+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
Select Yes and provide history of all your visit visas, study permits and work permits etc
Thanks, so should i apply my Visa details along with Work permit.
I am bit confused as they asked my Work permit details earlier in the document.
Please provide your assistance.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hello every one im in a bit of a bind and i want to apply for a bowp but i applied for cec this month so would work out if i applied bowp in January
i really need one

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Ruyodono said:
Hello every one im in a bit of a bind and i want to apply for a bowp but i applied for cec this month so would work out if i applied bowp in January
i really need one
what date u applied for CEC? what date is ur work permit expiring?.. i suggest apply for BOWP a day before your work permit expires using paper based application and it will be successful if CIC has issued u an AOR for CEC at the time of BOWP application processing.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
rabi123 said:
Thanks, so should i apply my Visa details along with Work permit.
I am bit confused as they asked my Work permit details earlier in the document.
Please provide your assistance.
can u pls explain what do u mean by visa details? I am confused about ur exact question.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
what date u applied for CEC? what date is ur work permit expiring?.. i suggest apply for BOWP a day before your work permit expires using paper based application and it will be successful if CIC has issued u an AOR for CEC at the time of BOWP application processing.
Well i applied for cec in December on the 5th it should have gotten there on the 17 at the latest so i and my wp expires at the end of February but at the moment i need a job so i dont have to leave before cec is processed.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Well BOWP is not based on if u have a job but if u hv a valid work permit and an AOR.. i suggest apply paper based BOWP 2 days before expiry of ur work permit if u do not have AOR.. if u have AOR then apply online BOWP.. hopefully it will all work out..

Ruyodono said:
Well i applied for cec in December on the 5th it should have gotten there on the 17 at the latest so i and my wp expires at the end of February but at the moment i need a job so i dont have to leave before cec is processed.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Thank you for all the help i will just hang in there and see what cic is up too if the current speed keeps up we should see aors in a month and a half because i see that they are on September, October and some Novembers rite now best of luck to every one who applied.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
I think I may be out of luck based on what I know, but I thought I would ask for any assistance on extending a post graduate work permit.

Situation:

1. PGWP expiring early March 2015
2. Family Class Spousal Sponsorship applied in Aug 2014 for PR
3. "AOR" indicating sponsor approved and application sent to Warsaw for further processing received in October 2014
4. Currently self employed and started new job Jan 5, 2015 (no formal contract with employer...invoicing the company for time & services) however employed as employee in 2014 at another job.
5. Live in Canada now for 5 years and living common law.

Is there any way to continue to work or get an OWP or BOWP given my situation? I don't fall under one of the 4 federal skilled class requirements for AOR as I am applied under Family Class. I would prefer not to give up working until I hear back on my PR which I'm hoping will be no more than a few months past my March 2015 work permit expiry. I will try to apply for IEC working holiday visa, but I may not qualify due to currently not being a resident in the country through which I will apply (yes it is one of the countries which still asks if you are not only a citizen but also currently resident...I live and work in Canada right now).

I have always been told that you cannot extend a PGWP and you are out of luck. After reading all this and the BOWP, I had some hopes to go on implied status. Even listening to CIC call center message, it clearly states that if you apply for an OWP, and as long as your current work permit is valid, you can continue to work under the existing work permit until a decision is made. That may give me a month or two extra that I need.

Thoughts and any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

:)

cecapp14

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Hi all,

one question I can't find answer in the thread (maybe is hidden somewhere...).

On the form IMM5710 at section Background Information, question 2, item c) "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?"

I am going to answer yes and say in the box "Applied as Permanent Resident". Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
cecapp14 said:
Hi all,

one question I can't find answer in the thread (maybe is hidden somewhere...).

On the form IMM5710 at section Background Information, question 2, item c) "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?"

I am going to answer yes and say in the box "Applied as Permanent Resident". Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!
Say yes and provide your Visa details

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
My original BOWP was for 4 months instead of 12 due to my passport expiry.. now i got my passport renewed and am going to apply for bowp extension... can i also apply for SOWP simultaneously? The issue is that im in Canada but my spouse is in Pakistan.. any suggestions?
Thats really informative, thanks my passport is expiring too in Jan 2016. And I will apply for BOWP in march so what should I do ? (Your Suggestion Please).

Should I renew my passport first then apply for BOWP (Because then I will got for only 9 or 10 Months). ?

And another question I think when we got new passport so we have to let CIC know as well new information about passport is it right ???

Please Advise all.

Response appreciated.

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hi, i need some help!

I am filling out the application for BOWP. I am on open work permit and employed full time right now.

What should i do in the section for "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA"? They are asking in that section labour market opinion number, what my duties will be, until when i am intending to work there. All that sounds complicated for my situation.

What should i do???

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
mjaffer53 said:
Hi, i need some help!

I am filling out the application for BOWP. I am on open work permit and employed full time right now.

What should i do in the section for "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA"? They are asking in that section labour market opinion number, what my duties will be, until when i am intending to work there. All that sounds complicated for my situation.

What should i do???

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
mjaffer53 said:
Hi, i need some help!

What should i do???
Don't provide any details if you are applying for open work permit

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
yes but im applying online and i cant leave anything blank otherwise the document wont be validated