+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

WeeHippieElf

Jul 20, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2015
Doc's Request.
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 13-11-2015!!!
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 09-01-2016!!!!!
LANDED..........
21-05-2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HannahMac2 said:
Hi this is HannahMac. I have been unable to post because "I made a post 30 seconds ago from the same IP"?

Anyways, I have been waiting for COPR for just over 7 weeks. I already tried making a Case Specific Enquiry, but they never replied to that.

I emailed LVO yesterday, and within 12 hours they replied and have told me that they mailed it to me on the 28th of January and it will take two weeks to get here.
did they give you a tracking number for the letter? can you contact your post office?

HannahMac

Jul 28, 2015
WeeHippieElf said:
did they give you a tracking number for the letter? can you contact your post office?
No tracking number, and I wasn't aware I could contact the post office. I will have to try and see if they have a letter for me...

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
HannahMac2 said:
Hi this is HannahMac. I have been unable to post because "I made a post 30 seconds ago from the same IP"?

Anyways, I have been waiting for COPR for just over 7 weeks. I already tried making a Case Specific Enquiry, but they never replied to that.

I emailed LVO yesterday, and within 12 hours they replied and have told me that they mailed it to me on the 28th of January and it will take two weeks to get here.
Been waiting for 8 weeks, what was the email you used? Thanks I've tried with my MP, from the site and the immigration email marked as urgent and still heard nothing. Thanks

muffintop

Feb 9, 2016
HannahMac2 said:

That's interesting, I have also been waiting 7-8 weeks for my COPR and have been worrying about why it's taking so long!

I emailed LVO also, but haven't had a reply as of yet.

HannahMac

Jul 28, 2015
Chachacha said:
Been waiting for 8 weeks, what was the email you used? Thanks I've tried with my MP, from the site and the immigration email marked as urgent and still heard nothing. Thanks
muffintop said:
That's interesting, I have also been waiting 7-8 weeks for my COPR and have been worrying about why it's taking so long!

I emailed LVO also, but haven't had a reply as of yet.
This is the email I sent.

Dear Sir/Madam

Decision Made appeared on ECAS on the 21st of December 2015. I have been waiting 7 weeks for the COPR to arrive. The CIC website says to wait up to 6 weeks for delivery.

Please can you give an update.

I am the principal applicant and my name is (My name), my file number is F########

My husband (His name) is the sponsor and his UCI number is ########

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

HannahMac

The subject line was "URGENT Waiting for COPR for 7 weeks."

and I sent it to london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

saragunn

May 19, 2015
We got a DM!!!!! :D so excited it's actually happening!!

Now we have to send off some photos and papers and we are on our way! would not have made it through this process without this forum and especially this thread.

For the spreadsheet, DM was received on feb 9th.

One last question.. for the COPR I need to send off 2 photos, 1 of them having name, DOB and photographers information on the back. Seems pretty straight forward, but the lady doing my photos stamped and dated both photos and since little things like that might delay or screw things up Im wondering if anyone else has had information on the back of both photos? do they want space to write on on the other photo? Should I go back and get them to re-do it?

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
saragunn said:

Now we have to send off some photos and papers and we are on our way! would not have made it through this process without this forum and especially this thread.

One last question.. for the COPR I need to send off 2 photos, 1 of them having name, DOB and photographers information on the back. Seems pretty straight forward, but the lady doing my photos stamped and dated both photos and since little things like that might delay or screw things up Im wondering if anyone else has had information on the back of both photos? do they want space to write on on the other photo? Should I go back and get them to re-do it?
We checked our ecase, which shows DM since yesterday, but no fourth line or any email received yet. Can you tell us..? When did you receive the Email after DM?

saragunn

May 19, 2015
ipoo said:
We checked our ecase, which shows DM since yesterday, but no fourth line or any email received yet. Can you tell us..? When did you receive the Email after DM?
I got an email telling me to send the stuff needed for the COPR (to finalise the application), but I actually never logged in to double check my status (it was clear instructions for getting the COPR). Now, since you asked i logged in to ECAS (just to double check) and the status still says In process...? it hasn't been updated at all. But I definitely think we have a DM cause the email says:

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa...." then it goes on with the instructions for visa countries vs visa exempt countries and where to send everything and all that...

oh god..did I jump the gun on the celebrations? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

ipoo, sorry i couldn't be of more help. Is there any way they could be mailing you to inform about their decision? I think I have read somewhere that some people get it in the mail, im not sure though! I read so much in here i could be getting things mixed up.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
saragunn said:
I got an email telling me to send the stuff needed for the COPR (to finalise the application), but I actually never logged in to double check my status (it was clear instructions for getting the COPR). Now, since you asked i logged in to ECAS (just to double check) and the status still says In process...? it hasn't been updated at all. But I definitely think we have a DM cause the email says:

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa...." then it goes on with the instructions for visa countries vs visa exempt countries and where to send everything and all that...

oh god..did I jump the gun on the celebrations? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

ipoo, sorry i couldn't be of more help. Is there any way they could be mailing you to inform about their decision? I think I have read somewhere that some people get it in the mail, im not sure though! I read so much in here i could be getting things mixed up.
Thanks for your nice reply. May be we get a post, or may be we might receive an email. Seen some guys receiving an email for DM, and some receive through the Post. Ah so for us, its a good news that we have a Decision Made in the Ecase.

beckybrit

Aug 17, 2015
saragunn said:

Congratulations!! Knew you would be next :) You didn't jump the gun. Some people's status changes on ecas, but I have seen others that didn't. I received the exact same email as you :) my photographer lady also stamped both of my pictures. I took the tracking number for the prepaid envelope I had to send (as I am in Canada) and can see online that something is currently on its way back to me in my prepaid envelope. Hopefully it's my COPR!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
.Both of my photos were stamped etc by the photographer. It didn't make any difference and I received my COPR back within 10 days.

saragunn

May 19, 2015
beckybrit said:
Congratulations!! Knew you would be next :) You didn't jump the gun. Some people's status changes on ecas, but I have seen others that didn't. I received the exact same email as you :) my photographer lady also stamped both of my pictures. I took the tracking number for the prepaid envelope I had to send (as I am in Canada) and can see online that something is currently on its way back to me in my prepaid envelope. Hopefully it's my COPR!
Taddy said:
.Both of my photos were stamped etc by the photographer. It didn't make any difference and I received my COPR back within 10 days.
Oh what a relief!! on both the photos and the ecas thing, thanks becky and taddy! :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
saragunn said:

ipoo said:
As others have said, stamps don't matter. :)

As for where you get DM, it actually just depends on the officer. Some send an email and don't update ECAS right away. Others update ECAS right away because the decision has been made and just needs the photos for the paperwork to be issued. That's why the spreadsheet tracks DM on ECAS *OR* request for photos, as they only request photos when they are ready to issue COPR... we consider either ECAS changing to DM or a request for photos as the same result - that's the point where the decision has been made. :)

Celebrate away! Spreadsheet updated for both of you. :) Don't forget to post back when your COPR arrives so we can fill in that last box.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
My ecas didn't update to DM until the following Tuesday. It never showed a 4th line either.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Taddy said:
My ecas didn't update to DM until the following Tuesday. It never showed a 4th line either.
When we applied (back in 2012) we had COPR delivered 4 full days before ECAS changed to DM! :D