+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
There were just so many to choose from from different times. I sent some fall, winter, summer pics in canada. Pics from vacations, and christmas and family visits and then our wedding aswell. I wanted to show a broad range haha. 80 might sounds excessive but other people sent many many more!

(So I decided to check... and it was actually more like 50 pics I sent...... so I wasnt THAT excessive... :))

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
we sent about 120ish i think but then we did need to span a few years haha ;D

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
Daisies said:
Just out of curiosity..how old are you all?
We are in our early 30's.
Im young enough to still do it, but old enough to know better..do what is another question lmao

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
Hi,

Question for anyone who can help....

Did anyone ship all there stuff to Canada? If so, who did you use?

I find them all very expensive.

Thanks

Morning!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
MandyUK said:
we sent about 120ish i think but then we did need to span a few years haha ;D
wow! well I am glad our 15ish were enough for Mississauga to accept my sponsor.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
Daisies said:
wow! well I am glad our 15ish were enough for Mississauga to accept my sponsor.
the photos are not for the sponsorship part, they are for proof of relationship, which will be looked at when it goes to your VO :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
MandyUK said:
the photos are not for the sponsorship part, they are for proof of relationship, which will be looked at when it goes to your VO :)
but how can they accept a sponsor if they don't know if our relationship is genuine?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Daisies said:
but how can they accept a sponsor if they don't know if our relationship is genuine?
The sponsorship portion assesses your eligibility to sponsor, they look at how you plan to support yourself and your partner and family. If a sponsor is abroad, they also look at your plans to restablish yourself. They check whether you're on benefits etc. There is not a lot to check, that why once it goes into processing, it only takes a day or 2 for them to decide.
The VO will determine whether your relationship is genuine and do background checks etc. They check you meet the requirements of a permanent resident under the family class and in order to succeed you must have a relationship with a canadian.. so this is assessed.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Pinklady

I looked at your spreadsheet again and am a bit amazed at some of the differences between time lines.. do you have any idea if those with ~200 days between sponsor approval & PPR had some unusual problems or something? (Sure hope I don't end up in that club..)

You can update my info: App sent 23 june; Mississauga got it 27 june. (What's AOR?)

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
Daisies said:
Pinklady

I looked at your spreadsheet again and am a bit amazed at some of the differences between time lines.. do you have any idea if those with ~200 days between sponsor approval & PPR had some unusual problems or something? (Sure hope I don't end up in that club..)

You can update my info: App sent 23 june; Mississauga got it 27 june. (What's AOR?)

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet!
Such as Samba18 who's took 253 days, looking back over thier posts they had to have a RCMP Background check done (Royal Canadian Mounted Police ) which added mostl likey about 3 months to their application.
Alot depends on how many checks they have to do, whether you have lived abroad for more than 6 months in the last 10 years, criminal checks, if you have dependents, been in the army ect or any oganizations they need to check. It can even be as simple as when they do a background check you have the same name as someone with a dodgy background, so they need to check that your not that person, which can add months to your application. plus if they dont believe the relationship is genuine they can request an interview, again adding time onto the processing.

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
I'm Canadian by birth, living in the UK, sponsoring my British partner. We're both in our mid to late twenties.

Proving my intent to return has been puzzling me... I have none of the proof they specify (rental agreement, mortgage on a property, job offer etc.), as I'm sure is the problem for most people - it's difficult to provide concrete evidence when you have no concrete time frame! ???

Has anyone else found this to be a problem? How did you get around it?

Also, does anyone know if there's a major difference in time with common-law applications?

Thanks again!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Louise86 said:
I'm Canadian by birth, living in the UK, sponsoring my British partner. We're both in our mid to late twenties.

Proving my intent to return has been puzzling me... I have none of the proof they specify (rental agreement, mortgage on a property, job offer etc.), as I'm sure is the problem for most people - it's difficult to provide concrete evidence when you have no concrete time frame! ???

Also, does anyone know if there's a major difference in time with common-law applications?

Thanks again!
Will you be working or studying in Canada? If so, why don't you e-mail different companies/Universities and ask about their programmes etc etc saying you're interested in applying and so forth... and then use those emails as proof of your intention to resettle in Canada.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
MandyUK said:
Such as Samba18 who's took 253 days, looking back over thier posts they had to have a RCMP Background check done (Royal Canadian Mounted Police ) which added mostl likey about 3 months to their application.
Alot depends on how many checks they have to do, whether you have lived abroad for more than 6 months in the last 10 years, criminal checks, if you have dependents, been in the army ect or any oganizations they need to check. It can even be as simple as when they do a background check you have the same name as someone with a dodgy background, so they need to check that your not that person, which can add months to your application. plus if they dont believe the relationship is genuine they can request an interview, again adding time onto the processing.
I am wondering why having children adds to the time. Do they do background checks on the kids too? Or do they check to see if there are any custody disputes or something?

I've been in Canada for 2 years now on a study permit, so I guess I shall have extra background checks for Canada too. Plus I used to be in the Civil Service, I am wondering if they will then have to do security checks for that as well!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Louise86 said:

Thanks again!
I would probably just write details of your plans i.e. When we arrive in Canada we will be staying XXXX until we find a property to rent/purchase. We will be booking flights as soon as the visa is issued, and hope to be in Canada XXXXX

Just some indication as to what your plans are and how you're going to arrange it....

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
Louise86 said:

Thanks again!
Hi Louise86,

We were similar, we didn't have those things either, nor were we going over to study. We provided an outline of our plans, the reasons why we were moving over to Canada and also copies of letters, emails, and Facebook printouts showing that our family and friends knew about our plans. This also included some handwritten letters from my wife's family in Canada.

As for common-law applications, I've seen those go through as quick as married, I think it all depends on the individual circumstances and having means of showing the status of your relationship - joint bank account, joint mortgage/lease or something similar would probably help I guess.