+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Oct 21, 2011
pinklady said:
You're welcome, I'm happy to help!

The spreadsheet gives people hope when the website shows it will take 8 months to process in London. Most take much less time than that.

I am guessing you'll get your PPR in February. Your husband will be able to send it to London from Canada and also have it returned to him here, then he'll need to cross into the US and head back to canada to 'land'. Lots of people 'flagpole' but I went shopping for the day before heading back :)

Good luck with everything!
Thanks again! You've been invaluable! I'm going to keep an eye on that spreadsheet (and this forum). :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
I'm still very depressed. But CIC replied to my email and said I could go as a visitor to Canada and that they'd wait for the FBI certificate and not reject my application. I spent last night reading a thread about getting FBI records, and the people in that thread seem to think the fbi process is just as bad as this whole cic process. Wasn't exactly good news.
Anyway, trying to get used to the 6 month touristing in Canada :-\ Better than nothing, but not what I had hoped for.

You "tourists" out there--did you buy Canadian health insurance or from your homelands? For the time you were just visiting that is...

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
AnnaMcG said:
Congrats on sending it off! - I just sent ours off on Saturday so Ill be interested to know when you hear anything! I sent mine Royal Mail signed for, but there is no way of knowing it got there....are you checking yours somehow? I kind of would like the peace of mind that it got there....
Hi AnnaMcG, unfortunately I have no way of tracking it since I didn't send it registered. I was worried that if I sent it registered there wouldn't be people available to sign for it since the address is a P.O. Box and they receive so many applications daily. I hope it gets there safely. Am waiting for news that it has been received, or perhaps I won't hear anything until my sponsorship has been approved and the application is being forwarded to the London VO.

Your mail should have a tracking number that you can check to see if your package was signed for in Canada to prove that it was received. Good luck!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
BT1975 said:
Hi AnnaMcG, unfortunately I have no way of tracking it since I didn't send it registered. I was worried that if I sent it registered there wouldn't be people available to sign for it since the address is a P.O. Box and they receive so many applications daily. I hope it gets there safely. Am waiting for news that it has been received, or perhaps I won't hear anything until my sponsorship has been approved and the application is being forwarded to the London VO.

Your mail should have a tracking number that you can check to see if your package was signed for in Canada to prove that it was received. Good luck!
BT1975...beautiful flag, Suomi!!! :D ;D Probably the best country in the world to live....well, after Canada I mean ;)

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
Status on ecas had changed to Decision made ;D!!!! And, my husband's aunt (whose address he listed as his mailing address in London) received a letter from the Canadian High Commission yesterday. He's going around tomorrow to pick the letter up!!! So nervous, but so excited!!!! Will let you guys know how it goes!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
TGR said:
Status on ecas had changed to Decision made ;D!!!! And, my husband's aunt (whose address he listed as his mailing address in London) received a letter from the Canadian High Commission yesterday. He's going around tomorrow to pick the letter up!!! So nervous, but so excited!!!! Will let you guys know how it goes!
How exciting! I can't believe you haven't had auntie open the letter already!

StephLouise

Jan 14, 2011
Very exciting TGR - hope it's good news. Good luck!

Am I right in thinking that we don't have a National Identity Document in the UK? I've been debating whether to use my partners NI number for the Generic Application Form (he is the applicant, but I have the laborious task of filling out the majority of his forms!).

I guess if I put it in and it's wrong...well, no harm done. Or, do I leave it blank, assuming that we don't have a National Identity Document, and risk leaving out important information?

What did everyone else do?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :D

StephLouise

Jan 14, 2011
ShaunT said:
I appreciate it's going to take time and I am conditioning myself for the long wait. I think the worst thing about it is the putting my life on hold almost thinking what will happen? When will it happen? Silly considering the app isn't even sent yet. As for putting the application together.... What a task. Did everyone else feel like it just takes over your lives? I'm looking forward to getting it sent off in that respect so I stop reading and re reading our answers.

I will be staying in the UK for the process and my sponsor (wife) will be in Canada and we will maintain seeing each other whenever is possible around our work schedules.

Whatever happens I will be updating these boards along the way.
I know the feeling! How is your application coming along and when are you hoping to have sent it by?

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Does London send you a notification after they send you your passport back or does it just arrive in the mail one day? Would be great to track it :)

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
StephLouise said:
Very exciting TGR - hope it's good news. Good luck!

Am I right in thinking that we don't have a National Identity Document in the UK? I've been debating whether to use my partners NI number for the Generic Application Form (he is the applicant, but I have the laborious task of filling out the majority of his forms!).

I guess if I put it in and it's wrong...well, no harm done. Or, do I leave it blank, assuming that we don't have a National Identity Document, and risk leaving out important information?

What did everyone else do?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :D
I have put no or whatever option was on imm 0008 to grey the box out. In th UK we do not have a national ID card so can't put anything down. National Insurance is not an identity card.

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
Daisies said:
How exciting! I can't believe you haven't had auntie open the letter already!
I told him to ask her to do it, but he says he wants to see for himself. I'm gonna be barely able to sleep tonight I think!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
TGR said:
I told him to ask her to do it, but he says he wants to see for himself. I'm gonna be barely able to sleep tonight I think!
Opened it yet? *excited*

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
It's PPR !!!! So relieved!

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Congrats TGR ;D
Been watching all day for your post.
You are finally there well done :)

Fidget

Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th July 2011
File Transfer...
20th Spetember 2011
Med's Done....
23 June 2011
Hi guys my ecas changed status today, saying medical recieved!! My wife (sponsor) was approved on the 20th sep. any idea how long the next step will be and what will it be? Is the passport request the next step?

Also If/once I get approved as a PR, how long do you have to touch down In Canada?