that 1A (single application) and Family application don't go together.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
MiriamT said:
Hi, my name is Miriam. No, no copyright, I'm actually flattered someone decided to copy me, heh. I'm just pointing out that 1A (single application) and Family application don't go together.
Miriam, Thanks....and I appreciate that. Apology for name spelling...! :) ;D you have a great day. Take care

Pink123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5,2015
AOR Received.
July 11,2015
File Transfer...
August 6,2015
MiriamT said:
I had a similar issue with my first application (back in 2013). My passport expired near mid-November 2011, and I received a new passport in the very beginning of February 2012. The application was returned, and I didn't understand why at the time (now I do, though).

What I did in this new application was to include a letter listing all the documents that were included in the application, but specifically about the passport situation:

"Photocopies (colour, clear and legible) of all passports that I have held ([nationality] passport [number] covering November 14, 2006 through November 13, 2011, and [nationality] passport [number] covering February 03, 2012 through February 02, 2017). Between November 14, 2011 and February 02, 2012 I did not have a valid passport. I have never held any other passports;"

I bolded it so they wouldn't miss this detail, heh. There was no issue this time.

If the application is otherwise correct, I'd just resend as is, with the letter attached that you didn't have a valid passport during that time.
Thanks MiriamT! I followed your advice; i just created a letter and resent the application form today. :)

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Pink123 said:
Thanks MiriamT! I followed your advice; i just created a letter and resent the application form today. :)
Best of luck!

fqutishat

Jul 27, 2015
I applied with gap between the old passport and the new passport without explanation because in the Instruction Guide in old guide they didn't mention a note about this case.

Old Guide:
3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession please explain why.

New Guide:
3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent.

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If your passports and/or travel documents have any gaps in the time they cover during the past six (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent, attach an explanation.

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession, attach an explanation.

Will be unfair if they returned the old application for the passport gap even they didn't mention in their guide. :eek:

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
fqutishat said:
I applied with gap between the old passport and the new passport without explanation because in the Instruction Guide in old guide they didn't mention a note about this case.

. . .

Will be unfair if they returned the old application for the passport gap even they didn't mention in their guide. :eek:
Yes, this is why I (and others in the same situation) didn't know anything about it. And when they returned my application, they stated that I had failed to include the biographical pages of the passports, which I hadn't and so I was very confused. Even when I sent my application this time, there wasn't anything about it but I already knew that this could have been the issue.

Once the June 11th changes applied, the instructions were modified to reflect that (as you also pointed out). Applications returned due to gap(s) in passport renewal aren't something new, what's new is indicating in the instruction guide that this could be an issue, I think they should've done this before so applicants knew it and didn't have any setbacks.

fqutishat

Jul 27, 2015
MiriamT said:
Yes, this is why I (and others in the same situation) didn't know anything about it. And when they returned my application, they stated that I had failed to include the biographical pages of the passports, which I hadn't and so I was very confused. Even when I sent my application this time, there wasn't anything about it but I already knew that this could have been the issue.

Once the June 11th changes applied, the instructions were modified to reflect that (as you also pointed out). Applications returned due to gap(s) in passport renewal aren't something new, what's new is indicating in the instruction guide that this could be an issue, I think they should've done this before so applicants knew it and didn't have any setbacks.
Thanks, So I should expect them to return the application soon I applied in 1 June.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
fqutishat said:
Thanks, So I should expect them to return the application soon I applied in 1 June.
Not necessarily, it'll be up to the officer. Hopefully it won't be returned.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
fqutishat said:
Your application would have been retruned since few weeks ago. I think you might be able to pull it off depending on the agent that is assigned to your application.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
CanCanCit said:
Congrats Ojeola and the other recent lucky ones!
Thanks @ CanCancit. Wishing everyone all the best. Hopefully you get to have you own AOR before the ending of this week.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
malimm0a75 said:
Folks,

Document/XLsheet updated

Hope for the best
Cheers

Citizenship Application (F) — Calgary
Congratulations on you AOR

fqutishat

Jul 27, 2015
Ojeola said:
Your application would have been retruned since few weeks ago. I think you might be able to pull it off depending on the agent that is assigned to your application.
Today I have received the Email of AOR from CIC for my application, I already update the sheet.