+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jaxxon

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (Exempt) (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Im really worried guys..., I got an email from CIC that they mailed my CORP on July 8th but I still havent recieved anything in the mail. I feel like It should be here by now...

Hopen

Apr 30, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
It's not "advice", it's a REQUIREMENT to do your medicals up front. Not doing them up front means you are submitting an incomplete application and CIC can then return it completely for the application being incomplete.

If it's on the checklist, you HAVE to supply it, and proof of completing the medical is on the checklist. :)
SchnookoLoly, you are 100pct correct, it is on the checklist, and specifically mentioned in the immigration guide as well. Not sure where I got the idea doing the medical upfront was an option, think this little passage from IMM3999 might have been the culprit. It reads:
"Note: When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. If you choose to have an upfront medical exam, you must submit proof that you completed the medical examination with your application. Failure to do so may result in processing delays."
It does state elsewhere, however that the medical must be submitted up front with the application. Thanks for catching that one.
Cheers, Hopen.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
CanadaCanary said:
Glad to see the flurry of activity after the slow frustrating few weeks it seems to have been.

Quick question :

My wife as sponsor was sent ECAS log in details when she received AOR and since being approved we know the application was sent to London. I, as principal applicant have not received any correspondence or log in info for ECAS.

We know it is in London and all is well (she sent them an e-mail to change her surname from maiden to married and it has been changed) but I was wondering if I should have heard anything by now? I can't see anything in the FAQ that specifically mentions principal receiving notification that the application is received and ECAS log in details.

I've tried logging in but no dice, I assume I won't be able to for a while (possibly until it is IN PROGRESS) but wanted to double check!

Thanks

CC

Try using the application # F000 then your details.I as a sponsor has never been able to sign in with my UCI As for the applicant my husband did not hear anything from London until it went into process.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
CanadaCanary said:
Glad to see the flurry of activity after the slow frustrating few weeks it seems to have been.

Quick question :

My wife as sponsor was sent ECAS log in details when she received AOR and since being approved we know the application was sent to London. I, as principal applicant have not received any correspondence or log in info for ECAS.

We know it is in London and all is well (she sent them an e-mail to change her surname from maiden to married and it has been changed) but I was wondering if I should have heard anything by now? I can't see anything in the FAQ that specifically mentions principal receiving notification that the application is received and ECAS log in details.

I've tried logging in but no dice, I assume I won't be able to for a while (possibly until it is IN PROGRESS) but wanted to double check!

Thanks

CC
You won't receive any notification at all that the application made it to London. Not everyone is able to log into ECAS either, most people just log in as the sponsor as then the sponsor can see both "sides" of the application. As others have said, you may have to play with different combinations of numbers to get it to work. The same UCI won't work - the sponsor and PA have different UCIs, but the file number should be the same. Also make sure you are selecting the right country of birth as the PA, I can't remember which order it goes in, but it's answered in the FAQ.

NVJ said:
It seems that a few people have been getting medical requests recently. We did another enquiry on the weekend (After sending our medical results twice, once with application and one as a case specific enquiry, we received an email saying we had 30 days to do a medical). This was the response we got today:

Please disregard the latest letter requesting you to complete another medical. Because the letters are automatically generated and sent, when we correct the issue and linked your medical number (IME), another letter was generated and sent.

So if you have a current medical,but have been asked for another, it may just be another CIC 'Glitch'. Frustrating, but at least we don't have to spend another £300 (just yet, anyhow)
This is useful, thanks for sharing. Others who receive requests for remedicals should still confirm with CIC whether or not it was a glitch instead of assuming, just in case. But glad you don't have to have it redone!

sharren said:
Hi, just a quick update we received COPR in the post on July 17th :) quick question, we are going over to see my family for a few weeks in august, but dont want to activate PR until we move in January. Is this possible?
Spreadsheet updated!

Read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada#.22Landing.22_in_Canada_and_returning_to_UK

jaxxon said:
Im really worried guys..., I got an email from CIC that they mailed my CORP on July 8th but I still havent recieved anything in the mail. I feel like It should be here by now...
CIC won't consider COPR lost until I think 6 weeks after it's been mailed, or something like that. I'd sit on it a bit longer then once you hit 4 weeks drop CIC an email, but right now it's still too soon.

Hopen said:
SchnookoLoly, you are 100pct correct, it is on the checklist, and specifically mentioned in the immigration guide as well. Not sure where I got the idea doing the medical upfront was an option, think this little passage from IMM3999 might have been the culprit. It reads:
"Note: When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. If you choose to have an upfront medical exam, you must submit proof that you completed the medical examination with your application. Failure to do so may result in processing delays."
It does state elsewhere, however that the medical must be submitted up front with the application. Thanks for catching that one.
Cheers, Hopen.
I think that's because IMM3999 is used for multiple streams, and not all of them require the up-front medical. For family class, the medical is certainly required up front.

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
Our status just changed today from ''Application received'' to ''in process'' so something is happening:))))

Does anybody know how long it usually takes after that to get COPR???

and not sure what to do with medical as we got the email saing that we ''got to the stage where medicals are required '' our medical was already done and it shows received on the website. I did send an email to them asking about that but still no response:(

On spread sheet as canucklehead_in_ireland

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kasiap said:
Our status just changed today from ''Application received'' to ''in process'' so something is happening:))))
Yay spreadsheet updated.

Does anybody know how long it usually takes after that to get COPR???
This is why the spreadsheet exists.

and not sure what to do with medical as we got the email saing that we ''got to the stage where medicals are required '' our medical was already done and it shows received on the website. I did send an email to them asking about that but still no response:(
You only got the request on the 17th, which was Friday, so it's only been 3 business days. Give it another few days - you can see further up that osmeone else had the same request, you should be able to work out how long until they heard back and go from there.

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
This is why the spreadsheet exists.

:) you're right I got to excited Checking now
Thanks

renee.tk

Apr 20, 2015
Hi! Just wanted to provide an update for the spreadsheet (renee.tk - May 14, 2015 applicant)
Received SA on July 20 (said Decision Made on July 14th though)
Application is going to Ottawa office. Thanks! :)

Upiya

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2 May 2014
Med's Request
4 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
16 Feb 2015
Interview........
No. Decision Made: 14 July 2015
Passport Req..
5 August 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
It's not "advice", it's a REQUIREMENT to do your medicals up front. Not doing them up front means you are submitting an incomplete application and CIC can then return it completely for the application being incomplete.

If it's on the checklist, you HAVE to supply it, and proof of completing the medical is on the checklist. :)
Hey. Just wanted to say that our lawyer suggested not to do an upfront medical. We submitted everything else as it takes a year or more for them to process an application and the medicals expire by then. I submitted application in May 2015, got my FIRST and only medical request in February 2015 and status changed to DM few days back. Its not necessary they just earn money and yeah they might scare you that your application is incomplete. upfront medicals might be helpful for inland applications or other places where the process is under 6 months or a year

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Upiya said:
Hey. Just wanted to say that our lawyer suggested not to do an upfront medical. We submitted everything else as it takes a year or more for them to process an application and the medicals expire by then. I submitted application in May 2015, got my FIRST and only medical request in February 2015 and status changed to DM few days back. Its not necessary they just earn money and yeah they might scare you that your application is incomplete. upfront medicals might be helpful for inland applications or other places where the process is under 6 months or a year
Well, we will agree to disagree. The vast majority on here agree with my stance - it's on the checklist, therefore it's required. While it's true that CIC often does not return applications for not including the medical, they still COULD return it. If it were optional, the checklist would specify that it's optional. But because the checklist has it, everyone should take the stance that it is required.

In addition, not providing it can cause delays with the application. If you include it up front, then they have it, and you're set. If you don't include it, then they have to request it, you have to book it, CIC has to receive the results, and then CIC has to match them up with your file. It can cause delays of a few weeks to a month or more.

In the vast majority of cases where a medical is expiring, most people have their medicals extended anyway - only a handful have actually had to have remedicals done.

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
SchnookoLoly and Andrew-brit

Do you guys want to update the following in the spreadsheet. I was going through the forum and these members have stated as decision made or in process and have not been updated.

aliya24 - in process since 14 February, 2015
sh52 - decision made since 20 May, 2015
yasir22 - decision made since 2 june, 2015
sulemanmirza - in process since 22 may, 2015

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
renee.tk and rays17026 thanks, spreadsheet updated.

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Hi SchnookoLoly and AndrewBrit,

I'd like to be added to the Spreadsheet please! - we're posting our application tomorrow.

Thanks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
PatienceIsAVirtue said:
Our application has also officially moved to "In Process". Whoop Whoop ;D
Hi Patience, you are already classed as a decision made applicant because CIC requested your passport! However it seems that CIC asking for your passport is not directly a DM, as I had suspected. For now I have updated your row with your in process date, and we may have to change your DM date once you actually get DM in ECAS.