+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
princesstigger said:
you need to understand the difference between outland and inland and understand which one you applied under!

If you are 'Inland' It will make a difference to processing times and if you can apply for a work permit or not (although shouldn't your Father in law be able to help?)

If you do a bit of reading up on the excellent spousal sponsorship FAQ (the link is in Andrew-brits signature) you will find the answer to a lot of your questions. :)
Yes I'm in it now. You're right - apologies.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
kettle said:
Spouse received his PR card in the mail Friday.

98 days from landing to receipt for anyone who is curious. :)
Hooray, last piece of the puzzle done :D

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Mizabelle said:
Hiii,
Does anyone know how long a UK police certificate is valid for? Just been asked for a new one!
Thanks
Direct from the guide:

The guide said:
The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application
Can you post your full timeline so we can add you to the spreadsheet? To do so please provide the following:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
sunsunsunsunsunsun said:
Hey everyone. Our application just changed to DECISION MADE. We have not received any further correspondence yet..
Congrats. All the best with landing.

Mizabelle

Sep 8, 2015
Andrew, you're too quick for me, I just finished modifying my previous post. Only thing to add is current city is London UK. My husband is British so I guess that is visa exempt?? Thanks!

I'm quite sure our original police certificate submitted was within the 3 month time frame.. It's a bit of a pain now because they said it could take up to 4 months for them to contact us again. *Sigh*

Sar03

Feb 17, 2015
I (the sponsor) received the original documents from the CIC, today. I am assuming that is a progress towards 'Decision Made' and a positive decision as well since we were not requested any additional documents since the file transfer to LVO.

squall_liam

Aug 19, 2015
Since we're on the subject, if none of you lovely people mind, I'd like to also explain my own situation.

I am from England, my wife is Canadian. Currently in Canada on a tourist visa but that expires in six days. I just applied to extend my tourist visa. We have been gathering documents and getting everything prepared to send off for an Inland application. Now, a part of me feels Outland would be better for those same reasons as everybody else. I will be missing some of my best friends getting married next year, and another set of friends getting married in Jamaica the year after. However, my wife is pregnant and will not be working after October. We have savings to pay rent for around a year realistically, but the option to work would be nice. But it's going to take about four to six months to get that permit. How much longer would I have to wait if we were to send off for an outland application for the ability to work? And then I will be there for the beginnings of my child's life and still get to go to weddings. But then what if the savings disappear? It's a tricky one, and I wish life wasn't so complicated. The whole process is stressing us out. Also, if we send off the open work permit and my residency application at once, I will be allowed to stay on implied status, correct? My fear is, what if they refuse my request to extend my visitor's visa? We're nearly ready to send off for inland, and I know this way is a guarantee I can stay on implied status thanks to the OWP, but outland seems so much quicker. Plus, my passport expires August 2017, meaning my work permit will expire then also..

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
hi Andrew , please can you update my spreadsheet . i dont know how to do it . my status is in process since 7 august . i have done my medicals 20 august .and in the sponsor approval letter they asked me to do the medicals. also i am non visa exempt country . i am syrian natunality , but i have PR in Sweden . its been one and a half year i live here . thank you.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Telia said:
hi Andrew , please can you update my spreadsheet . i dont know how to do it . my status is in process since 7 august . i have done my medicals 20 august .and in the sponsor approval letter they asked me to do the medicals. also i am non visa exempt country . i am syrian natunality , but i have PR in Sweden . its been one and a half year i live here . thank you.

Andrew will add you . Its not an open do it yourself spreadsheet . Did you apply married /commonlaw and which is your nearest city . Also did your application go to London Ottawa or Mississauga ?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Telia said:
To be added I need the following info:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
thanks taffy7 . and Andrew , i am on the spreadsheet . but these need to be added

in process since 7 august
medicals done 20 august
non visa exempt country
Syrian citizen
thank you agian

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Telia said:
thanks taffy7 . and Andrew , i am on the spreadsheet . but these need to be added

in process since 7 august
medicals done 20 august
non visa exempt country
Syrian citizen
thank you agian
Ah okay gotcha, spreadsheet updated.

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
Thank you Andrew Brit

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
squall_liam said:
Since we're on the subject, if none of you lovely people mind, I'd like to also explain my own situation.

I am from England, my wife is Canadian. Currently in Canada on a tourist visa but that expires in six days. I just applied to extend my tourist visa. We have been gathering documents and getting everything prepared to send off for an Inland application. Now, a part of me feels Outland would be better for those same reasons as everybody else. I will be missing some of my best friends getting married next year, and another set of friends getting married in Jamaica the year after. However, my wife is pregnant and will not be working after October. We have savings to pay rent for around a year realistically, but the option to work would be nice. But it's going to take about four to six months to get that permit. How much longer would I have to wait if we were to send off for an outland application for the ability to work? And then I will be there for the beginnings of my child's life and still get to go to weddings. But then what if the savings disappear? It's a tricky one, and I wish life wasn't so complicated. The whole process is stressing us out. Also, if we send off the open work permit and my residency application at once, I will be allowed to stay on implied status, correct? My fear is, what if they refuse my request to extend my visitor's visa? We're nearly ready to send off for inland, and I know this way is a guarantee I can stay on implied status thanks to the OWP, but outland seems so much quicker. Plus, my passport expires August 2017, meaning my work permit will expire then also..
I would read this explaining the differences between Outland and Inland,

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada

Ultimately it's your call no one can advise what is for the best. Most people choose outland as it's generally quicker, you can leave canada without the worry of your application being cancelled if you don't get re-entry for any reason, and you have the right to appeal if your application is refused, unlike Inland.

You mention working, Inland currently offers the pilot project for a work permit, explained in the link above.

How much longer would I have to wait if we were to send off for an outland application for the ability to work?

You would have to wait until you get your PR, there is no work permit pilot scheme with outland applications.

Also, if we send off the open work permit and my residency application at once, I will be allowed to stay on implied status, correct? My fear is, what if they refuse my request to extend my visitor's visa?
you will be on implied status in 6 days when your visitor visa expires, until you get a decision regarding the extension. If for some reason this was refused and you are out of status before CIC receive your inland PR application, I believe you would not be eligible for the work permit as you have to have a 'status' visitor or implied to qualify. (open for correction)

Just a point to note... Outland requires a whole different set of forms, so you would need extra time to go through that all again.

Hope that helps, good luck

albertalife

Jul 25, 2015
Hey everyone, tiny update. I was well over the processing times for SA so I rang today and they told me that it was approved sep 1st. They can't see anything in the system about a letter or email being sent out so if we still haven't had an update on ECAS or received a letter/email by the sep 18th then we have to call again.