Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
;D Finally We finally got married this past weekend at the falls.....now to get everything done.
Been following and cheering you all on.
My FBI fingerprints should be here any day sent them end of July before coming here.
Took 2 months to get ok to marry as I was divorced before...sigh

Next thing I guess is medical....if you have any ideas please let me know. Hope to send in with in the next month.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Did you take a look at the DMP list? I would start calling asap, as sometimes there's not an open spot available for several days or perhaps weeks - *sometimes*, mind you.
gypsy494 said:
;D Finally We finally got married this past weekend at the falls.....now to get everything done.
Been following and cheering you all on.
My FBI fingerprints should be here any day sent them end of July before coming here.
Took 2 months to get ok to marry as I was divorced before...sigh

Next thing I guess is medical....if you have any ideas please let me know. Hope to send in with in the next month.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Congrats! Did you take a look at the DMP list? I would start calling asap, as sometimes there's not an open spot available for several days or perhaps weeks - *sometimes*, mind you.
hey ddobro2~~Should I consider July 29th as the date they start to process my application?? but that date is under sponsorship....argh~~~~

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Thanks ddobro :)

This is so stressful lol and I have only have begun.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hear ya. Look at this way: we've all been where you are, so there is an end to the application putting-together process!
gypsy494 said:
Thanks ddobro :)

This is so stressful lol and I have only have begun.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the date of the AOR, not the date you got the email? If it's July 29, then that's it.
nhl1011 said:
hey ddobro2~~Should I consider July 29th as the date they start to process my application?? but that date is under sponsorship....argh~~~~

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
What's the date of the AOR, not the date you got the email? If it's July 29, then that's it.
ECAS says my application is in process on july 29th under sponsorship (which was approved june 27th before)
AOR was received (according to the email from buffalo) on august 3rd.
so...i don't know what's going on with my application...date was so messed up
I was hoping someone can help me to explain :'(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So your AOR email reads, in part, "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/08/03"? And you're already "in process" in e-cas??

nhl1011 said:
ECAS says my application is in process on july 29th under sponsorship (which was approved june 27th before)
AOR was received (according to the email from buffalo) on august 3rd.
so...i don't know what's going on with my application...date was so messed up
I was hoping someone can help me to explain :'(

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
Question for the border-hopping masses:

I'm in a potentially sticky situation. I am currently with my husband waiting this out in Montréal. I had had a work permit that has since expired, and I am on implied status until my new one gets approved. My best friend is getting married in the states on Nov. 11th, and as the maid of honor, I can't miss it, though assuming CIC will continue to be utterly useless, I dread the thought of what will happen should I have to re-enter Canada after the wedding with neither my work permit nor my PR approved. I've already been rejected at the border once, and I literally had recurring nightmares about it for about 6 months thereafter, so I want to know all I can about safely and painlessly procuring a (preferably multiple entry since I need to go home for the holidays too) visitor record.

Should my husband be with me at the border? Even if I bring fistfuls of proof of our PR sponsorship application and my Work Permit extension application, coupled with proof that I can financially support myself, will it be enough?

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Congrats to everyone who received their PPR and IN PROCESS! I still haven't heard anything... Waiting sucks. I know I'm still within the timeframe of 11 months, but I can't help feeling hopeless. I think I'm the only one from the "December group" who's still waiting? :(

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
So your AOR email reads, in part, "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/08/03"? And you're already "in process" in e-cas??
I sent an enquiry about my AOR and they responded " An Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent on August 3, 2011."
But yesterday my application status was changed. It shows We received your application on July 11, 2011. We started processing your application on July 29, 2011. under sponsorship while under permanent residence it is still We received your application on July 11, 2011

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 of 2
Ellan said:
Congrats to everyone who received their PPR and IN PROCESS! I still haven't heard anything... Waiting sucks. I know I'm still within the timeframe of 11 months, but I can't help feeling hopeless. I think I'm the only one from the "December group" who's still waiting? :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry about the sponsorship part saying the same thing as the PR part. That happens sometimes. So they got it the 11th of July and been looking at it almost 2 months. Just to clarify (yet again), did you ever see the original AOR they said they sent already when you inquired? I mean, it sounds like you didn't, or else you wouldn't have emailed them to confirm they had the app.
nhl1011 said:
I sent an enquiry about my AOR and they responded " An Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent on August 3, 2011."
But yesterday my application status was changed. It shows We received your application on July 11, 2011. We started processing your application on July 29, 2011. under sponsorship while under permanent residence it is still We received your application on July 11, 2011

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Don't worry about the sponsorship part saying the same thing as the PR part. That happens sometimes. So they got it the 11th of July and been looking at it almost 2 months. Just to clarify (yet again), did you ever see the original AOR they said they sent already when you inquired? I mean, it sounds like you didn't, or else you wouldn't have emailed them to confirm they had the app.
I havn't received AOR in any format. (email / mail)
So you think my application is in process on july 29th?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
francohoosier said:
Question for the border-hopping masses:

I'm in a potentially sticky situation. I am currently with my husband waiting this out in Montréal. I had had a work permit that has since expired, and I am on implied status until my new one gets approved. My best friend is getting married in the states on Nov. 11th, and as the maid of honor, I can't miss it, though assuming CIC will continue to be utterly useless, I dread the thought of what will happen should I have to re-enter Canada after the wedding with neither my work permit nor my PR approved. I've already been rejected at the border once, and I literally had recurring nightmares about it for about 6 months thereafter, so I want to know all I can about safely and painlessly procuring a (preferably multiple entry since I need to go home for the holidays too) visitor record.

Should my husband be with me at the border? Even if I bring fistfuls of proof of our PR sponsorship application and my Work Permit extension application, coupled with proof that I can financially support myself, will it be enough?
I know if you are on implied status you cant leave Canada and If you do your implied status will get dropped.I have a friend who works for immigration in Edmonton AB. and she informed me of this when I asked her about my situation when I was going to leave and go back to the states.