+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
Small update: ECAS -finally- updated to We started processing the application on August 7, 2014. Which is the first and only update that we have ever received since we applied (outside of medical results) but it's a start.

Here's hoping they have decided to waive the police check!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianInUK said:
We plan on going in January but I don't anticipate having my husband's PR then...am interested in what others have said when they entered Canada in this situation.
We came to Canada about halfway through the process. We pretty much said we were moving at that point and would only be leaving if my partner's app wasn't approved. As advised above, "moving" is not the best thing to say; just use the word "visiting". The border officer checked the system to see we had a PR app processing, asked how much money we had (didn't ask for proof), told my partner not to work until he was a PR and that was it. I had bought a separate fully refundable one-way ticket in case they asked for proof that my partner would leave but the officer never asked.

Carry proof of funds showing that you guys can support yourselves without him being able to work. Assuming you are coming to Canada on one-way tickets and so don't have a ticket out of Canada, proof of funds will also double as proof that you can afford a plane ticket out of Canada if the application is refused. Most likely, the border officer won't ask for either.

Be relaxed and don't worry. CBSA sees this quite often and have no issues with it

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
For those of you that do not know, the spreadsheet for London is managed mostly by SchnookoLoly. And she is fantastic!

There is a new cover page on the spreadsheet that will help give a more current idea on processing times. It is based on the last 20 decision made. Also, a really cool graph showing how many decision made per month . Check it out!
If you have any issues please update here and I will be sure to pass it on.

And please join me in thanking her. Our spreadsheet is hands down the most organized and easy to understand and that is mostly thanks to SchnookoLoly

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
:$ *blush* Thanks Becki - appreciate your help massively with keeping it up to date too! :)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
For those of you that do not know, the spreadsheet for London is managed mostly by SchnookoLoly. And she is fantastic!

There is a new cover page on the spreadsheet that will help give a more current idea on processing times. It is based on the last 20 decision made. Also, a really cool graph showing how many decision made per month . Check it out!

And please join me in thanking her. Our spreadsheet is hands down the most organized and easy to understand and that is mostly thanks to SchnookoLoly
I noticed these changes earlier and it's fantastic really easy to read and gives really useful information

A BIG thank you to schnookoliy (that's really difficult to type LOL)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GWN86 said:
Small update: ECAS -finally- updated to We started processing the application on August 7, 2014.
wouldn't that mean your status has changed to "IN PROCESS"? if so, that is very good usually!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Chevy23 said:
I noticed these changes earlier and it's fantastic really easy to read and gives really useful information

A BIG thank you to schnookoliy (that's really difficult to type LOL)
Glad you like it! *thumbs up*

LOL on the typing... Schnooks is fine. :p

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Thanks, rhcohen and canuck_in_uk - very good advice!

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Becki567 said:

Thanks for all your hard work on this - it is such a great resource!

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
rhcohen2014 said:
wouldn't that mean your status has changed to "IN PROCESS"? if so, that is very good usually!
It does mean that :)

It's also the first time we've had anything added to ECAS since this started so it's an encouraging sign. Has anyone recorded the general length of time from that point (an IN Process update) to the finish?

His medicals expire during the first week or so of November and we would ideally love to land him when he gets in during Oct.

Also, yes SchnookoLoly you are amazing for keeping the spreedsheet up and thriving. I mean it is a very fantastic, useful and amazing tool to have when dealing with this stuff. It has helped me form a plan to get my smexy husband home :)

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Perhaps another silly question:

My wife is sponsoring me. I was under the impression that only the principal applicant needs to complete form 5669 (background/declaration) but now I see that it is also in the sponsor document checklist (although it is a bit clear about who needs to complete it). Does my wife have to complete the background check as well?

We are both living in Canada

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
PF said:
Perhaps another silly question:

My wife is sponsoring me. I was under the impression that only the principal applicant needs to complete form 5669 (background/declaration) but now I see that it is also in the sponsor document checklist (although it is a bit clear about who needs to complete it). Does my wife have to complete the background check as well?

We are both living in Canada
I don't see it on the SPONSOR document checklist, are you applying inland or outland?

The applicant definitely needs to complete it, although when I applied I got confused with this also and got my wife to fill it in as well... even if its not needed I suppose its better to be safe than sorry

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GWN86 said:
It does mean that :)

It's also the first time we've had anything added to ECAS since this started so it's an encouraging sign. Has anyone recorded the general length of time from that point (an IN Process update) to the finish?

His medicals expire during the first week or so of November and we would ideally love to land him when he gets in during Oct.
awesome, congrats! i'm sure it's different for each visa office. For ottawa, the "trend" is 2-4 weeks to go from IP to DM. I was able to calculate this by our spreadsheed, so assuming the same information is provided in the london spreadsheet, you'll be able to see what the "trend" is. My medicals also expire in Novemeber, and they were extended a few weeks on my COPR, so my expiration date for landing is past the anniversary of my medicals. I would imagine the same thing will happen in your case.

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
rhcohen2014 said:
awesome, congrats! i'm sure it's different for each visa office. For ottawa, the "trend" is 2-4 weeks to go from IP to DM. I was able to calculate this by our spreadsheed, so assuming the same information is provided in the london spreadsheet, you'll be able to see what the "trend" is. My medicals also expire in Novemeber, and they were extended a few weeks on my COPR, so my expiration date for landing is past the anniversary of my medicals. I would imagine the same thing will happen in your case.

Cheers, I suspected as much. Much thanks ^^