+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MDU

Dec 5, 2010
Hello,
I too had an eCAS update yesterday.

"We received your application on November 18th"
"We have begun processing your application on January 21st"
"Medical results have been received"

yipeeeee!

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
shandymoo said:
Can someone please explain the whole e-cas thing to me?
I posted my application on January 17th with next day delivery so they will have received it on the 18th January.
I have used the search thing using my receipt number and my sponsors name and details as they were on the receipt.
Should I put my details on the search information? Either way it comes up with saying it was not found.
The application process time checker pages says it was updated january 19th with 43 days and working on december 15th applications. When will this be updated?
I am very anxious! I know I only posted it last week but I can't stop checking!!!
Hi Shandymoo, save this link to your favourites, it shows you the Date of which Mississauga is currently processing Sponsorship Applications. It also provides some information in regards to London. You should expect to see your ECAS change around the time the link shows that they are processing applications submitted January 18th-ish. Hope this helps. PW ;)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011
patiently_waiting said:
Hi Shandymoo, save this link to your favourites, it shows you the Date of which Mississauga is currently processing Sponsorship Applications. It also provides some information in regards to London. You should expect to see your ECAS change around the time the link shows that they are processing applications submitted January 18th-ish. Hope this helps. PW ;)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Ok thank you so much for your help! :)

This is so tough! I keep looking at the calendar daily and keep counting the days, judging on other timelines similiar to mine :( I have my hopes for a PPR in early April. I cant wait to get out of boring stupid England and see my husband again and start my new exciting life in Canada. The restaurants alone are enough to want to make someone immigrate! :p

I can't explain to my friends and family what it is about the place i just love everything i feel so free over there but over here i feel so trapped and cramped in a way that everything is on such a smaller scale over here. Do you know what i mean?

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
shandymoo said:

This is so tough! I keep looking at the calendar daily and keep counting the days, judging on other timelines similiar to mine :( I have my hopes for a PPR in early April. I cant wait to get out of boring stupid England and see my husband again and start my new exciting life in Canada. The restaurants alone are enough to want to make someone immigrate! :p

I can't explain to my friends and family what it is about the place i just love everything i feel so free over there but over here i feel so trapped and cramped in a way that everything is on such a smaller scale over here. Do you know what i mean?
Sure do! It is funny tho, I love London!! And I love the fact that while living in Edinburgh I had such a great opportunity to travel to see so many countries and they were all so close. The nice thing about Canada tho is that the east coast and the west coast are so different and there is so much to see across one country - I am really proud to be from here. My b/f absolutely feels the same way as you, calls it 'boring old England'. I guess there are pros and cons to both both but in the end, the opportunities here far out weigh the long term opportunities over there. It makes me really proud to be from here when you hear someone is so excited to be part of Canada. Best advice I can give you is that it will all happen when you least expect it. I am guilty like others of spending time watching ECAS and stressing out, waiting for the mail etc... but it was the days when I blew it all off to do something else that we got notifications.. try to do the same!! London doesn't give you much info after you get sponsored so enjoy your time before you go, don't sit waiting for the mail!! ;D

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
shandymoo said:

I totally get it. I love my house, my friends & my family but I am counting the days until we land (15 weeks & 5 days FYI !!). We are staying until May because my sister-in-law is getting married, but my fella's visa came through in December so it's hard knowing we could be there and being stuck here!
I dream of the 'Earls' chilli chicken appetiser and can't wait to go back to the Marble Slab Cremery....time cannot go fast enough!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Canooknic said:
I dream of the 'Earls' chilli chicken appetiser and can't wait to go back to the Marble Slab Cremery....time cannot go fast enough!
Have you been to Coldstone Creamery? Also very delish!!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
No I haven't, but I'm gonna find one when I finally leave this place!
How annoying is this...since getting the visa through a Tim Hortons has opened in Southampton, and a Krispy Kreme & a Hollister have opened in Brighton (where my man works) - all my favourite things within 30 minutes of me!!! Bloody typical!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
How annoying is this...since getting the visa through a Tim Hortons has opened in Southampton, and a Krispy Kreme & a Hollister have opened in Brighton (where my man works) - all my favourite things within 30 minutes of me!!! Bloody typical!
They are nothing like the real thing - for a start it is not -30C outside :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Canooknic said:
No I haven't, but I'm gonna find one when I finally leave this place!
haha yeah, typical!!
At least when you get to Canada you'll have all these things MUCH closer than 30 mins away, theres a tim hortons every 100 metres for a 1000 miles!
I have never tried krispy kreme..............

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
They're gooood!! I love donuts, but not the silly jam ones over here.

Don't worry Baloo, I always sit in my deep freeze to get a Canadian experience with my coffee lol!!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Nooooo I like the jam ones with sugar on them!
I used to try and eat a whole one without licking my lips, a difficult feat!
Safeway (back in the ol' days) would sell 10 for 99p haha

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011
I'm addicted to Dairy Queen blizzards we would go and get one on the coldest days when it was -20 outside lol

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I'm still burning off the Dairy Queen Blizzard calories from last summer. There is one right beside my condo :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
kelKel said:
I'm still burning off the Dairy Queen Blizzard calories from last summer. There is one right beside my condo :)
Haha, there was one right by our condo too, but we moved thankfully. It was way too handy to be able to nip downstairs and get blizzard treats!
Luckily the condo complex also had its own superclub gym!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
shandymoo said:
I'm addicted to Dairy Queen blizzards we would go and get one on the coldest days when it was -20 outside lol
If you like blizzards, you'll love coldstones creamery.
In my opionion, its 100 times better!!
Definately check it out when you come back to canada.