+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Hurlabrick said:
Congratulation! Spreadsheet updated.

You will get a Conditional Offer of Permanent Residence (COPR) in paper format sent to the physical address you nominated (i.e NOT an email attachment if that is what you were asking). It will be 'signed for'.
So we wont have to send in my fiance's passport? We will just get COPR and then he can land?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
sambeat4 said:
So we wont have to send in my fiance's passport? We will just get COPR and then he can land?
correct. applicants are only required to send in their passports if they're from a non-visa exempt country.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Hurlabrick said:
Only relaying the experience of others from British Expats (as evidenced on the spreadsheet) and they were probably straightforward cases (i.e. no huge list of countries lived in etc.). Having said that, you do seem to be somewhat 'ahead of your class' for other London applicants (although there was one approval faster than your for London so who knows!), but then they don't operate a strict chronological queue.

I haven't noted any instances other than the final type requests (i.e. passport, up to date photos etc.). They would normally have identified additional requirements before embarking on background checks - but on MyCIC, what does it say about 'Review of eligibility'?
Thanks Hurlabrick. Eligibility still says in process so just the background check starting. its part of the eligibility i assume.

My case is straightforward enough. Lived in UK, Canada, Australia and China. the only issue was not being able to provide my chinese PC. I assume they would be looking into that issue at this stage

PaulaG

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
w/ app
Hurlabrick said:
Careful with the timelines for background checks - it is only recently we have had this level of detail courtesy of MyCIC, but early reports do indicate these timescales....
Hurlabrick - any progress is a reason for excitement for me, after the wait, not taking them for granted, they process when they process and all I can do is watch and be happy when they do, haha!

In our case it's a bit of a race between PR, baby being born and possibly getting a mortgage (and a move at some point), and would be nice to get PR done first, and leave the move for last, but things happen when they happen so we'll take what we can get ;D

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
PaulaG said:
Hurlabrick - any progress is a reason for excitement for me, after the wait, not taking them for granted, they process when they process and all I can do is watch and be happy when they do, haha!

In our case it's a bit of a race between PR, baby being born and possibly getting a mortgage (and a move at some point), and would be nice to get PR done first, and leave the move for last, but things happen when they happen so we'll take what we can get ;D
Judging by others on the spreadsheet, you should be weeks not months away from hearing. Sadly, I am a bit after you in the London queue :(

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
Hey everyone! My application has also recently changed to background check in progress, and they have now requested for several additional documents.
Only, they didn't explain exactly how or where to send these documents.. I just assume the London office somehow.
Does anyone know about how to give them additional documents? Through email, the CIC account, by real mail? And to where?
Hope anyone knows! *sigh*

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Lyse said:
Hey everyone! My application has also recently changed to background check in progress, and they have now requested for several additional documents.
Only, they didn't explain exactly how or where to send these documents.. I just assume the London office somehow.
Does anyone know about how to give them additional documents? Through email, the CIC account, by real mail? And to where?
Hope anyone knows! *sigh*
How have they contacted you to tell you that they want additional information? They should have said in there what they want and where to send it. If they have requested a 'scan' then they mean an electronic copy that can be emailed, otherwise safest to assume it should be sent in the post. A quick Google shows the address for the London Visa Office as:

Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ

I used to work in the building literally next door, so I know it well!

If you do mail something, DO make sure it is sent as Royal Mail 'track / trace and signed for' that way you have proof of delivery. You cannot drop things into their offices personally, they will refuse delivery!

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
They contacted me through my CIC account and have not mentioned at all how or where to send it :S. Only that "The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter". I've tried checking out the link provided in the SA document, but that doesn't seem to lead to any address or e-mail. Hopefully then it's the address you provided! I see that it is written in small on each document.

Hurlabrick said:
How have they contacted you to tell you that they want additional information? They should have said in there what they want and where to send it. If they have requested a 'scan' then they mean an electronic copy that can be emailed, otherwise safest to assume it should be sent in the post. A quick Google shows the address for the London Visa Office as:

Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ

I used to work in the building literally next door, so I know it well!

If you do mail something, DO make sure it is sent as Royal Mail 'track / trace and signed for' that way you have proof of delivery. You cannot drop things into their offices personally, they will refuse delivery!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Lyse said:
They contacted me through my CIC account and have not mentioned at all how or where to send it :S. Only that "The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter". I've tried checking out the link provided in the SA document, but that doesn't seem to lead to any address or e-mail. Hopefully then it's the address you provided! I see that it is written in small on each document.
If they used word like 'received in this office' then I would take that to mean paper by mail. They do occasionally ask for 'scans'.

I know for a fact that it is Canada House in Trafalgar Square - I am not just guessing from Google.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Lyse said:
PS - we don't seem to have your application on the tracking spreadsheet. Is this something you would like to help with? If so, then in addition to what I can see from your profile, could you please also let me know the nationality of the PA, where you are currently resident and whether it is Common Law of Married?

Then please keep us up to date with any changes.

Not mandatory of course, but the more we have on the spreadsheet, the better and more representative the average processing times will be for others who will follow - a bit of 'giving back' if you will......

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Hey guys!

We got DM sometime between Nov 4 and 12 and haven't received any e-mails about passport photos- I know we don't need to send passport because my fiance is from a visa-exempt country but I was under the impression that we would get a request for new passport photos. I'm worried it went into my fiance's junk mail while we were on vacation and now its gone :(

Is it normal to not get a request for new passport photos? Also is it normal for GC Key to take a long time to update? We are DM on ECAS but no change on GC Key!

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
Hurlabrick said:
PS - we don't seem to have your application on the tracking spreadsheet. Is this something you would like to help with? If so, then in addition to what I can see from your profile, could you please also let me know the nationality of the PA, where you are currently resident and whether it is Common Law of Married?

Then please keep us up to date with any changes.

Not mandatory of course, but the more we have on the spreadsheet, the better and more representative the average processing times will be for others who will follow - a bit of 'giving back' if you will......
Sure! I'm the PA and I'm Danish, officially living in Denmark, and my application is for married sponsor.
I am also on this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MkgxVtUzWsPFph_rQQ_Jf1U_USZ47AD2LAqJQ1k5cmI/edit#gid=0.
Hope it can help!

Blibblobblib

Jan 21, 2015
Blibblobblib said:
Logged into myCIC today and noticed under My Permanent Residence Application Status it now says Decision Made. However there is no sign of what that decision is as yet. When I click on the Decision Made link it just says what it has for the last 6 months which is '3.Medical results have been received.'

Should I not have received an email with the decision? Or will it only come in the mail? Any help would be appreciated. Also not sure if you guys need to update the spreadsheet with this info.
Two weeks later my COPR was received today! Am now ready to head to immigration and get it officially. Thank you everyone here for all the help to my many questions, its been a LONG 11 month process that I am so relieved is over. Good luck to everyone!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Blibblobblib said:
Two weeks later my COPR was received today! Am now ready to head to immigration and get it officially. Thank you everyone here for all the help to my many questions, its been a LONG 11 month process that I am so relieved is over. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Please update the spreadsheet!!

Ecas still says in process, but MyCIC updated this morning (22/11 Aus time so 21/11 canada time) to say this:

Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

Attached to the MyCIC update was a letter stating my CoPR has been issued. Is this something I will be mailed? Letter also stated that I should receive IMM5785 and IMM5688. I know 5688 is the CoPR. Whats the other one?

I wasn't asked to send any passport/immigration photos or a photocopy of my passport, which is normal of London. Should I expect this or just wait for the CoPR now?

Otherwise all done! I'll be landing in Canada next April sometime. I'll be sticking around here to keep the spreadsheet up to date.