+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
kks1234 said:
My SA letter never turned up to either myself or the PA so we contacted the call centre and they forwarded me a copy of the letter to my email on the same day. So maybe if you don't receive it soon try them again.
Thank you!

I did ask them if they can do so, but I was told that the letter has not yet been generated. They are generating letter for March 03, 1025 applications and mine will be generated accordingly :). I will give them a call on next next week, if I do not hear anything. I need to wait for 63 days before I ask such request, I guess.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
PhdStream said:
Hi guys,

I just saw a message in my ecas today .. Under sponsorship it says "Decision Made" with a new line "We sent you a letter on May 5, 2015 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

I thought they will send me an email, but it says I will receive in mail.

Problem is I just moved to a new address, I did update my address online but it not worked (changed on April 3, 2015 and online shows my old address). Not sure if the mail will be delivered at my old place or my current one. Bit confuse about what to do.. any idea how can I solve?
I had the same update on ecas last month and about ten days later I got an email with the letter as an attachment. If you provided an email address (and got AOR via email) then you will likely get As letter to same email address in a week or so.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mgrandolini said:
Not sure if anyone can answer this but in regards to cic requesting your passport....at what stage is this done and how long do you have to submit it? We got sa last week and file has gone to ottawa so thinking its at least 7 months wait or? We are planning a holiday and I don't want to mess things up :-X
Your partner is visa-exempt, so they won't request his passport. At the most, they might request a photocopy.

RKevin said:
Plus CL and not even married.
CIC doesn't treat common-law as less than married, so "not even married" is a completely pointless statement, not to mention somewhat offensive to common-law couples.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
NVJ said:
I had the same update on ecas last month and about ten days later I got an email with the letter as an attachment. If you provided an email address (and got AOR via email) then you will likely get As letter to same email address in a week or so.

Thank you!

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Your partner is visa-exempt, so they won't request his passport. At the most, they might request a photocopy.

CIC doesn't treat common-law as less than married, so "not even married" is a completely pointless statement, not to mention somewhat offensive to common-law couples.
Its somewhat to very offensive. :)

But there you go.

RKevin

May 6, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Though i'm sure if they did treat married couples with more priority than common law it would have been a valid point, right? There are reasons why people get MARRIED it shows COMMITMENT and TRUST. So in my opinion I would treat married couples with more priority.

No point going on, the statement was not to offend anyone, but just for the record, I was in a common law myself prior to getting married! So yes I do believe it is a valid statement.

Peace out.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
RKevin said:
Though i'm sure if they did treat married couples with more priority than common law it would have been a valid point, right? There are reasons why people get MARRIED it shows COMMITMENT and TRUST. So in my opinion I would treat married couples with more priority.

No point going on, the statement was not to offend anyone, but just for the record, I was in a common law myself prior to getting married! So yes I do believe it is a valid statement.

Peace out.
I'm not sure if you are just trying to create trouble or if you are really that ignorant. All I can say is it's a very good job that 'your opinion' has absolutely no bearing on how CIC prioritise spousal applications. I am very glad that CIC are enlightened enough to treat everyone equally. What about couples that are unable to get married, same sex couples for example, from countries where they can be thrown in prison or worse just for being in love.

Kindly keep your 'opinions' to yourself, don't judge others and we won't judge you. Peace out

RKevin

May 6, 2015
princesstigger said:
I'm not sure if you are just trying to create trouble or if you are really that ignorant. All I can say is it's a very good job that 'your opinion' has absolutely no bearing on how CIC prioritise spousal applications. I am very glad that CIC are enlightened enough to treat everyone equally. What about couples that are unable to get married, same sex couples for example, from countries where they can be thrown in prison or worse just for being in love.

Kindly keep your 'opinions' to yourself, don't judge others and we won't judge you. Peace out
Oh my word. If you had been following my post in regards to common law vs married was for Poggyb's situation. It was a question, I was hoping to understand this individuals situation i.e. is it unique, are there reasons why Poggy's got sent to Mississauga etc. I was not questioning people who are unable to get married or same sex couples, all are entitled to their own lives and how they choose to live it. I do not for one second despise those who are gay, lesbian or in any other relationship. I still stand by my opinion in regards to marriage vs common law and who should get priority. But I think you choose to be ignorant if you believe there are equal laws in all provinces in regards to married couples and common law couples - not everyone gets equal treatment across the board. Fact.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
RKevin said:

Yeah, because my 6 year common-law relationship that has moved across 3 continents, has a joint mortgage and a cat doesn't show commitment or trust. Yup, anyone with a little piece of paper saying "Married" certainly has a more valid relationship than I do and deserves priority processing....

You do realize that CIC processes many apps from those with arranged marriages? Most of these couples spend a mere few weeks together in person for the marriage before the sponsor returns to Canada. Do you honestly believe that they should receive priority processing over common-law couples that have been together for years?

poggyb

Apr 20, 2015
RKevin said:
Oh my word. If you had been following my post in regards to common law vs married was for Poggyb's situation. It was a question, I was hoping to understand this individuals situation i.e. is it unique, are there reasons why Poggy's got sent to Mississauga etc. I was not questioning people who are unable to get married or same sex couples, all are entitled to their own lives and how they choose to live it. I do not for one second despise those who are gay, lesbian or in any other relationship. I still stand by my opinion in regards to marriage vs common law and who should get priority. But I think you choose to be ignorant if you believe there are equal laws in all provinces in regards to married couples and common law couples - not everyone gets equal treatment across the board. Fact.
Just going to wade into this seeing as I've been mentioned specifically... As you've now been told by many people there doesn't seem to be a correlation between adresses and processing centres, and my answer follows that pattern. I was living in Canada when we submitted but moved back to the UK prior to recieving sponsor approval so CIC knew I was based in the UK before any processing centre was selected. As for why we hit the Mississauga jackpot, I don't know. It may be that our application was very straight foward and I was lucky enough to be working in a law firm at the time and a friend of mine advised me on how to arrange the application so the immigration officer would have an easy read. It's more likely pure dumb luck.

As for the common law comments, I'm sure it comes from a place of frustration but this forum is supposed to be for support not for belittling other peoples relationships and the paths they choose. Me and my partner have been together for a long time and never married simply because we don't agree with marriage (our reasons are our own), and I'll be forever grateful that Canada's immigration folk are progressive enough to realise it doesn't mean we're not committed and should be pushed to the back of the queue. I don't agree with marriage but I wouldn't ever question your right to do it, just as you shouldn't question the validity of common law relationships.

Anyway, I read all of these posts thinking 'I'm not going to get into this' and then I went and did just that. Oh well.
Good luck everyone, fingers crossed for all of you!

RKevin

May 6, 2015
poggyb said:
It may be that our application was very straight foward and I was lucky enough to be working in a law firm at the time and a friend of mine advised me on how to arrange the application so the immigration officer would have an easy read. It's more likely pure dumb luck.

As for the common law comments, I'm sure it comes from a place of frustration but this forum is supposed to be for support not for belittling other peoples relationships and the paths they choose. Me and my partner have been together for a long time and never married simply because we don't agree with marriage (our reasons are our own), and I'll be forever grateful that Canada's immigration folk are progressive enough to realise it doesn't mean we're not committed and should be pushed to the back of the queue. I don't agree with marriage but I wouldn't ever question your right to do it, just as you shouldn't question the validity of common law relationships.

Anyway, I read all of these posts thinking 'I'm not going to get into this' and then I went and did just that. Oh well.
Good luck everyone, fingers crossed for all of you!
Thanks for your views. I do feel targeted for having opinions of my own, everyone has the right to their own opinions. And that's okay you felt to go ahead and wade in with your views too. I'm happy for you to have to got it processed in Canada. All the best.

canuck_in_uk said:
You do realize that CIC processes many apps from those with arranged marriages? Most of these couples spend a mere few weeks together in person for the marriage before the sponsor returns to Canada. Do you honestly believe that they should receive priority processing over common-law couples that have been together for years?
And that's exactly my point. Every individuals situation and applications are all different! And yes, i do believe commom law couples who have been together longer should get more priority than those who have just got married recently. I'm sure CIC can spot arranged marriages, beats me, I have no idea how people can have arranged marriages. I guess i'm going to hear it now how dare I have views about arranged marriage couples, my word. Anyway, to support us all, I believe a bit more statistical data may help to identify those who are kept in Canada and ones that are not. E.g. Years/months of relationship etc..

RKevin

May 6, 2015
princesstigger said:

Oh and one more thing. You might be glad that CIC are enlightened to enough to treat CL and M equally. But what exactly is happening to those applications that are blatantly sent to random offices, just because the officer in charge has the power to do so? Well think about that for a little bit im terms of equal treatment. There must be a reason. Hence why we need to find out a little bit more universal stats about every individuals situation.

RKevin

May 6, 2015
God I could rant on forever. One last thing, how many times do we see officers at the border having power of giving people a hard time over entry into the country. This exists everywhere in the world. White officers discriminating and targeting the opposite color, even black officers sometimes I will admit i've seen against those white folks and lastly those asians who give a hard time maybe in return for how they have got treated in the past. No one ever gets equal treatment, i'm sorry. Until all that nonsense is routed out of this world then we will know equal treatment. We maybe getting a little too deep but stats like e.g. Place of birth, nationality, years/months married in relationship. Etc. anyway good luck everyone.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
I need some help for someone else. They applied inland in Sept 2013 received SA Oct 2013 and the letter in the SA confirmation said it was forwarded to London.

Now i'm not an inland applicant so i can't be sure but i didn't think inland went" outside of Canada".

He keeps emailing London and they have told him not to email again. He got his MP involved and they also said his file is in London.

CIC emailed him and asked if he has left Canada since arriving in Aug 2013 because he wil have to have another medical

Now he did his medical upfront too.

So my head is so confused. I'm thinking he applied using the outland forms but thought he was applying inland but then it wouldn't take from Sept 2013 to process , then i thought someone has screwed up here and they have sent his file to London thinking it was an outland.

I'm really trying to help this guy but i don't know what to say anymore. I told him to join the forum and get on this thread ,as i love you guys and trust you . I also told him to request his notes but he didn't know what they were either.

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
taffy7 said:
I need some help for someone else. They applied inland in Sept 2013 received SA Oct 2013 and the letter in the SA confirmation said it was forwarded to London.

Now i'm not an inland applicant so i can't be sure but i didn't think inland went" outside of Canada".

He keeps emailing London and they have told him not to email again. He got his MP involved and they also said his file is in London.

CIC emailed him and asked if he has left Canada since arriving in Aug 2013 because he wil have to have another medical

Now he did his medical upfront too.

So my head is so confused. I'm thinking he applied using the outland forms but thought he was applying inland but then it wouldn't take from Sept 2013 to process , then i thought someone has screwed up here and they have sent his file to London thinking it was an outland.

I'm really trying to help this guy but i don't know what to say anymore. I told him to join the forum and get on this thread ,as i love you guys and trust you . I also told him to request his notes but he didn't know what they were either.
He definitely needs to order his notes to see where he stands. Hopefully he kept a copy of his application, so he can go through it an be sure he sent the correct forms. Between what his notes says and if he submitted the correct forms there is enought information to get the MP involved in a productive way with CIC. Such a shame hope he can get it sorted.