+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
I'm just about 120 days since sponsorship approval now, however I had to send in some supplementary documentation to London.

Pretty desperate to get this done as my wife is due to give birth in 5 days.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
When applying for Dual Intent do you have to have your partner arrive with you at Border Control. We are seriously thinking of doing this, but to save some money I would rather not have to pay for a return flight ticket for my husband and just have him pick us up at the ariport

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
I'm really confused with ECAS....Yesterday the home address changed to our address in Canada. Which my understanding is that means that you are getting issued COPR and is essentially the final step. Then today ECAS changed to "in process" saying they started to process on the 22nd of Oct. So they did the final step before the "in process"?

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
mattyr83 said:
I'm really confused with ECAS....Yesterday the home address changed to our address in Canada. Which my understanding is that means that you are getting issued COPR and is essentially the final step. Then today ECAS changed to "in process" saying they started to process on the 22nd of Oct. So they did the final step before the "in process"?
I wouldn't worry about what ECAS says. Ours didn't change until Oct 22nd to say that they application went in process on Oct 18th. The COPR arrived yesterday and is dated Oct 18th and ECAS still says 'in process'. London don't update ECAS, I think they send the info to Canada where its processed and then site is updated...a slow and inefficient process... I'm sure your COPR will be through the door in a matter of days, probably before ECAS knows anything about it. Your almost done!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
nmford said:
I'm just about 120 days since sponsorship approval now, however I had to send in some supplementary documentation to London.

Pretty desperate to get this done as my wife is due to give birth in 5 days.
120 days! :( Thats awful! Are you in Canada now? Will you be able to be with your wife for the birth? You've been waiting so long, I really hope they get your file done soon.

Good luck, and get as much sleep as you can now! ;) Pretty soon CIC will pale in significance to your beautiful little baby!

P

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Hi Guys,

when COPR comes through the mail, does someone have to sign for it? If they do, does it have to be the applicant, or can anyone?

Hurry up London :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Guys,

when COPR comes through the mail, does someone have to sign for it? If they do, does it have to be the applicant, or can anyone?

We had to sign for ours, it was just a regular Royal Mail recorded delivery, so anyone could sign for it

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Guys,

Hi we also had to sign for it, the COPR is for my wife but I signed for it no problem.

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey seamyb,

You are correct, London does not issue PPR's to visa exempt countries. I think when I did my application in some of the forms it asked me to photocopy a bunch of stuff from my passport (not sure it was every page but maybe every stamped page). FSW is a totally different process and should not really be compared to Family class.

Good luck :D
Hi R151NG5UN,

Thank you for your response. When we submitted our application we were asked for just the photo page of the my passport from what I recall.

Just another quick question, when I log in to Ecas it shows my mailing address as my home address in Ireland, which is correct. However, it only shows the town and not the county or country. Is this something I should be worried about?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
seamyb said:
Hi R151NG5UN,

Thank you for your response. When we submitted our application we were asked for just the photo page of the my passport from what I recall.

Just another quick question, when I log in to Ecas it shows my mailing address as my home address in Ireland, which is correct. However, it only shows the town and not the county or country. Is this something I should be worried about?
Hey Seamyb,

Yeah I think your right about them requesting the biometric page of the passport, I also had to photocopy a lot of pages showing visits to Canada and holidays taken with my wife, so it ended up being a lot of pages.

With your Ecas question, mine is exactly the same as yours. It does not show Country or County. I assume and it is only an assumption this is fine as if they post COPR from VO London the address they have will get that document to me as fast as if they had the county and Country added. What is a little more annoying is I dont have a button to update my address, reason being is if I decide to wait the very last of my application out in Canada, I am not sure how they would send it to me. Anyways for now I guess it is fine.

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Seamyb,

Yeah I think your right about them requesting the biometric page of the passport, I also had to photocopy a lot of pages showing visits to Canada and holidays taken with my wife, so it ended up being a lot of pages.

With your Ecas question, mine is exactly the same as yours. It does not show Country or County. I assume and it is only an assumption this is fine as if they post COPR from VO London the address they have will get that document to me as fast as if they had the county and Country added. What is a little more annoying is I dont have a button to update my address, reason being is if I decide to wait the very last of my application out in Canada, I am not sure how they would send it to me. Anyways for now I guess it is fine.
I am currently in Toronto visiting my wife, I have been here since the end of August. My plan was this if they send it to my home address, which is my parents address I would just have my parents send it over here to me. I'm hoping it will come soon as I am planning to visit my brother in the States at the end of November and I would like to have 'landed' before then.

Where do you plan on settling when you reach Canada?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
seamyb said:
I am currently in Toronto visiting my wife, I have been here since the end of August. My plan was this if they send it to my home address, which is my parents address I would just have my parents send it over here to me. I'm hoping it will come soon as I am planning to visit my brother in the States at the end of November and I would like to have 'landed' before then.

Where do you plan on settling when you reach Canada?
That makes sense unfortunately my place I am waiting to let it out (This COPR is stopping me) so if gets sent to my place the tenants will probably bin it or use it as a tea or beer coaster. I could redirect my mail but knowing Royal Mail they will screw it up. This is all that is stopping me heading out now lol.

Once if this nightmare ends I shall be residing in Edmonton AB. My wife already has a place out there so settling should be a lot easier. I need 4 weeks to tie up all my loose ends but can't tie any of them up without that COPR so am really stuck at the minute lol. :p

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
When applying for Dual Intent do you have to have your partner arrive with you at Border Control. We are seriously thinking of doing this, but to save some money I would rather not have to pay for a return flight ticket for my husband and just have him pick us up at the ariport
Hey,

It's always up to the border agent to let you in or not, but I doubt that you would need your husband to come with you - also because if he is on the other side of the border waiting for you, if they want to ask him questions they can... My partner arrived with me at the border, but it was just because we were travelling together anyway.... the person at the counter beside me was also applying for dual intent, and she was on her own with her daughter and it didn't seem to be a problem...
I didn't ask for dual intent actually - i told the border officer that I would like to stay 6 months because I have applied for PR and I'm waiting for it now, she didn't ask for any proofs or anything, (maybe because my partner was with me?), and she just stamped my passport without anything else - which means 6 months.
pretty easy process for me when I crossed the border.
Good luck!
Sweden

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
bryandd said:
120 days! :( Thats awful! Are you in Canada now? Will you be able to be with your wife for the birth? You've been waiting so long, I really hope they get your file done soon.

Good luck, and get as much sleep as you can now! ;) Pretty soon CIC will pale in significance to your beautiful little baby!

P
Hey Bryandd,

I'm currently in Canada so I will be here for the birth :) I have a visitors permit which expires in march 2013. I've been here since November 2011 working telecommuting consultancy jobs across North America and the UK (I'm English with American residency at the moment until this goes through). The reason I am desperate to get my residency through is so I can get a job here which provides benefits on top of OHIP for the baby.

sunnyshade

Oct 25, 2012
Hello!

I am applying Outland through London for a common law visa, and I am wondering at what point the passport is requested to sent off (if all goes well).
My partner and I are planning on travelling for 2 months next summer, which will be about 9 months after submitting the application.
So if anyone could help, wondering when to expect the passport request, and what happens if we are travelling and it can't be sent away immediately?
Would very much appreciate any response =) Thank you all!