+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Apologies, I was reading an older version.

Trying to ensure that I have all of my i's dotted and t's crossed

Chevy23 said:
I don't see it on the SPONSOR document checklist, are you applying inland or outland?

The applicant definitely needs to complete it, although when I applied I got confused with this also and got my wife to fill it in as well... even if its not needed I suppose its better to be safe than sorry

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of help with a decision I'm making about withdrawing my inland application to apply outland via London. My main concern is regarding processing times - I've seen your spreadsheet which was very useful but I want to know if newer applicants feel like times are getting longer. I know from my experience applying inland that delays were coming before they updated the processing times. Essentially I want to know the same thing, do you think the current processing times are still fairly accurate? I don't want to withdraw my application only to be stuck in another excessively long queue. Thanks!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
cioannou said:
Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of help with a decision I'm making about withdrawing my inland application to apply outland via London. My main concern is regarding processing times - I've seen your spreadsheet which was very useful but I want to know if newer applicants feel like times are getting longer. I know from my experience applying inland that delays were coming before they updated the processing times. Essentially I want to know the same thing, do you think the current processing times are still fairly accurate? I don't want to withdraw my application only to be stuck in another excessively long queue. Thanks!
On the spreadsheet you can see processing times going back to 2010. They used to be 3-4 months, then they went out to 6-8 months, then they were at 4-5 months aroundt his time last year, the past few months they've been more like 7 months. The spreadsheet is the best indication of timing that you can get. Very, very, very few people take more than a year to have their applications sorted... right now CIC's website says that just sponsor approval for inland applications is at 12 months, then stage 2 is at a further 8 months so you're looking at an average of 7 or so months vs an average of 20ish months.

To me, the choice is obvious.

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
cioannou said:
If it helps at all, I'm one of the last of my application date range (late Nov) who hasn't yet received the PR approval. Now the hiccup with our paperwork was a police check that should have been waived but both our lawyers and the government failed to realize it at first. That's delayed us probably by a month at least but on the positive side we have just moved to in processing as of the 7th.

So my outland application is longer ish than the average but only just and that was due to a small mistake.

PS

If anyone is able to, could they add our 'In Process' date of August 7th to the spreadsheet btw

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
On the spreadsheet you can see processing times going back to 2010. They used to be 3-4 months, then they went out to 6-8 months, then they were at 4-5 months aroundt his time last year, the past few months they've been more like 7 months. The spreadsheet is the best indication of timing that you can get. Very, very, very few people take more than a year to have their applications sorted... right now CIC's website says that just sponsor approval for inland applications is at 12 months, then stage 2 is at a further 8 months so you're looking at an average of 7 or so months vs an average of 20ish months.

To me, the choice is obvious.
keep in mind too though, it depends on when the inland app was sent. it takes some time to confirm a withdraw and to get the fees and paperwork back. Also, new forms and a new police record will be needed, which will add time. let's say the person has been in inland queue for 8 months already. if they withdraw now, get an outland app together and send it in, it will still be another 6-7 months at best to get approved. so that's 14-15 months total time (not including the time to get the app together). also, if a work permit is essential, they will lose out on the OWP, and could potentially still see the same wait time as if they were still in queue for inland. i'd say if the app was submitted less than 4 months ago and AOR has NOT been received, then it would probably be worth it to change.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all!

We received our SA today!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...our file has been sent to Ottawa instead of London...guess I'll have to be removed from the spreadsheet :(

Thanks of your help everyone and beat of luck with your applications!!

-Karl

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Hey all!

We received our SA today!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...our file has been sent to Ottawa instead of London...guess I'll have to be removed from the spreadsheet :(

Thanks of your help everyone and beat of luck with your applications!!

-Karl
Not sure why your application would have gone to Ottawa...

I thought that's were they did US applicants, do you live in the US?

And congrats on your SA

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Not sure why your application would have gone to Ottawa...

I thought that's were they did US applicants, do you live in the US?

And congrats on your SA
Thanks!!

No,currently living in Australia and from ireland.
Yeah we were really confused about that aswell.we asked on the main sponsership thread(the sticky at the top of the family sponsership page),someone was saying that they are sending some applications there to help with the workflow?said the same is happening for other offices such as Paris and Sydney.just hoping it can only be good that it's gone to Ottawa and not take longer than London!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Thanks!!

No,currently living in Australia and from ireland.
Yeah we were really confused about that aswell.we asked on the main sponsership thread(the sticky at the top of the family sponsership page),someone was saying that they are sending some applications there to help with the workflow?said the same is happening for other offices such as Paris and Sydney.just hoping it can only be good that it's gone to Ottawa and not take longer than London!
Hmm weird I've never heard of that before, I would still be inclined to question it...

Well good luck and at least your application is moving now, maybe check out the Ottawa spreadsheet for the current trend

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Hmm weird I've never heard of that before, I would still be inclined to question it...

Well good luck and at least your application is moving now, maybe check out the Ottawa spreadsheet for the current trend
Oh?do you think we should maybe email CIC just incase?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Oh?do you think we should maybe email CIC just incase?
Well I would just to be sure because if it has been seen to the wrong VO it's going to delay your application

But I don't want to give you wrong advice, so maybe wait for a few others on here to comment first, it's Saturday anyway so you won't get any response until the working week starts so you've got some time to get advice first

I just think it's strange and I'm sure there was a Vienna applicant who's application was sent to the wrong VO and they had to contact CIC to get it sent to the correct one

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Well I would just to be sure because if it has been seen to the wrong VO it's going to delay your application

But I don't want to give you wrong advice, so maybe wait for a few others on here to comment first, it's Saturday anyway so you won't get any response until the working week starts so you've got some time to get advice first

I just think it's strange and I'm sure there was a Vienna applicant who's application was sent to the wrong VO and they had to contact CIC to get it sent to the correct one
Damn I hope not...just asked on the Ottawa thread,hopefully get a response there.

Anyone else got any info on this?

Thanks for the advice Chevy!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Chevy23 said:

most likely it's not a mistake. this seems to be very common right now. it can also be attributed to the fact that the applicant is not living in his home country, and perhaps related to his current status in australia. i wouldnt consider it a concern at this point. CIC does things that may not make sense on the outside. it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a good reason for keeping apps in canada. unfortunatley it's difficult to determine why cic does ANYTHING. ottawa's processing time has dropped significantly, so there's a big chance the application can be approved faster than if it was sent to london.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
rhcohen2014 said:
most likely it's not a mistake. this seems to be very common right now. it can also be attributed to the fact that the applicant is not living in his home country, and perhaps related to his current status in australia. i wouldnt consider it a concern at this point. CIC does things that may not make sense on the outside. it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a good reason for keeping apps in canada. unfortunatley it's difficult to determine why cic does ANYTHING. ottawa's processing time has dropped significantly, so there's a big chance the application can be approved faster than if it was sent to london.
I haven't heard of London apps going to Ottawa before

Surely if it's to do with where he's living it would have gone to Sydney ??

I know CIC does random things but when there's no official mention of Outland offices changing I would definitely question it - just to be sure

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Chevy23 said:
I haven't heard of London apps going to Ottawa before

Surely if it's to do with where he's living it would have gone to Sydney ??

I know CIC does random things but when there's no official mention of Outland offices changing I would definitely question it - just to be sure
while it may not be common in the london thread, there are quite a few other applicants who's applications were sent to ottawa when they weren't expecting it to. this isn't necessarily bad or wrong. it just is.

also, currently applicants from the sydney and paris visa offices are getting their application processed in mississauga. this seems to be a new thing. someone recently posted the information in the may applicant thread. according to what CIC "told" them, it's related to workflow reasons for "uncomplicated" files at those offices. what "uncomplicated" means, and whether that's the real reason, we will never know. it's just what is currently happening with applications. at this point, only time will tell what this means for the processing of these apps.