+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
I hope there is more good news today. Getting a bit tired of no news London... :-\

Fingercrossed and good luck to everyone waiting :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
chrischris said:
*sigh* it really seems the wheels have fallen off at the London VO. Maybe today I'll get my request for a fee I've already paid, or maybe I'll just get another month of silence and waiting. Presumably though if they're asking for the RPR fee, then it means they've decided the application in your favour?
As far as I know they only request the RPRF when they are ready to issue a visa, so yes, its looks pretty positive for you.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
MDSB said:
I hope there is more good news today. Getting a bit tired of no news London... :-\

Fingercrossed and good luck to everyone waiting :D
It's thanksgiving on Monday and a long weekend. I know the London office gets the Canadian holidays as well as the UK ones so I guess we won't be hearing anything until at least next week now. :(

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
chrischris said:
*sigh* it really seems the wheels have fallen off at the London VO. Maybe today I'll get my request for a fee I've already paid, or maybe I'll just get another month of silence and waiting. Presumably though if they're asking for the RPR fee, then it means they've decided the application in your favour?
I'm wondering if the sudden slow down has something to do with there being a new High Commissioner in the London office.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/offices-bureaux/biography-biographie.aspx?lang=en&view=d

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Eswiz said:
I'm wondering if the sudden slow down has something to do with there being a new High Commissioner in the London office.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/offices-bureaux/biography-biographie.aspx?lang=en&view=d
That's well spotted Eswiz, although I'm struggling to think why a new head honcho at the top would result in the plebs at the bottom of the organisation working on application processing suddenly stopping work. Ironically, the new Commissioner was the premier of BC during the time I lived there.... I wonder if a conspiracy is afoot....?!

Nothing in my inbox today, as usual, so the wait goes on.

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
My wife replied to the fee receipt request with this response:

I just received your email about the document of "Right of Permanent Recidence fee" I have to send to you.
We already included the receipt for: Sponsorship application ($75), Principal applicant ($475) and Right of Permanent Recidence fee ($490). It is all on one receipt of a total of $1040.
I have attached it here for you.

Please let me know if you need me to send the receipt again via mail or if this is sufficient?

She got an email back today from the office saying it's sufficient. :D

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Tawcan said:

I just received your email about the document of "Right of Permanent Recidence fee" I have to send to you.
We already included the receipt for: Sponsorship application ($75), Principal applicant ($475) and Right of Permanent Recidence fee ($490). It is all on one receipt of a total of $1040.

Please let me know if you need me to send the receipt again via mail or if this is sufficient?

That's brilliant :)

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Hi everyone! :D

I'm a newbie to this forum but have been following what's been going on for a couple of weeks now... It's like a goldmine of information! It's helped me out a ton as I'm currently in the midst of compiling my application due to be sent out ASAP.

I do have a question (the first of many, I'm sure!) which I'd like to pick your brains over... Looking at the 'Document Checklist' for the Sponsor, under the sub-heading 'Supporting Documents' (No.16), it says -

"If you are employed, an original of a letter from your current employer stating your period of
employment, salary, and regular hours per week must be included..."

Is this necessary? I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, we have no other dependents etc, and my understanding was that to sponsor a spouse, you don't have to provide proof that you can financially support them as you are considered a partnership?

Am I completely wrong in thinking this? Did any one else include a letter like this in their supporting documents for the Sponsorship application?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
If you can obtain a letter like that then you should..

While there is no minimum income required to sponsor a spouse, you do need to show how you intend to support them. You will be responsible for him for 3 years after he arrives in Canada.

Good luck, and any other questions, then ask away :)

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Thanks Pinklady!

That's what I thought, except that I don't want my current employers to know I intend to leave...They'll be less than happy as I only started working there fairly recently!

I do, however, have my original offer letter that states the date my employment commenced, the salary and contracted hours...perhaps this will be enough?

Also, your timeline is amazing - any words of wisdom/hints and tips on what to include in the application to ensure a speedy process? I've got in to the habit of signing and captioning just about everything in the supporting documents, but have a feeling I may be being a tad overzealous! :)

Did you do this also?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Louise86 said:
Hi everyone! :D

I'm a newbie to this forum but have been following what's been going on for a couple of weeks now... It's like a goldmine of information! It's helped me out a ton as I'm currently in the midst of compiling my application due to be sent out ASAP.

I do have a question (the first of many, I'm sure!) which I'd like to pick your brains over... Looking at the 'Document Checklist' for the Sponsor, under the sub-heading 'Supporting Documents' (No.16), it says -

"If you are employed, an original of a letter from your current employer stating your period of
employment, salary, and regular hours per week must be included..."

Is this necessary? I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, we have no other dependents etc, and my understanding was that to sponsor a spouse, you don't have to provide proof that you can financially support them as you are considered a partnership?

Am I completely wrong in thinking this? Did any one else include a letter like this in their supporting documents for the Sponsorship application?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys :D
Couldn't you ask for such a document from your employer without saying what ya need it for? Definitely better to give too much info than too little in the application to sponsor!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Tawcan said:

Thanks for posting this. I will do the same if that happens to me too!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Just out of curiosity..how old are you all?
We are in our early 30's.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
That letter sounds like it will be fine.

Just so I understand, you are canadian but you're currently living in the UK?
If this is the case you know you also have to show your intent to return to canada.

My timeline is pretty incredible, i'm not sure why I got so lucky. My advice would be to be honest and don't over complicate questions. Be concise in your answers but make sure everything is explained. I also wrote a cover letter about how we met and the development of our relationship and also the dynamics of our relationships. We're real people who cook dinner and do the washing up and the laundry. I wrote about out hobbies and what we do at the weekend. That could help.
I didnt caption everything, but again, it cant hurt.

I sent in around 80 photos of different times throughout our relationship and wrote on the back of each a brief explanation. I sent as much proof as I could lay my hands on. Print screens showing emails from him, plane tickets etc everything. But my application wasn't massive like others have been on here... some people say like 3 or 4 inches thick! Mine was about 1.

Just make sure you include everything thats asked for on the checklist, and pay all the fees up front!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
pinklady said:
That letter sounds like it will be fine.

Just so I understand, you are canadian but you're currently living in the UK?
If this is the case you know you also have to show your intent to return to canada.

My timeline is pretty incredible, i'm not sure why I got so lucky. My advice would be to be honest and don't over complicate questions. Be concise in your answers but make sure everything is explained. I also wrote a cover letter about how we met and the development of our relationship and also the dynamics of our relationships. We're real people who cook dinner and do the washing up and the laundry. I wrote about out hobbies and what we do at the weekend. That could help.
I didnt caption everything, but again, it cant hurt.

I sent in around 80 photos of different times throughout our relationship and wrote on the back of each a brief explanation. I sent as much proof as I could lay my hands on. Print screens showing emails from him, plane tickets etc everything. But my application wasn't massive like others have been on here... some people say like 3 or 4 inches thick! Mine was about 1.

Just make sure you include everything thats asked for on the checklist, and pay all the fees up front!
80 photos! wow I don't think we even have 80. I sent maybe 15.