+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chrischris said:
CAIPS I believe stands for Computer Aided Immigration Processing System, although I'm not certain. The request for your notes is made under Canada's Access to Information Act - the equivalent of a request for electronic info held about you under the UK's Data Protection Act. It's a printout of everything on your electronic case file. I filled out, scanned and emailed my wife my authorisation form to release data about me, and she did the rest. It costs $5 and took 30 days for them to action.

I only lived in Canada for a year, and that was nearly a decade ago. Anna, you should probably expect to be checked and add at least two months onto the typical 70-odd day processing time that most people experience, and consider it a bonus if you're not "RCMP'd" (if that's a verb!) and it comes through more quickly.
Cool thanks for explaining that! Thats annoying about the extra waiting time, my husband's visa for England expires on 1st May so we were hoping everything would just conveniently slot into that time span and we'd get out there together....that was a silly idea haha....but you never know, things might still go quickly.... :-\

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
dcooper said:
If eCAS is not all that frequently updated - what would you recommend as a way of checking the status (other than patience!).

Also, if anyone can shed any light on the following, that'd be great!

- We had sponsorship approval in late September and although eCAS for my (im the applicant, my fiance is the sponsor) says Application Received - Medical records received, we've still no file number. I'm guessing that basically, at some point we should be officially notified that the file is in London (although I assume it already is?) at that point, we'll get a file number for it being in the UK?

- My fiance and I also have some very significant additional information, that we think would be very positive to the application, to be added to our application - how should we add this information when we have no file number?

Thanks for your help
London don’t send AOR’s. On ecas where it says ‘we received your application to sponsor XX on …….’ The date shown is the date we use as the AOR.On the letter/email you received informing you of sponsor approval, that should have a file number. If not, call up CIC M and ask for it (if you or your fiancé is in Canada) 1-888-242 2100 They should be able to provide it for you.

You can submit docs in pdf format.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx
click the email or webform link.

Ecas can be updated, it depends on the officer looking at your file. The next update will be ‘in process’ followed by decision made.
The next time you hear from London, it will be either to ask for more info or to request your passport.

This process does require a HUGE amount of patience!
Hope this helps!

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
My patience is starting to run out! Feels like nothing's happening with London at the moment. Any updates from AndreUK etc?

Nothing for me. Still can't log into ecas with my own ID and when we log in with my sponsor's, it just says that the application was received 22nd July 2011 (which was the date at CIC-M and not even London). Nothing about medicals. I'm starting to get paranoid that it's got lost, even though I know very well that lots of people get no ecas updates at all. It'd be nice if they could note that it's safely in London and they have my medicals though!

Anyway, the wait continues! Good news is that my boyfriend proposed to me 3 weeks ago ;D, so I've been thinking very little about immigration recently! Came on here hoping to see good news for some others, but as there's nothing, I'm going to cheer myself up this afternoon by going to look at expensive wedding dresses!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Maid_Marian said:
Anyway, the wait continues! Good news is that my boyfriend proposed to me 3 weeks ago ;D, so I've been thinking very little about immigration recently! Came on here hoping to see good news for some others, but as there's nothing, I'm going to cheer myself up this afternoon by going to look at expensive wedding dresses!
Awwww congratulations!!!! Thats great news :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Maid_Marian said:
Congratulations !! If you want some wedding inspiration check out the Project Wedding website....I spend as much time on their forum as I do on this one!!!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maid_Marian said:
My patience is starting to run out! Feels like nothing's happening with London at the moment. Any updates from AndreUK etc?

Nothing for me. Still can't log into ecas with my own ID and when we log in with my sponsor's, it just says that the application was received 22nd July 2011 (which was the date at CIC-M and not even London). Nothing about medicals. I'm starting to get paranoid that it's got lost, even though I know very well that lots of people get no ecas updates at all. It'd be nice if they could note that it's safely in London and they have my medicals though!

congrats :)

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Maid_Marian said:

Congratulations on the engagement! What a great way to keep your mind off immigration. :)

You have my empathy on the wait, by the way. I'm the sponsor in our relationship (we can also only log in with my details--I think that's normal). Application received at CPC-M on 25 July. Sponsor approved on 30 September. NOTHING since then. I check the PR spreadsheet daily--it drives me crazy! <offers empathy tequila>

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Congrats on your engagement Maid_Marian!

dcooper

Nov 14, 2011
pinklady said:
London don't send AOR's. On ecas where it says ‘we received your application to sponsor XX on .......' The date shown is the date we use as the AOR.On the letter/email you received informing you of sponsor approval, that should have a file number. If not, call up CIC M and ask for it (if you or your fiancé is in Canada) 1-888-242 2100 They should be able to provide it for you.

*snip*
Thanks, and Chris for your help. It does help indeed!

So if our app was received on July 20th and also says in eCAS application was received on July 20th but we were notified by email that they had it on Sept 29th..., we're counting that date as the AOR? How come on the spreadsheet then, some people have as much as a month between when the app was received and when its listed as AOR? ?:(

Pinklady - feel free to add our application to the spreadsheet, the more data the better and its been a helpful aid for us and others I'm sure.

App Sent: July 19th
App Received: July 20th
Sp Approval: October 25th
AOR: hugely confused :p

dcooper

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks - I've emailed the London VO from the weblink.

We got a UCI and an application number on the email detailing that they'd received our application but I wasn't sure if a seperate file number came from London when they started processing it.

The file number/application number doesnt seem to let us login to eCAS but the UCI does, so i'm not entirely sure why it seems a bit buggered using the file no but hey! :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Did you get an email or letter from Mississauga with your sponsor approval? What was the date you received the email or the date on the letter? This is the sponsor approval date.
On ecas, under the PR application section, the date listed as them receiving the application is the AOR.

You say you were notified by email on Sept 29th, what exactly did the email say?

I am thinking that Sept 29th is your sponsor approval date, and perhaps your AOR is Oct 25th.

brighton_travel

Aug 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
hi everybody,

this morning, my wife received the Passport Request

Pinklady, would you please update your listing & thank you.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
brighton_travel said:
hi everybody,

this morning, my wife received the Passport Request

Pinklady, would you please update your listing & thank you.
Congratulations!!

dcooper

Nov 14, 2011
pinklady said:
Did you get an email or letter from Mississauga with your sponsor approval? What was the date you received the email or the date on the letter? This is the sponsor approval date.
On ecas, under the PR application section, the date listed as them receiving the application is the AOR.

You say you were notified by email on Sept 29th, what exactly did the email say?

I am thinking that Sept 29th is your sponsor approval date, and perhaps your AOR is Oct 25th.
We got a letter from CPC-M with the sponsor approval, dated Oct 25th.

On ecas under PR it says:

Permanent Residence

We received DANIEL ROBERT J COOPER's application for permanent residence on July 20, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

which is a bit confusing as July 20th is the date our application arrived in CPC-M. The September date is the only email correspondance we've had from them which was to confirm via email that they received our application on July 20th..

:eek:

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
So..... they emailed you on Sept 29th to confirm they'd received your application. Did you email them first?

Do you know why your sponsor approval took so long?

Ecas seems to be messed up fpr lots of people with the dates in the wrong order. If sponsor approval was Oct 25th, then London will have receive your application around beginning November.

Confusing.