Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
homi2285 said:
Please advice if this is a normal timeline or is it longer than usual?
We paid over five months ago and we're still waiting for PR. I don't understand what the delay is.

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
gypsy494 said:
Congrats Minnow!! ;D

HELP
GOT EVERYTHING READY TO MAIL IN....WENT TO THE POST BUT AS I THOUGHT CAN NOT GET US postage there for a prepaid envelope

On my letter it says ( from Seattle)
Someone said send a prepaid....but I cannot since Canada post said they can only give me an international due postage thing they can turn in at an US post office....they sure will not want mess with that....rolls eyes

So from the letter they senT should I just send in a self addressed envelope...( not postage paid)

note I do not want it Fed ex...as THEY NEVER EVER bring my fed rex stuff up to our apartment.....have had numerous times they either just drop it on the front...gave it to the people downstairs ( they are shady) sent stuff back to the US and on and on...no matter how I filled out numerous details for delivery...and noets on the door blah blah blah ...this is too important to try fed ex again after prob 5 f up's ( xmas gifts ect)

you can go to usps.com and print a shipping label for your return envelope, and you have the option of getting tracking too.
You need to create an account with usps, it's pretty quick and you don't need a us address.

Hope this helps.

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
homi2285 said:
Thank you very much Calissons. Also back to one of my original questions. Does being asked to pay the Rights of PR mean that I'm guaranteed to get the PR?
I cannot say you're guaranteed to get it but I don't see why they'd ask you for the fee if they want to reject your application.
:) probably a very good sign :)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Kitchloo- We are in the same boat. We paid our ROPRF 3 months ago and still waiting......trying to do it patiently :) I try to wake up every morning and think "Today is the day" and I try hard to believe it and stay busy (kind of like making a game of it)....then repeat the next day. However, this game is not so much fun anymore :) All the best to you!!!

kitchloo said:
We paid over five months ago and we're still waiting for PR. I don't understand what the delay is.

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
Ps to Gypsy: (RE. returning docs from the US to you): fedex seems to offer this service too.
So I guess you could also go to their office and they'd prepare that for you: Seems a little complicated on their website (links below) - you need to create an account with them too. I guess Purolator, UPS, etc... would work too.

I also called Canada post (I'll be in your situation at some point - hopefully- so it interests me too) and they told me that I could use Xpresspost interchangeably in the US & Canada but I wouldn't feel super reassured sending an envelope pre-paid in Canadian dollars to be sent from the US. Maybe it works though (give them a call to make sure it works... two confirmations is better than one).

In any case, there's choice.

http://www.fedex.com/us/return-solutions/return-label-options/#1303844007778

http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/services/canadatous/intlground.html

https://www.fedex.com/fcl/;SHIPPINGSESSIONID=v4NNPrRCCBDKrWN185jP2P9yRYnDsQJbfx3km4f1xXGPdX5CnKHJ!

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
calissons ...thank you so much for looking into it....I swear..lol I am so nervous....silly I know.....I just get flustered.

Yes I went in to our post office..and was going the express post cause they track BUT they said it would not work coming back from US....so I guess so I can track it I am driving down to Fed ex and seeing what I can do there ( explain all the problems I had from them this past xmas)

Will prob go that route so it can be tracked...and then I can lol sit on the front porch if I have to lol lol to wait for it...that cracks me up.

So fed ex here I come

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
Gypsy, I really hope everything goes smoothly for you this time. Finger crossed! Let me/us know how it goes.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Well I emailed buffalo through the actual person email a few hours ago an already got a response. They told me they received an extension on my medical,since it expires soon an that my file remains in process. If they require anything else they'll contact me. Doesn't sound like they'll be finishing up with me anytime soon.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Glad you got a response! I emailed and faxed in February....still no word :(

kourts said:
Well I emailed buffalo through the actual person email a few hours ago an already got a response. They told me they received an extension on my medical,since it expires soon an that my file remains in process. If they require anything else they'll contact me. Doesn't sound like they'll be finishing up with me anytime soon.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I don't know if they're taking there time because im in Canada or what. but seeing as they're approving people that applied long after I did, doesn't make me to happy with buffalo.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Congrats to all the new PPRs, I got the transfers spreadsheet updated (let me know if I missed anything).

Fingers crossed that the "veterans" here (the ones waiting FAR too long) get finished soon. It's ridiculous that some people have to wait, wait, wait, and some with similar cases fly through.

Still waiting for the UPS return tracking # to be activated and/or DM on ecas. Getting antsy, my medicals expire soon and hubby needs to be able to give work notice he'll be off for a few days!

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kourts said:
I don't know if they're taking there time because im in Canada or what. but seeing as they're approving people that applied long after I did, doesn't make me to happy with buffalo.
Same here. They're on a roll, all right. Rolling right over us. Some of the recent PPR's were for people who applied 6 months after us. It just doesn't make sense.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
So, my car died as I was on the way to get my photos taken. Now I can't go to get the pictures taken, or to the post office to mail everything, and it's driving me crazy to just be sitting here.

MsJoanne

Mar 22, 2012
Acronyms

I just found this forum today. Thank you so much for all the 411!

Our app was recently transferred to Seattle (hence my mad rush to google why) and in reading your posts, this sounds very promising.

I was reviewing the spreadsheet and posts, but I'm confused by the acronyms. Could someone please explain them for me?

AOR?
Doc Requested/IA?
PPR?

Our file was received 12/19/11 in Miss., ON. We haven't really tracked the follow up dates. The "transferred from Buffalo to Seattle" email was received three days ago.

Thank you again for all the information! You're already like family!

Joanne

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
AOR is Acknowledgment of receipt, its when the visa office notifies you that they received your file from Mississauga.Which they don't always do this.

Doc requested is when they request documents, it doesn't always happen.

and the best is PPR, passport request, when they finally made the decision and are now ready for you to send them your passport.