+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16
Is LVO really focusing more on syrian refugee cases nowadays? I am tempted to order notes but I'm afraid they haven't started anything as far as our application is concerned.

saragunn

May 19, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
As others have said, stamps don't matter. :)

As for where you get DM, it actually just depends on the officer. Some send an email and don't update ECAS right away. Others update ECAS right away because the decision has been made and just needs the photos for the paperwork to be issued. That's why the spreadsheet tracks DM on ECAS *OR* request for photos, as they only request photos when they are ready to issue COPR... we consider either ECAS changing to DM or a request for photos as the same result - that's the point where the decision has been made. :)

Celebrate away! Spreadsheet updated for both of you. :) Don't forget to post back when your COPR arrives so we can fill in that last box.
Oooh ok that makes sense now, back to celebration it is! :) thanks to all of you confirming as well!

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Celebrate away! Spreadsheet updated for both of you. :) Don't forget to post back when your COPR arrives so we can fill in that last box.
Hi SchnookoLoly - I posted about receiving my COPR earlier, but the post must've gotten lost among others as I don't see the update on the spreadsheet. I received my COPR on January 27th. LVO had initially sent it out on December 14th, before I even got DM, but used an address I haven't lived in for over 2 years. They resent it to the correct address about a month later, after they finally had responded to one of my emails.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
snowy2015 said:
Is LVO really focusing more on syrian refugee cases nowadays? I am tempted to order notes but I'm afraid they haven't started anything as far as our application is concerned.
No idea where you got that idea. There probably is some extra work because of the refugees, but since October processing times have gone down - they used to be at an average of 11-12 months, and it's down around 9ish months more recently.

Don't bother ordering your notes right now. You only applied in October, it's only been 4 months. Again, average is about 9. Its only been in London for about 6 weeks anyway, and things do tend to slow down a bit in December/January - December because of the holidays, and generally busy in January because other streams open up (like the ones with annual caps, IEC, and so on). So I think ordering your notes is useless at this point. If you haven't heard anything around June then you can try ordering, but for now it would just be a waste of time and unnecessary stress. Sit tight.

elokuu said:
Hi SchnookoLoly - I posted about receiving my COPR earlier, but the post must've gotten lost among others as I don't see the update on the spreadsheet. I received my COPR on January 27th. LVO had initially sent it out on December 14th, before I even got DM, but used an address I haven't lived in for over 2 years. They resent it to the correct address about a month later, after they finally had responded to one of my emails.
Whoops, yes I did miss this, sorry! This thread moves so quickly that it's hard to keep up and often posts are missed - it happens easily! Thanks for pointing out the oversight, I've updated your line now. Happy landing! :)

beckybrit

Aug 17, 2015
COPR arrived today! My passport scan and pictures only arrived in Ottawa on Thursday and 6 days later I have my COPR! Crazy fast. Heading to the border this weekend :) so incredibly happy

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Congratulations!

I hope you're not planning on travelling overseas other than by car for the next few months - I've been waiting 10 weeks for my PR card so far. There's a thread about that too.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t162351.6750.html;topicseen

shekoofeh

May 15, 2015
I done my interview yesterday in lvo and at the end of intErview my visa officer confirmed that she is safisfy about our relationship. Just ask me to re do medical and police certificate as both were out of validity. She was such a good girl and said my file will be closed very soon :p.

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
So. . .

We recieved DM on 21st December and I've done everything in my power to find out where my COPR is as I still haven't recieved it. Finally got this useless reply . . What does this mean?

'Please be advised that CPC-Mississauga is currently unable to link your RPRF payment to your London permanent residence application. This matter is currently under review and you will be contacted again once this issue has been resolved'

I'm in complete limbo

saragunn

May 19, 2015
beckybrit said:
COPR arrived today! My passport scan and pictures only arrived in Ottawa on Thursday and 6 days later I have my COPR! Crazy fast. Heading to the border this weekend :) so incredibly happy
Wooow, that is fast! good for you! congratulations, you made it!!! :D

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
beckybrit said:
Spreadsheet updated, congratulations!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Chachacha said:
So. . .

We recieved DM on 21st December and I've done everything in my power to find out where my COPR is as I still haven't recieved it. Finally got this useless reply . . What does this mean?

'Please be advised that CPC-Mississauga is currently unable to link your RPRF payment to your London permanent residence application. This matter is currently under review and you will be contacted again once this issue has been resolved'

I'm in complete limbo

It sounds like they think the receipt you sent isn't to do with your PR application. (I did similar - mistakenly sent the receipt for my PR application with my son's citizenship certificate application.)
Maybe you need to do their job for them and reply with another copy of your RPRF reciept.

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
But they called my bank who confirmed is paid, then changed me to decision made. I've also sent two copies of my receipt now. My job offer expires on Monday and have already extended the offer.

I seriously want to cry!!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Oh Jeez, I'm not surprised! Unbelievable levels of incompetence :(

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
My MP has not even had a response. It's just crazy how they can leave me in limbo like this . . .

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Sorry to be another person banging on about PR cards and travelling back to Canada.

Just wanted to check something. I assume that if you were to fly in to Canada before March 15th (when ETA comes in to effect) you would not need anything other than your British passport to board a flight?

I am like so many waiting for my PR card and in the air travel limbo because of the new ETA thing combined with not having PR card. I am now thinking to avoid this of travelling before March 15th. I could of course go via the states and drive up but the return flight from Seattle is much more expensive!

Has anyone who has recently got PR (and waiting for their card) tried to get an ETA online anyway to see if you could get it?

Thanks in advance.
CC