Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Dralon said:
people are too stressed here ;)

(it includes me) :p
Hah, I'm stressed, and I'm going to be a November applicant!!

You know, I'm surprised the Canadian government hasn't wised up, and offered an expedited immigration process. So like, for an extra $1500-$2000, on top of your application cost, you can have your application RUSHED or something. I'd do it, somehow. If it only took a month or so, as opposed to several. They'd make a lot of money off that kind of scheme...

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
ljane79 said:
Argggggggggggggggggggg, I can't wait anymore. This is torture! What's the worst that could happen if I send my passport now...... I'm just thinking..........It might not be that bad. If they rejected me then they'll just send my passport back right??? I'm just curious.
The question is did they send the letter previous the website update or after??????????????? We got the update on October 5 but they made the decision earlier at least at October 4. I don't think somebody was in their office at 7 a.m. on the 5th to open my file made the decision and update the website right away. And I checked the site on October 4 late night and the status showed "in process" ...............so, I just hope by Friday will receive that letter with good news.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
It is the same principle as the aor i guess. It may take a few days for the letter to be processed through Buffalo system, then the regular mail process afterward. To be honest i would at least expect a week or two (top) for you to receive a letter. But that is just what i think might happen, hopefully you will get something faster.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Our official correspondence has been a mix of snail and email and ecas. As of right now our communication status for each is as follows:

Email: PPR
ECAS: in progress
Snail: nothing since AOR

My husband's actual status: Landed

Jancath410 - If you plan to go to Buffalo in person to pick up the visa and need more info, let me know and I'll point you to a few links that we found helpful.
I am looking for an exact location....I tried google map and it kept giving me 1 HSBC Centre...not sure if the same?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Pharoh said:
Hah, I'm stressed, and I'm going to be a November applicant!!

You know, I'm surprised the Canadian government hasn't wised up, and offered an expedited immigration process. So like, for an extra $1500-$2000, on top of your application cost, you can have your application RUSHED or something. I'd do it, somehow. If it only took a month or so, as opposed to several. They'd make a lot of money off that kind of scheme...

My husband and I were talking about this a few months ago. What erks me is that London, Beijing, Bucharest, Ankara, Taipei, New Delhi and a whole lot of others can be processed in as little as 2-3 months! I don't really understand why some countries are faster than others. Maybe someone could help me to understand. Doesn't this violate the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: consistent standards and prompt processing - Section 3 (1.f). Does anyone know?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
jancath410 said:
I am looking for an exact location....I tried google map and it kept giving me 1 HSBC Centre...not sure if the same?
Canadian Consulate General
3000 HSBC Center, 30th Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
ljane79 said:
My husband and I were talking about this a few months ago. What erks me is that London, Beijing, Bucharest, Ankara, Taipei, New Delhi and a whole lot of others can be processed in as little as 2-3 months! I don't really understand why some countries are faster than others. Maybe someone could help me to understand. Doesn't this violate the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: consistent standards and prompt processing - Section 3 (1.f). Does anyone know?
maybe those countries are processing fewer applications?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
rubyalabar said:
maybe those countries are processing fewer applications?
That's my guess.

bdwheele

Oct 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, but I've been following the thread for a while. Thank you each for your stories and support!

My background; 27 years old, born and raised in the US, married to a Canadian/American dual citizen. I applied "outland" through Buffalo under the Family Class option. I am moving to Quebec and working with an immigration lawyer to represent our case.

My Permanent Resident CIC Timeline:

*05 Mar 2010: Medical Done (sent to Mississauga) - no medical issues
*04 May 2010: Rec'vd FBI Cert (and US State certificate) - no criminal background on either
*05 May 2010: $1040 Fees paid [RPR $490, Sponsorship application $75.00, Perm res visa fam class $475]
*07 May 2010: Filed Sponsor App
*14 Jun 2010: Rec'vd Federal Sponsor App
*16 Jun 2010: Filed for CSQ - Certificat de sélection du Québec
*23 Aug 2010: Rec'vd CSQ - Certificat de sélection du Québec
*16 Jun 2010: Filed Primary Applicant App
*22 Jul 2010: Rec'vd AOR from Buffalo

I have a couple of concerns; CIC may lose my FBI certificate, and after my medical exam, the results were sent to Mississauga, not Buffalo. These probably need to be transferred to my file in Buffalo.

I hoped for a Passport Request (PPR) this week, but I heard nothing from CIC nor my lawyer. Evidently the CIC system is updated on Tuesdays, or so they say.

It appears that other Buffalo Family Class cases with similar AOR dates have been recently processed. Congratulations to you! I am really hoping for my decision as this is a very painful wait.

I look forward to hearing more from you all!
:)

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
bdwheele said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, but I've been following the thread for a while. Thank you each for your stories and support!

My background; 27 years old, born and raised in the US, married to a Canadian/American dual citizen. I applied "outland" through Buffalo under the Family Class option. I am moving to Quebec and working with an immigration lawyer to represent our case.

My Permanent Resident CIC Timeline:

*05 Mar 2010: Medical Done (sent to Mississauga) - no medical issues
*04 May 2010: Rec'vd FBI Cert (and US State certificate) - no criminal background on either
*05 May 2010: $1040 Fees paid [RPR $490, Sponsorship application $75.00, Perm res visa fam class $475]
*07 May 2010: Filed Sponsor App
*14 Jun 2010: Rec'vd Federal Sponsor App
*16 Jun 2010: Filed for CSQ - Certificat de sélection du Québec
*23 Aug 2010: Rec'vd CSQ - Certificat de sélection du Québec
*16 Jun 2010: Filed Primary Applicant App
*22 Jul 2010: Rec'vd AOR from Buffalo

I have a couple of concerns; CIC may lose my FBI certificate, and my medical results were sent originally to Mississauga after the exam. These probably need to be transferred to my file in Buffalo.

I hoped for a Passport Request (PPR) this week, but I heard nothing from CIC nor my lawyer. Evidently the CIC system is updated on Tuesdays, or so they say.

It appears that other Buffalo Family Class cases with similar AOR dates have been recently processed. Congratulations to you! I'm really hoping for my decision as this is a very painful wait.

I look forward to hearing more from you all!
:)
We were also very concerned that they would lose our FBI cert. Sent away for a new set just in case and ended up forwarding it to them as they asked for it even after confirming by email that they had it. If they havent asked for it yet I doubt that they will since we got our request a week or so after AOR.

I also spoke with CIC phone rep who said that the medical results go in to the computer and B'lo accesses them when they are ready so I wouldnt worry about the medical being lost.

It looks like, for some reason, the Quebec applicants take a bit longer also...

Good luck

bdwheele

Oct 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
@ heatherusa,

Thanks for the reply. I am pleased to here that the medical results appear to be entered into a centralized database. While I contemplated ordering a second FBI certificate, I will continue to hope it remains in CIC's possession.

I've heard the same about longer processing times for Quebec applications. What gives? My opinion (not that CIC or Quebec care): it's fine for the Province to have its own parallel CSQ approval process. However, it should not not delay the application processes as it seems to do. The CSQ approval ought to be done in tandem with the other application forms. I feel like I paid $250 to the Quebec government simply to wait longer for a final decision from Buffalo.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
bdwheele said:
I have a couple of concerns; CIC may lose my FBI certificate, and after my medical exam, the results were sent to Mississauga, not Buffalo. These probably need to be transferred to my file in Buffalo.
I believe the medical results get forwarded to a records office in Ottawa and then get requested by Buffalo. Or did you mean the processing office written on the form was marked Mississauga?

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
bdwheele said:
@ heatherusa,

Thanks for the reply. I am pleased to here that the medical results appear to be entered into a centralized database. While I contemplated ordering a second FBI certificate, I will continue to hope it remains in CIC's possession.

I've heard the same about longer processing times for Quebec applications. What gives? My opinion (not that CIC or Quebec care): it's fine for the Province to have its own parallel CSQ approval process. However, it should not not delay the application processes as it seems to do. The CSQ approval ought to be done in tandem with the other application forms. I feel like I paid $250 to the Quebec government simply to wait longer for a final decision from Buffalo.
I wonder if anyone ever gets refused for the CSQ... If everyone gets it they why not just call it a $250 fee to live in Quebec? Doesnt make sense. How do people from other provinces move to Quebec? Do they have to pay the fee and get the CSQ because its seems flawed.

Maybe they dont have enough people in B'lo that can process files if they are written in French - do they have to be bilingual to work in the visa offices?

bdwheele

Oct 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
Great questions!

1) Re: Medical - I believe the processing office written on the form was marked Mississauga. During the exam in March, I thought I would apply for Permanent Residency from "within" Canada and now of course, I'm applying "outland" via Buffalo. Can one call to check if the destination of the records is a problem?

2) Re: Quebec's CSQ - YES it should just be called a $250 fee to live in Quebec, but of course what is a government fee without copious amounts of paperwork to justify it! I imagine the CSQ only applies to immigrants who settle in Quebec. From what little I can garner, immigrants to other Provinces appear fully exempt from the CSQ...even if they relocate to Quebec (days?) after landing in Ontario, BC, etc.

v-delta

Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a request for my passport by email today! So happy! :)

My ecas status is still In Progress, but I assume since they are requesting my passport that they have approved my application?