+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I am attempting to send a Case Specific Enquiry to the London Visa Office however the page does not load. I called CIC and they informed me to email the London Visa Office with the information I need to send them.

Does anyone know the email that I can contact them through? I've sent them an email before and they replied from the LDNIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca email but I do not know if I can send anything to them there.

Also, I've been reviewing the 2014 Spreadsheet and noticed that the applications that have been processed and accepted are all over the place. I mailed my application in February, Mississauga received it on Mar 6, 2014 and I was accepted as a sponsor April 3, 2014. Is there a "general" time that it will take for the application to get accepted?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sherif
I've been having the same trouble as I've been trying to update my address with them. I've tried sending an email to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca this morning so I'll let you know if I receive a reply!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
kateface said:
We finally got our sponsorship approval! Yey! Thank you for your calming input chevy23 ;)

Could somebody with the power please update the spreadsheet for us? AOR was August 8 2014 and sponsor approval was August 12 2014. Thank you!

Also, I have reached a rather frustrating hurdle...has anyone managed to log in on the application status check thing? There doesnt seem to be a Family Class option so I'm a little stumped!
That's great news congrats!!

If your talking about ECAS click this link and fill out your information, sometimes it can take about a week or so after SA before it lets you log in so don't worry to much

Use the UCI number and the sponsors info to log in OR the file number (begins with F) and the applicants info

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kateface said:
Also, I have reached a rather frustrating hurdle...has anyone managed to log in on the application status check thing? There doesnt seem to be a Family Class option so I'm a little stumped!
you have to choose SPONSORSHIP in the first drop down box, then from there keep choosing the appropriate category. I belive the next box is "sponsoring a spouse from outside canada".

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
just wondering if London sends out AOR for the applicant ,or do we just wait to hear from them with either additional documents required or the brown envelope .

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
taffy7 said:
just wondering if London sends out AOR for the applicant ,or do we just wait to hear from them with either additional documents required or the brown envelope .
London does not send AOR, unfortunately it is months and months of silence from London

But yes you will hear from them when they want something and if not then it will just be the brown envelope in the post!

I know ECAS is unreliable but check it occasionally because London did update mine that's how I kinda knew at what stage my application was at e.g. 'in process' and 'decision made'

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Sammyjolpp said:
Please update spreadsheet:

11 August - Email received asking for copy of data bio page from passport to be scanned and emailed over.
12 August - Email received asking for Right of Permanent Residence Fee
12 August - Right of Permanent Residence Fee paid online and receipt posted to Mississauga

Many Thanks!
You had a decision made without paying that fee? That's unusual.

All updates I saw are done on spreadsheet. If yours was not done please let me know.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
You had a decision made without paying that fee? That's unusual.

All updates I saw are done on spreadsheet. If yours was not done please let me know.
I thought that too!!

My Copr was dated on the 29th, the same date I emailed them and not on the 14th when I got decision made perhaps the way they do things is changing?!

I honestly wonder that if I didn't email them, would I have my copr?!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Chevy23 said:
London does not send AOR, unfortunately it is months and months of silence from London

But yes you will hear from them when they want something and if not then it will just be the brown envelope in the post!

I know ECAS is unreliable but check it occasionally because London did update mine that's how I kinda knew at what stage my application was at e.g. 'in process' and 'decision made'
Thanks Chevy. I have only been sponsored a week ago so can't sign on ecas right now . They have though sent our file to London. The VO told me over the phone when she called for some confirmation of dates.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Chevy23 said:
I thought that too!!

My Copr was dated on the 29th, the same date I emailed them and not on the 14th when I got decision made perhaps the way they do things is changing?!

What did you email them about? I want to light a fire somewhere, but need a reason to.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Hello

Some questions:

1. Background/Declaration section 9 - membership or association with organisations:

I am going to include professional associations through graduate school what about trade unions. As a grad student at mcmaster we paid union dues to CUPE - I'm presuming I should include this?

2. Personal history
I do not include travel that goes in a separate section? When dealing with travel I have number of US stamps but they were for layovers in airports- do I include these and list hours for duration?

Padraic

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Graihn said:
What did you email them about? I want to light a fire somewhere, but need a reason to.
I emailed them because my ECAS changed to DM and almost 3 weeks later I still hadn't heard anything

So I asked them to tell me what DM means or when I can expect to hear from them, after waiting for 2 days with no reply I ordered GCMS notes and an hour after ordering they replied to my email saying my COPR is on its way

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Chevy23 said:
I thought that too!!

Because we initially got the email about the passport and then when we sent that over we got a new email requesting the fee maybe they hadn't noticed up until that point.

I feel the same about the passport and fee - it was only once we received the reply to the email that we realised anything was amiss, up until then we had been in the dark for 4 weeks.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi All

I've read a few times that those waiting for PR have gone to Canada as visitors to continue their wait...I believe I have read that you simply change your address with CIC and they have no issue with it.

So at the border they don't hesitate to let you in when you have a PR case on going? Just wondering what we should say at the border in this instance?

We plan on going in January but I don't anticipate having my husband's PR then...am interested in what others have said when they entered Canada in this situation.

Do we just say that honestly we are moving to Canada as a family, and that my husband will have to enter as a visitor while we wait for approval?

Thanks!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
CanadianInUK said:
So at the border they don't hesitate to let you in when you have a PR case on going? Just wondering what we should say at the border in this instance?

We plan on going in January but I don't anticipate having my husband's PR then...am interested in what others have said when they entered Canada in this situation.
yes, when you are visa exempt and have a PR application in the system, they are more likely to give you less hassle. your husband will simply say "i have a PR application submitted, and i'm here to visit with my family". It's even ok for him to say, "i'm helping my wife move back, and i'm waiting for my PR approval. Here is proof my application has been submitted." They will then take his passport and look up his information to confirm his application has been received by CIC and let him in. IT's usually a good idea to bring proof of the application in case it can't be located (fees paid, SA letter, etc).

CanadianInUK said:
Do we just say that honestly we are moving to Canada as a family, and that my husband will have to enter as a visitor while we wait for approval?
Not exactly. it's important for the PR applicant to use the right language to avoid issues. Your husband can't "move" to Canada until he is approved to. You can, and he can help you move, he just can't "move" there yet. Until his PR is approved, he needs to use the word "visiting". So it's best for HIM to say, "i am visiting with my family and would like to stay until my PR app is approved, here is the proof my application is submitted". I'm sure at some point the fact that you are moving back will come up, so he needs to still say he's only visiting to help you move until he's approved for pr.
He needs to be very careful about appearing to "move" to Canada, and shouldn't have all of his belongings with him. Sometimes people have absolutely no issue going back when their spouse is moving back, though there's always the chance you get that one cranky officer who just wants to make your life difficult.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
PF said:
Hello

Some questions:

1. Background/Declaration section 9 - membership or association with organisations:

I am going to include professional associations through graduate school what about trade unions. As a grad student at mcmaster we paid union dues to CUPE - I'm presuming I should include this?

2. Personal history
I do not include travel that goes in a separate section? When dealing with travel I have number of US stamps but they were for layovers in airports- do I include these and list hours for duration?

Padraic
1. I would include it, better to include than leave out

2. I would not include lay overs