+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Hey Fidget no body really knows how long it takes, everyone is different.
Your PR is valid a year from when you had your medical, so for me i had my medical done 2nd August 2011 which would mean i have till 2nd August 2012 to land in Canada.
Hope this helps :)

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
essex0227 said:
Congrats TGR ;D
Been watching all day for your post.
You are finally there well done :)
Thanks essex0227- thank goodness it's finally over. Good luck to all of those still waiting!

Fidget

Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th July 2011
File Transfer...
20th Spetember 2011
Med's Done....
23 June 2011
essex0227 said:
Hey Fidget no body really knows how long it takes, everyone is different.
Your PR is valid a year from when you had your medical, so for me i had my medical done 2nd August 2011 which would mean i have till 2nd August 2012 to land in Canada.
Hope this helps :)
Hey thanks. I thought you had 90 days to land in Canada, that was my understanding.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Congrats TGR! ;D London is really making progress, how exciting!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yameen said:
oh my!
InshaAllah ( god willing) works out fast for u .Do u mind if i ask where u got it registered? we have been married since November 2010.we couldnt get registered in Nov so had to go pk in March and legally register our marriage.Then forgot to do the medical so app was returned in May.Then wen i re applied in June Canada post went on strike and package was stuck for about a month. Now waiting for most likely interview or by miracle PPR ??? i dont think ill be able to stomach any more surprises hahah :O
we got registered in manchester but apparently that mosque wasnt registered by the council, thats the reason now I have booked an appt with manchester marriage registrar office, didnt know itsa complete process, you need to live in the area for atleast 7 days before giving notice for marriage then 16 clear days until you can get married, oh god!!!

but since there is no other choice ( been to 3 lawyers and no one could help) we decided to do it the way it was supposed to earlier, bright side is that my wife and daughter coming to the UK to live with me :D

p.s. I am not sure about your case, but in our case since we got married in the UK this is why they asked for the proof from UK, if you were registered in Pk I think will be perfectly alright, its just that they need a legal document from the country where you got married!

only thing worrying me as of now is that my medical is expiring in feb'12, hope they issue me PR before that or else I will have to do it again :O

fingers crossed for you, hope everything goes by well for everyone, this pain of waiting is sooooooooo cruel :mad:

Y

yameen

Well if everything else is ok they will try to fit u in before ur medical expires i think. Thats what they did when i came.they sped up to accomodate my medical expiring bt then it was sydney embassy not london but i think they might. Feb is still more than three months away.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope so too, let's see, as of now we are concentrating on getting registered and provide them with the requested piece of paper XD

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Congrats to everyone hearing the good news and to those whose applications are progressing further!

Yes, daisies, Finland is a great place to live! We lived there for 5 years of our marriage. It would definitely be our second choice after Canada. Its a good thing we haven't been arguing about whose home country to live in! :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BT1975 said:
Hi AnnaMcG, unfortunately I have no way of tracking it since I didn't send it registered. I was worried that if I sent it registered there wouldn't be people available to sign for it since the address is a P.O. Box and they receive so many applications daily. I hope it gets there safely. Am waiting for news that it has been received, or perhaps I won't hear anything until my sponsorship has been approved and the application is being forwarded to the London VO.

Your mail should have a tracking number that you can check to see if your package was signed for in Canada to prove that it was received. Good luck!

oh wow now you have me worried, of course, I didnt even think about it being a PO box number! ARGH, when I went to the post office to send it off, they said there is no way of knowing it got signed for in Canada becuase they only track it in England, I have a barcode so I will call the helpline - but if its a no go there, would the cic website reply if I ask them if they received it? Or called the canadian helpline number (My mother in law in canada could do that!)?

oh god....I dont know what Ill do if it doesnt get there!! :'(

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
AnnaMcG said:
oh wow now you have me worried, of course, I didnt even think about it being a PO box number! ARGH, when I went to the post office to send it off, they said there is no way of knowing it got signed for in Canada becuase they only track it in England, I have a barcode so I will call the helpline - but if its a no go there, would the cic website reply if I ask them if they received it? Or called the canadian helpline number (My mother in law in canada could do that!)?

oh god....I dont know what Ill do if it doesnt get there!! :'(
You might be able to track it on the Canada Post website...

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MDSB said:
You might be able to track it on the Canada Post website...
Ok Ill have a look into that, I didnt bring the barcode to work with unfortunately so Ill have to wait til I get home.

Just wondering - did anyone else send it so it had to be signed for? (and did it get there ok?) I cant surely be the only person who did?

thanks all!

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
I've been trying not to stress about it and have my fingers crossed that it gets there with no problems this week! If others have sent theirs by registered mail that has to be signed for, and it was signed for without any problems, then I'm going to be kicking myself for not sending mine the same way! :eek:

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
I've read elsewere on the forum that signed-for mail was delivered to the PO Box address with no issues.. I think it is more of a problem if you used a courier company

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MDSB said:
I've read elsewere on the forum that signed-for mail was delivered to the PO Box address with no issues.. I think it is more of a problem if you used a courier company
Ok thanks guys, Ill still try and track it and let you know the outcome....and Ill try not to worry if I cant!! lol ::)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
StephLouise said:
Very exciting TGR - hope it's good news. Good luck!

Am I right in thinking that we don't have a National Identity Document in the UK? I've been debating whether to use my partners NI number for the Generic Application Form (he is the applicant, but I have the laborious task of filling out the majority of his forms!).

I guess if I put it in and it's wrong...well, no harm done. Or, do I leave it blank, assuming that we don't have a National Identity Document, and risk leaving out important information?

What did everyone else do?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :D
Maybe I am totally wrong but in my mind a passport is definitely a National Identity Document...? I don't remember though if that's what I put on the form...sorry. In Sweden we have ID cards and ID numbers.