+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Hi, I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet

Username: alicia13
Nationality: Irish
M/CL: Married
Resides in: Toronto, Canada
Application received in Mississauga: August 6th 2014

Please let me know if I need any more info, thanks!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
alicia13 said:
Hi, I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet

Username: alicia13
Nationality: Irish
M/CL: Married
Resides in: Toronto, Canada
Application received in Mississauga: August 6th 2014

Please let me know if I need any more info, thanks!
Added! Welcome, and congratulations

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014

Ukcan1988

Feb 6, 2014
Hi all -

My boyfriend and I have been patiently waiting since February, when I was accepted as a sponsor, for the magic words 'in process' on the CIC website.

The medical portion of our application expires on August 20th so I e-mailed the London office asking how this will affect our application. We finally got a response from them saying that they have extended our medical to the 30th July 2014. This is clearly a typo (one would hope!!) and I have asked for clarification, but like most things with the CIC, I'm pushing my luck to think I'll have a response back any time soon.

Has any one else here had an extension on their medical, or know how long these are typically for? Just looking to get an idea of how long they might have extended it for.

We will continue to patiently wait for a response, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here, I was hoping to get a general idea of what we're looking at.

Thank you.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Ukcan1988 said:
Hi all -

My boyfriend and I have been patiently waiting since February, when I was accepted as a sponsor, for the magic words 'in process' on the CIC website.

The medical portion of our application expires on August 20th so I e-mailed the London office asking how this will affect our application. We finally got a response from them saying that they have extended our medical to the 30th July 2014. This is clearly a typo (one would hope!!) and I have asked for clarification, but like most things with the CIC, I'm pushing my luck to think I'll have a response back any time soon.

Has any one else here had an extension on their medical, or know how long these are typically for? Just looking to get an idea of how long they might have extended it for.

We will continue to patiently wait for a response, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here, I was hoping to get a general idea of what we're looking at.

Thank you.
I have not personally had an extension on my medical but I believe that as long as the original medical is not over 15 months old then CIC can extend it for another 12 months

So I would think that the date they emailed you should have said "30th July 2015" not 2014 but best to wait to get clarity from London

Ukcan1988

Feb 6, 2014
Chevy23 said:
I have not personally had an extension on my medical but I believe that as long as the original medical is not over 15 months old then CIC can extend it for another 12 months

So I would think that the date they emailed you should have said "30th July 2015" not 2014 but best to wait to get clarity from London
Thanks Chevy23 - as luck would have it I actually got a response today (probably due to the persistent follow-up! ha). You were right. I can't believe it, the medical has been extended for a year.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Personal History and Sponsored Spouse Questionaire questions

Hello all,,
I am in the process of completing my PR application. My wife and I were dating for 10 years before getting married - should we account for all of that time in question 9 - Development of your relationship.

Living in Ontario (here 5 years on student permit and now a post grad work permit that expies in August 2015) - applying outland

In my personal history in the generic application should account for everything and location - even if just a quick trip across the border etc?

Best,
padraic

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if AORs are sent to everyone? Or will the first contact we get be the SA?

Thanks in advance for any input!

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
Hello everybody, feeling a little frustrated...having patiently waited after our application was recieved june 4th, we have heard nothing about our sponsorship being aproved yet.

On the spreadsheet I see we have been skipped over- always worrying- and then TODAY got an email with our AOR....but no word of sponsorship approval, despite being more than a week over the processing time.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Im no longer in Canada but my boyfriend has been trying and failing to get in touch with the call centre this week to ask if theres a problem. Im not sure if the AOR is a good or a bad sign this far into the process?!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Ukcan1988 said:
Thanks Chevy23 - as luck would have it I actually got a response today (probably due to the persistent follow-up! ha). You were right. I can't believe it, the medical has been extended for a year.
That's great news! At least you won't have to pay for a second medical now!

Good luck with your application

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Re: Personal History and Sponsored Spouse Questionaire questions

PF said:
Hello all,,
I am in the process of completing my PR application. My wife and I were dating for 10 years before getting married - should we account for all of that time in question 9 - Development of your relationship.

Living in Ontario (here 5 years on student permit and now a post grad work permit that expies in August 2015) - applying outland

In my personal history in the generic application should account for everything and location - even if just a quick trip across the border etc?

Best,
padraic
Yes you should account for everything to do with your relationship, the more you have the better! It will show you have a strong case with hopefully no complications and no interview which will make for quicker processing hopefully

Again you should account for everything, there should be no gaps in time and if you have traveled across the boarder you should include it astey can check this

Incomplete information will only delay your application so be as thorough as possible and write everything down

Good luck

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
alicia13 said:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if AORs are sent to everyone? Or will the first contact we get be the SA?

Thanks in advance for any input!
AORs are very inconsistent, some people get them some people don't

I actually thought they weren't sending them out anymore but perhaps that's just stage 2

Don't worry if you don't receive AOR sometimes people only get SA and sometimes they both arrive together

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Re: Personal History and Sponsored Spouse Questionaire questions

Chevy23 said:
Yes you should account for everything to do with your relationship, the more you have the better! It will show you have a strong case with hopefully no complications and no interview which will make for quicker processing hopefully

Again you should account for everything, there should be no gaps in time and if you have traveled across the boarder you should include it astey can check this

Incomplete information will only delay your application so be as thorough as possible and write everything down

Good luck

Thank you, much appreciated. Just tidying up - hopefully it goes in next Friday

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
kateface said:
Hello everybody, feeling a little frustrated...having patiently waited after our application was recieved june 4th, we have heard nothing about our sponsorship being aproved yet.

On the spreadsheet I see we have been skipped over- always worrying- and then TODAY got an email with our AOR....but no word of sponsorship approval, despite being more than a week over the processing time.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Im no longer in Canada but my boyfriend has been trying and failing to get in touch with the call centre this week to ask if theres a problem. Im not sure if the AOR is a good or a bad sign this far into the process?!
AOR is a good sign it shows they have your application!

Since you didn't get SA with your AOR it will probably arrive a week or 2 later

Don't panic, this is good your probably close to getting SA... a week over processing time is ok

I had to wait 2 months over processing times for my SA

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
Hi,
We have just started the whole process and am feeling very overwhelmed and confused!

I am Canadian, my husband British. We have 2 kids - they have dual citizenship.

We've downloaded the forms for applying outside Canada, but there seems to be so many inconsistencies (my sponsorship forms ask for information in Canadian dollars, phone numbers can only be entered in Canadian format, etc) Also they are asking questions like "Has your spouse ever met your children?" but there doesn't seen to be any way to indicate that they are OUR children.

Also on his forms (Generic Application form) we have to list ALL family members and include them on the application as Type A dependants, although again there is no clear way of indicating that they are our kids and have dual citizenship (I can select two nationalities from them from the drop down box--is this sufficient enough?)

Has anyone immigrated with kids who were already Canadian but just a spouse who wasn't?

Thanks