N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
Hi,

Who among you here have applied for bowp just 1-2 weeks before your work permit expires?
I'm just curious if I could even push applying bowp just A DAY before my work permit expires and be on implied status while waiting for my passport from CiC( visa stamping, they're taking a month for a visa stamp).

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Sure you could do that.
There was one recent post here though about extending a Study Permit (?) at the last minute, got logged-out, had system issues accessing MyCIC, so became out-of-status since it reached 12MN of the last day.
While he can apply for restoration as a Student, the BOWP guidelines will not be applicable at this point.

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
MenicMonday said:
Sure you could do that.
There was one recent post here though about extending a Study Permit (?) at the last minute, got logged-out, had system issues accessing MyCIC, so became out-of-status since it reached 12MN of the last day.
While he can apply for restoration as a Student, the BOWP guidelines will not be applicable at this point.
Ok thanks. Our passports reached Ottawa in Oct. 1, so Im guessing we'll get our passports back next week. But I still kind of hesitant to spend more money in applying for bowp. im a bit worried though with my daughter's study permit,as It will expire in 2 weeks time too. Thanks for your response!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
We applied a new SP (and this was for Post-Secondary) around Aug 2014, even though I was beyond the PR processing time (July 2013 applicant).
This SP needed more documentations than the usual dependent one since she was 18.
I couldn't risk not doing it hoping that the PR will arrive.

The PR did get approved this month, so she was only on that visa for ~2 months.

You may wait within a week or even a couple of days before it expires, but prepare the documentations beforehand.

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Hi everyone ,

I would be happy if anyone can help me quickly , I have to talk to my employer today !

I received my Post Graduate Work Permit on April 2013. It expires in April 2016. 17 months from now.

Now I have a job offer in BC and 17 months until my PGWP expires.

(The reason that I haven't started my job here in Canada yet is that I found a job in the US and have been waiting for the US visa until 2 months ago. But my visa didn't work out and now I'm back to Canada. The reason that I haven't applied for Canada PR yet is that I have been in Quebec and I didn't know French so I couldn't apply for PR.)

I studied M.Sc. in Computer Science at McGill. I don't have any work experience in Canada.

Let's assume that I start my job in December 2014.

My questions are :

1.Do I need to tell my employer (I'm in process of receiving the job offer) that I may need visa extension some time in FUTURE ? it may risk my offer while I may never need their support for visa extension.

2.Do I always need my employer to apply for LMO ? I may apply for my PR through PNP or CEC .

3.Is LMO application by employer costly ? is it something complicated ? is it usually done ?

3.In general , is it something that I have to consider/mention while accepting an offer ?

There are two ways that I learned that I can apply for PR :

CEC :

Let's assume that I start my job on December 15th 2014. It takes 1 year to be eligible to apply for CEC. So I will apply for CEC in January 2016.
It takes 3 months to receive the AOR (am I right?). So I will receive it on April 1st 2016.

But my PGWP expires on April 26th 2016. Is it enough time to apply for BOWP ? I heard that I have to apply for BOWP 4 months before PGWP is expired.

PNP :

After starting the job , I apply for the PNP immediately. It takes 8,9 months. Then I apply for PR and I extend my work permit 4 months before my PGWP expires.
(Do I need LMO in this case too ? )

Thanks in advance.

cec1979

Nov 10, 2014
hello all,

I wonder if those who had successful applications could help me out with a question I have about form IMM5710E.

according to the instructions guide 5553,

we need to fill out the form online, validate the form, and submit the barcode along in the application.

However, in page 3 'details of intended work in Canada', the form asks for your employer's information in questions 2-7.

I see that this forum advises that we leave those section blank, but this prevents validation.

Because of the validation issue, my lawyer is suggesting that I fill in my employer details (I have a job offer, but of course whether I can start work is contingent on getting the BOWP). My lawyer suggests doing something like the following:

Q2. XXXXX Inc, job offer conditional on approval of Bridging Open Work Permit (offer letter attached)

Any advice? should I just write 'BOWP, NA' instead, and skip the validation barcode form?
Or, should I fill in the info and get the barcode? Some of the info owould be very approximate, w.g. start/stop date of employment on Q5.

One potential kink (or not) is that I haven't gotten my AOR yet, (will probably get it in two weeks at current rates) and my work permit runs out next Monday. So I will be doing the paper app with cover letter asking the officer to look up my app number on ECAS.

thanks very much for any advice!

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
cec1979 said:
hello all,

I wonder if those who had successful applications could help me out with a question I have about form IMM5710E.

according to the instructions guide 5553,

we need to fill out the form online, validate the form, and submit the barcode along in the application.

However, in page 3 'details of intended work in Canada', the form asks for your employer's information in questions 2-7.

I see that this forum advises that we leave those section blank, but this prevents validation.

Because of the validation issue, my lawyer is suggesting that I fill in my employer details (I have a job offer, but of course whether I can start work is contingent on getting the BOWP). My lawyer suggests doing something like the following:

Q2. XXXXX Inc, job offer conditional on approval of Bridging Open Work Permit (offer letter attached)

Any advice? should I just write 'BOWP, NA' instead, and skip the validation barcode form?
Or, should I fill in the info and get the barcode? Some of the info owould be very approximate, w.g. start/stop date of employment on Q5.

One potential kink (or not) is that I haven't gotten my AOR yet, (will probably get it in two weeks at current rates) and my work permit runs out next Monday. So I will be doing the paper app with cover letter asking the officer to look up my app number on ECAS.

thanks very much for any advice!

I filled out the employment details with " N/A applying for BOWP " and left the employment location blank and was able to validate it and got BOWP approved.

Good luck ! :)

Ivy HUANG

Dec 5, 2014
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how should I apply for BOWP, after your WP has expired, during the restoration period??? If I have CEC File Num (AOR) already.

Please advice!!! Shocked

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Ivy HUANG said:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how should I apply for BOWP, after your WP has expired, during the restoration period??? If I have CEC File Num (AOR) already.

Please advice!!! Shocked
BOWP you can apply if below 3 condition you fulfill
1) You are in Canada
2) You got AOR for your PR application
3) your current WP is going to expire in 4 months

Good Luck

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Ivy HUANG said:
Hi,

Please advice!!! Shocked
You cannot apply for BOWP once your original work permit has expired.. You can apply for restoration and along with it an application for BOWP.. But most definitely your BOWP will be rejected and you will only get a visitor status

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
CEC_1304 said:
BOWP you can apply if below 3 condition you fulfill
1) You are in Canada
2) You got AOR for your PR application
3) your current WP is going to expire in 4 months

Good Luck
I'm not sure about the condition of being in canada.. Are u sure about it?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mesumrizvi said:
I'm not sure about the condition of being in canada.. Are u sure about it?
Hope this link will help you to understand requirement :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Good Luck

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
My original BOWP was for 4 months instead of 12 due to my passport expiry.. now i got my passport renewed and am going to apply for bowp extension... can i also apply for SOWP simultaneously? The issue is that im in Canada but my spouse is in Pakistan.. any suggestions?

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
While filling IMM 5710 form, i am seeing the below question in Background Information.

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ?

Do i have to select Yes or No.
I am applying for BOWP

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Select Yes and provide history of all your visit visas, study permits and work permits etc

rabi123 said:
While filling IMM 5710 form, i am seeing the below question in Background Information.

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ?

Do i have to select Yes or No.
I am applying for BOWP