+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
We are typical in everything, I guess you applied end of May like me and made PCC end of Feb 2020 and they extend your medical Dec 13 or around ... if yes then we are same
I applied on May 23d,2019
They haven't asked for PCC (I submitted my Police certificate with an application for PR, and they haven't asked for a new one)
Dec 16th Medical passed (I don't know if the extended, but I was asked to do medical for a Work Permit extension in October)
Dec 17th Additional Documents provided (CV)
So yeah we are more or less in the same boat. Let's stay in touch :) I hope both of us will get good news shortly :)

Reactions: Mahm1984

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello All, got an AIP/Eligibility letter with biometrics letters for my overseas dependents.
June 2019 applicants. started another phase of waiting for the CORP. good lock for all applicants :)
I am also June 2019 applicant. Received AIP on December 10, 2020. Received biometric fee payment letter for overseas dependent few days ago. Is that what you got? They requested for the fee to be paid or they asked your dependent to get their fingerprints?

zainghazi

Sep 4, 2019
London On
I am also June 2019 applicant. Received AIP on December 10, 2020. Received biometric fee payment letter for overseas dependent few days ago. Is that what you got? They requested for the fee to be paid or they asked your dependent to get their fingerprints?
No, it is not a biometric fee letter, it is a Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL). because I've paid when I submitted my PR application..

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Got Aproval and COPR # in the GCkey,no pdf. Whats the next thing to apply for the first PR Card?
Congratulations!! the same happened to me and I got the CoPR document the next day via email. Wait until you receive the email with your CoPR document and print out a copy of it and mail it along with 1 photo. The specifications of the photo and the address will be included in the document.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Quick question how long is pr normally valid for. I thought it was normally 5 years. Mine is for 4 years. is that normal?
Hmm From what I’ve heard I thought it was 5 years too... but since yours said 4 years, my best guess is that CoPR is valid for 1 year + PR card is valid for 4 years = 5 years of permanent residency...

Reactions: Yuki.03 and Fadros

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Reactions: Yuki.03

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
No, it is not a biometric fee letter, it is a Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL). because I've paid when I submitted my PR application..
Thanks. I started following you. Seems we are much the same. I applied on Jun 27 2019 and you have applied on June 28, 2019. So far my timeline is:
Applied on June 27 2019.
AOR on November 08 2019
AIP on December 10, 2020
Overseas dep. biometric fee req. January 14 2021
Medical received on Jan 14 2021

Reactions: M.Z and Fadros

jhoan2134

Jul 3, 2019
Hello Everybody. I hope you guys are good

I got my notice of the decision in feb-2020 I sent my PR package in march just before the pandemic starts.
I have not received the AOR yet. I will move in the next month and I don't have any idea how can I change my address.
When I trying to change it they are asking me to provide the Application number and how I have not received the AOR I don't have it.

Somebody here sent the PR in 2020 Thanks!

Reactions: Abtols

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
congratulations,

couple days or hours, you will get additional letter on your account or email from Immigration about your Corp, just be patient.
Hey brother long time no see, what happened to your case, did you receive COPR? Whts the status of ur dependents ?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
according to my gcsm notes , medical passed April 27 2020 and now today I got an update that says medical passed on gckey with today’s date? Is that a good thing ? Also I never did a medical when I applied and they never asked me.
May 7th applicant 2019
It seems they extended your medical , if so sure it's a good thing

Reactions: Help2

Ikemlaw

May 11, 2020
My husband withdrew his refugee claim and now wants to get his international passport back from immigration. Please can anyone advise on the process to do this and how long does it take?

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Have been waiting for so long and no news whatsoever. It's as if they are not working anymore. Here's my timeline. No correspondence since October 2019. They haven't even updated my account after submitting my PC.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 14, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I also order the GCMS notes and they still haven't started eligibility or security. The only thing that is being processed now is criminality. What makes matters worse is that all steps have a due date of June 2020. I know a lot of you will say it is a matter of luck and it's normal but I am just venting and sharing my frustration.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Have been waiting for so long and no news whatsoever. It's as if they are not working anymore. Here's my timeline. No correspondence since October 2019. They haven't even updated my account after submitting my PC.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 14, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I also order the GCMS notes and they still haven't started eligibility or security. The only thing that is being processed now is criminality. What makes matters worse is that all steps have a due date of June 2020. I know a lot of you will say it is a matter of luck and it's normal but I am just venting and sharing my frustration.
I think, everyone understands you :( But as I was told it can happen just in a one single day - you will just receive DM or COPR without previous update. I'm sure that you are verrrrrry closeeee

Reactions: Adamdear and Fadros