+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Yaaayy!!!! It arrived!!! :D COPR came today, issued on the 18th...the same day Ecas said they started processing ... ??? ECAS hasn't even changed from 'in processs'... ??? ???

Good luck to everyone else!

P&B

UKbiker

Aug 11, 2012
Hi there... My wife and I have been reading this forum since January (I'm British, she's Canadian)... we haven't posted, but it's been a huge comfort to be able to follow other people's timelines.

However, today I received my COPR and thought I would share my timeline in the hopes that it gives someone else some hope/comfort in the way that many previous posts on here have done for me and my wife.

App filed: 23rd March 2012
AOR: None
File Transfer: 29th June 2012
Meds Done: February 2012
COPR Received: 24th October 2012

I contacted CIC on the 5th October to notify them of a change in employment and received an email back (from London... I know, I was shocked too!!!). They said "Thank you for letting us know of a change in your employment... blah blah blah.... your file will be processed some time within the next few months".... The only vaguely useful bit of info they did give me was that the file was transferred to London on the 29th of June and received in London on the 18th July 2012.

ECAS has shown "application received" since just after 29th June... having logged in ten minutes ago, it only shows "in process" with info showing that they started processing the file on 19th October 2012.

We will be landing sometime around the 5th December.

Thanks again for all your posts, they really helped us through some of the tougher days... I wish all of you the very best in your applications.

Craig

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
UKbiker said:
Hi there... My wife and I have been reading this forum since January (I'm British, she's Canadian)... we haven't posted, but it's been a huge comfort to be able to follow other people's timelines.

However, today I received my COPR and thought I would share my timeline in the hopes that it gives someone else some hope/comfort in the way that many previous posts on here have done for me and my wife.

I contacted CIC on the 5th October to notify them of a change in employment and received an email back (from London... I know, I was shocked too!!!). They said "Thank you for letting us know of a change in your employment... blah blah blah.... your file will be processed some time within the next few months".... The only vaguely useful bit of info they did give me was that the file was transferred to London on the 29th of June and received in London on the 18th July 2012.

ECAS has shown "application received" since just after 29th June... having logged in ten minutes ago, it only shows "in process" with info showing that they started processing the file on 19th October 2012.

Thanks again for all your posts, they really helped us through some of the tougher days... I wish all of you the very best in your applications.

Craig
Congrats Craig!!! Did you add your timeline to the spreadsheet yet? (in my signature) It feels good to finally go red!

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
UKbiker said:

Craig
Thank you and Congrats! I am hopefully. I was told by a CIC rep that it takes 30day to get a file transfered to London but i doubted the info. Well you kinda of confirmed it...thank u

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Just received this from London today. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Dear XXXX,

As you stated that is your wifes UCI number. Your UCI number is XXXX XXXX.

Your file is currently under review with an officer and they will be in touch should they require any further information or any additional documents.

Regards,
CSU (AJM)

At least I finally have a UCI number that works and shows my address and not my wife's :D

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
I JUST GOT COPR!!!! My wife an I are so excited, I can't believe the wait is finally over, almost 8 months.

The COPR letter just arrived in the mail, ecas never changed to 'in process' so I had no idea they were even working on it, it was a real surprise when it arrived in the mail today.

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
arbs said:
I JUST GOT COPR!!!! My wife an I are so excited, I can't believe the wait is finally over, almost 8 months.

The COPR letter just arrived in the mail, ecas never changed to 'in process' so I had no idea they were even working on it, it was a real surprise when it arrived in the mail today.
Woo hoo! Congratulations! London are on a roll today!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
R151NG5UN said:
Just received this from London today. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Dear XXXX,

As you stated that is your wifes UCI number. Your UCI number is XXXX XXXX.

Your file is currently under review with an officer and they will be in touch should they require any further information or any additional documents.

Regards,
CSU (AJM)

At least I finally have a UCI number that works and shows my address and not my wife's :D
Sounds like they have atleast opened your file :D Thats great news! Is your case complicated? Hopefully you'll hear more good news in few days!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bryandd said:
Sounds like they have atleast opened your file :D Thats great news! Is your case complicated? Hopefully you'll hear more good news in few days!
Our case is relatively straight forward at least I think, the only thing that complicates it now is the expiry of my medicals (in 6 or 7 days) which I am worried about because a further medical probably means I wont make it out to Canada this year so hopefully an extension is granted. We have been together 7 years so I guess at worst case another 2 or 3 months wont kill me lol

Wishing you a happy life in Canada and congrats (jealous lol) :D

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Finally some positivity from London!
Congrats everyone :)

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
Hello everyone,

On our sponsered person's ECAS today it shows the home address updated to our Canadian one. Does anyone know if this means we are close? A few people after us have already gotten COPR, and I'm hoping its going to be our turn soon. Our ECAS has not even changed from application received yet though.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
mattyr83 said:
Hello everyone,

On our sponsered person's ECAS today it shows the home address updated to our Canadian one. Does anyone know if this means we are close? A few people after us have already gotten COPR, and I'm hoping its going to be our turn soon. Our ECAS has not even changed from application received yet though.
Congrats,

Your road is almost at an end. It means that visa issuance is the next step and will come pretty quickly, likely within the next week or so. ECAS can be unreliable at the best of times but from what you said, congrats are in order. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bryandd said:
Yaaayy!!!! It arrived!!! :D COPR came today, issued on the 18th...the same day Ecas said they started processing ... ??? ECAS hasn't even changed from 'in processs'... ??? ???

Good luck to everyone else!

P&B
Congratulations! great to hear that you got it before flying at the end of November, that's perfect! and weird about ecas... somehow it gives me hope - maybe mine is on its way to Canada, and they haven't bothered changing ecas.... that would be a relief!
Cheers,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
UKbiker said:

Craig
Congratulations, and thanks for posting, it's nice to see some movements from London, it feels like at last something is happening and people are hearing back from the VO!
Good luck in Canada,
Sweden