cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
punk said:
MPs wont have any impact but senator would have, so you have to call your Senators.

On sidenote, I discussed this with Minister John last night and he said he is working with senators to get this passed. He hope that Senate will discuss it before Christmas however the chances are low. He didn't seem so hopeful about the timelines.
Dear punk

with all respect to all your feed back but how do you always talk with ministers and pm's about the bill !!! last time you gave feedback you said the minister said it will be passed by canada day , then at end of year and both those dates are gone and still we are in same place

i'm not accusing you of misinformation but politicians have a sweet way of speaking of things and make everything sounds easy while the reality is not .

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
I saw in Linda Frum's twitter feed in a discussion between her and another person where she says that The Minister has asked for an amendment for bill c6. So this might be part of the whole delay as the govt want the amendment, they can't question the senate for taking so much time, and the cons in the senate, even though they know that they have to pass this bill because it is part of govt's election promise are taking their own sweet time over it as part of their revenge over a bill that they hate as they call the shots now (presumably)

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
punk said:
MPs wont have any impact but senator would have, so you have to call your Senators.

On sidenote, I discussed this with Minister John last night and he said he is working with senators to get this passed. He hope that Senate will discuss it before Christmas however the chances are low. He didn't seem so hopeful about the timelines.
There is no enough time, it's hopeless by 2016.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
Dear punk

with all respect to all your feed back but how do you always talk with ministers and pm's about the bill !!! last time you gave feedback you said the minister said it will be passed by canada day , then at end of year and both those dates are gone and still we are in same place

i'm not accusing you of misinformation but politicians have a sweet way of speaking of things and make everything sounds easy while the reality is not .
Yes I passed the information as relayed by the Minister. I ran the Election campaign for one of the Ministers and involved so get a chance to meet with them on regular basis as well as Senators. You need to realize how politics and system works. At this point of time, whining here won't help but if each of us individually follows up with our senator on regular basis, this bill would move fast. At the moment, probably only 1-2 members have reached out to them. As senator, you have many major bills to work on and the one that create most noise gains most attention.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
punk said:
Yes I passed the information as relayed by the Minister. I ran the Election campaign for one of the Ministers and involved so get a chance to meet with them on regular basis as well as Senators. You need to realize how politics and system works. At this point of time, whining here won't help but if each of us individually follows up with our senator on regular basis, this bill would move fast. At the moment, probably only 1-2 members have reached out to them. As senator, you have many major bills to work on and the one that create most noise gains most attention.
thanks for the clarification , but regarding contacting senators , I'm not living in canada as i will move by next year , so is there exact senator to contact or i should be living there to do that , i sent emails though ?!

thanks

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
cooldoc80 said:
thanks for the clarification , but regarding contacting senators , I'm not living in canada as i will move by next year , so is there exact senator to contact or i should be living there to do that , i sent emails though ?!

thanks
I think it is not necessary, we need to have a bit more patience. And see how fast they work on this. Certainly Senate wants to amend few things in the bill ; e.g. Right to appeal if citizenship is revoked (I think this is the main issue right now; I believe it is very important and it is needed; Minister can misinterpret the files; so victim should have a right to go to the court)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:

thanks
You dont have to be living in Canada.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Shmak2017 said:
Seriously....its dead now.
Don't give up on it yet. It's certainly an exasperating process, and its six months in the Senate this week makes one want to vote to abolish the Senate entirely, but, if we all just keep on hounding our respective senators in each of our provinces/territories, just maybe we'll get justice in the end.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
ChippyBoy said:
Don't give up on it yet. It's certainly an exasperating process, and its six months in the Senate this week makes one want to vote to abolish the Senate entirely, but, if we all just keep on hounding our respective senators in each of our provinces/territories, just maybe we'll get justice in the end.
So Senator Lang's office says that he'll be speaking to Bill C-6 next week, while Senator Omidvar's office says that the Senate may not be sitting next week...

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
ChippyBoy said:
So Senator Lang's office says that he'll be speaking to Bill C-6 next week, while Senator Omidvar's office says that the Senate may not be sitting next week...
There is no sitting next week, my understanding as Sen. Bellemare just said today that when the senate adjourn next sitting remains adjourn toll February 04, 2017.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
finally second reading is finish and goes for third reading maybe tommorrow or next week