Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
bukyder said:
Hi guys,

I am seriously considering BOWP application now as there is NOT much progress in my PR application.

My question is:
Would there be any delay on my BOWP application or more review by BOWP officers if I put "applying for a work permit with a NEW EMPLOYER", although in my PR application(Via AINP) it indicates my current employer? I want to work for another employer after I get PR. Please advise. thanks.
Hey bukyder I'm with you man,

I've applied for BOWP regardless just to be safe since my PR application still in progress.. and I also want to work for another employer after I got my PR..
Anyway, per many posting in this topic, it doesnt matter whether you choose new/current employee. But I'll choose "current employer" for now anyway just for preference purpose, so it gives CIC an impression that you wanted to work on the same employer, hence make things easier (maybe?).
Since the new permit that you will received always be "Open Work Permit", and that means you can work with any employer.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Members ,

Need one Help
While filling IMM5710E for my spouse (she was in Visitor permit now applying first time Open WP) in section "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA, SECTIONS.. 2,3,4,5,6,7 " what I should Fill ? Should i leave it blank as she don't have any Offer as of now and she need to find job once Open WP approve.
Or just write Not applicable

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
XanderZ said:
Hey bukyder I'm with you man,

I've applied for BOWP regardless just to be safe since my PR application still in progress.. and I also want to work for another employer after I got my PR..
Anyway, per many posting in this topic, it doesnt matter whether you choose new/current employee. But I'll choose "current employer" for now anyway just for preference purpose, so it gives CIC an impression that you wanted to work on the same employer, hence make things easier (maybe?).
Since the new permit that you will received always be "Open Work Permit", and that means you can work with any employer.
Thank you!when is your work permit going to expire?mine will expire on Nov.14,so I'm going to submit my bowp application late this month or early Sept.

laloona

Aug 22, 2014
Hi, guys! I just applied for a BOWP at the beginning of August and received a notification asking for additional documents. They want reference letters from my previous employers and I was wondering why they would ask me that. Has anyone had anything similar? What happens if I do not send them the additional documents? They gave me short notice and I don't know if I will get the letters in time.

I was fired from one of my previous jobs, so obviously I would rather not ask for a letter from them. I thought BOWP was not tied to any work experience or job offer!

vipergtsr

Jul 8, 2014
Hi

I have 2 IMM5710E forms because it asks for 10 years worth of work history, and it will not fit into 1 form.

I notice that you cannot upload more than 1 IMM5710E forms on the online application tool.

Does any one else have this issue -- how did they fix it? I imagine that I would need to scan both parts into one pdf?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ Nope - you must submit one IMM5710.

If there is not enough room to answer a question then put the extra details in an explanation letter, and specify the form(s) and question(s) that the extra details relate to. Then upload it as an explanation letter (I think this is what they call it).

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Hello,

I am ready to apply for BOWP (forms IMM5710E,5713E for self). My spouse is currently with visitor visa and child on study permit. What other forms do i need to include for them ?

Also, do I have to mandatorily apply for open work permit for spouse ? do I have an option of extending the visitor visa ? The reason is, my spouse does not have any work experience... so, wanted to check if there is any option other that open work permit for her...

What forms for the kid to extend the study permit ?

Regards,

Kumar.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi
I am planning to apply for Bowp for me and Sowp for my wife together
When i fill questionare.
When uploading it asks me optional documents
IMM5257B--Schedule 1
Expalnation Letter.

These documnets are not listed when i filled questionare.Do you think these documents should be uploaded or not.

Moreover for form
IMM5713E-Use of Family Representative Form---This should be filled by me and signed by me right or my wife should fill it .
Please correct me if i am wrong

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
kumar_montreal said:
Hello,

I am ready to apply for BOWP (forms IMM5710E,5713E for self). My spouse is currently with visitor visa and child on study permit. What other forms do i need to include for them ?

Also, do I have to mandatorily apply for open work permit for spouse ? do I have an option of extending the visitor visa ? The reason is, my spouse does not have any work experience... so, wanted to check if there is any option other that open work permit for her...

What forms for the kid to extend the study permit ?

Regards,

Kumar.
Hi
I am planning to apply for Bowp for me and Sowp for my wife together
When i fill questionare.
When uploading it asks me optional documents
IMM5257B--Schedule 1
Expalnation Letter.

These documnets are not listed when i filled questionare.Do you think these documents should be uploaded or not.

Moreover for form
IMM5713E-Use of Family Representative Form---This should be filled by me and signed by me right..
Please correct me if i am wrong

bolla

Oct 17, 2013
Hi Friends,

the link below says that the document has expired. I could not find out the latest page on this info.
Could some one please tell me where can I find the latest info on cic website?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

Thanks
Bolla

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
I moved this post from the main board because I thought it belonged here:

I have no spouse, but I do have 3 kids, 2 of them with open work permits which are based on my closed work permit. In the questionnaire it asks if I want to apply for any family members. That would be referring to a spouse, not child, right? I want to put 'no' because each BOWP costs $150. Am I safe to do that? My kids are working (and going to school) and I don't want them to have to stop.

Also, I'm submitting my application electronically from within Canada. Usually whenever I submit documents like this I get an email receipt from CIC within minutes. Is that enough to keep working beyond the expiration date of my work permit? Right now the turn-around time for BOWPs submitted electronically is something like 7 days and I have almost a month, but just in case...

Thanks in advance!

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bolla said:
Hi Friends,

the link below says that the document has expired. I could not find out the latest page on this info.
Could some one please tell me where can I find the latest info on cic website?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

Thanks
Bolla
Here's the updated link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
canadacec2012 said:
Hi All,

I have done some research on BOWP going thought the posts in forum and providing some tips to get BOWP without hassle.

Tips for BOWP
• Read the OB485 for BOWP eligibility - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp
• BOWP Application form – IMM5710 link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
• IMM5710 form filling
o Select Open Work Permit(Type of Work permit are you applying for)
o Do NOT indicate a specific employer(BOWP application - Not Applicable)
o Include an explanation letter and mention OB485, your CEC file number and also include a copy of the AOR your received and your currently valid work permit, all in one PDF file in that order.
o Question 3 in form IMM5710 – A work permit with same employer and/or A work permit with new employer
• We can withdraw the BOWP application before file is not being start processing - email address for BOWP questions/clarifications/Withdraw - question @ cic.gc.ca,
email below details for Withdraw BOWP
Complete Name;
Client ID number, if you have one;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Country of birth;
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
Application type;
Date the e-Application was transmitted;
Online application reference number;
Payment receipt number

Hi Guys,

Question about IMM5710 :

Q. Have you previously applied to enter to remain in Canada?
I came here as an international student and applied for post diploma work permit once I graduated , and extended my work permit last year.. Do I answer yes to that question and mention all the above or should the answer be NO..

Thank you :)

Katie J

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
katie26 said:
Hi Guys,

Question about IMM5710 :

Q. Have you previously applied to enter to remain in Canada?
I came here as an international student and applied for post diploma work permit once I graduated , and extended my work permit last year.. Do I answer yes to that question and mention all the above or should the answer be NO..

Thank you :)

Katie J
Answer yes and provide the above info.

o0corbin0o

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-11-2012
Med's Request
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2013
Re: Tips for a successful BOWP applicatio

I'm on process of filling up a BOWP application and have some doubts. I would really appreciate of you could help me clarify or give your inputs .

I'm currently on a Closed Work permit expiring Feb 18 ,2015 Working at a Permanent , Full-time position. (I intend to work with the same employer until my PR application is processed completely. )

While filling the form IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker)

A) What should I choose from below?
i. A work permit with the same employer
ii. Restoration of temporary resident status as worker
iii. A work permit with a new employer
iv Initial Temporary Resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

( should it be work permit with same Employer or New Employer )

B) Do I have to provide present Employer detail on "Details of Intended Work in Canada", as I plan to work for the same employer since my position is permanent.

C) Do we fill in the "Duration for Expected Employment" ( 1 yr ) or leave that section Blank?

D) My spouse And my daughter is with here in Canada whose status depends on my Closed work permit.
Do my spouse need to apply seperately for BOWP? How about my dauGhter?

Thank you in Advance..! Appreciate your help.!

Cheers.!