04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Hey Hal,

They don't ask for any employment records/proof/tax documents from the applicant in a family class case. I don't think it would hurt if you included a copy of your notice of assessment to prove you were working and paying taxes to help with the background check but who knows.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheHal: I would think it would be helpful to include that. I included information about my current work permit and information on the grant that I got that allowed me to come to Canada in the first place. My thoughts were that I wanted to be clear about my current status and why I am here (with a Work Permit now) in our PR app. I know they have that info somewhere in some office because I have a Work Permit, but I thought it might make it easier for whoever is reviewing our file to have it all together. It was only a couple of pages to add. We also included information about my husband (the sponsor's) job and income, even though we applied for Québec and it isn't actually required. His job is also how we met, so I figure it just helps support our relationship anyways.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi guys and thank you all
iam just tired of this process, it took me four month to prepare actually my spouse had the medical in june
but iwas unemployed so i wait until i got job at last i gt one in {september} and i asked my employer to write me latter and he did that so i was preparing to offload this panic this friday {today} but as you can see here's another problem and two weeks wait becze i called the cra and asked the option c and if i knew it before i'll asked long time back but it's fate that plays game in this world and i've to accept

Rola14

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
^ the option C printout is very clearly indicated on your checklist that it is required, and it gives you the number you need to call in order to request it and all the details. You should have read over your entire checklist a long time ago, either you didn't, or you haven't included the checklist, but it is required so you need to work on fixing that!

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi again here iam with stupid but important question
i tried to call the cra {canada revenue agency} but no agent was available to my call instead there was a machine asking me which creteria i need to ?
some of you can feel that iam a fool but this things is new to me and i naver tried even to fill my texes before all i did in past years was to get an agent and fill my texes on my behelf and gt paid to that
so when i called i thought i'll get an agent but not
so guys more explanation to solve this because next time i need to know every thing so i can choose the that option c

Rola14

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
There is a number you call that will give you the option of speaking to an agent. When i called i spoke to one, he asked for my details and told me he would send me it and it would reach me within 2 weeks, i got it after aprox 1 week.

If you cant find the number, open the sponsors checklist page and on the second place where it says "option C printout" with a box beside it for you to check, there is a number listed for you to call.

However make sure you know the times that the agency is open and call during those times to get an actual person, there isn't always someone there!

kingqatar

Oct 16, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Oct-10
File Transfer...
27-Nov-10 to Singapore
Med's Request
15-Oct-10 Previous x-ray or more tests
Med's Done....
20-Sep-10 Remed 6-Jan-12
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-Dec-11
VISA ISSUED...
01-Feb-12
LANDED..........
03-Mar-12
Hi all,

I am sending my sponsorship application for my wife tomorrow

- I am Canadian born and raised (and British national since 2004), working in Qatar for the last 2 years, Kazakhstan before that and 10 years in the UK and Europe before that. Not lived in Canada in 14 years, never been unemployed and make a healthy wage. Divorced 2 times (CAN ex and UK ex)
- I am 47 and my wife is 34 (indonesian), Known each other since Jan 2009, Got engaged Jun 2009
- Had a Muslem Ceremony Oct 2009 in Indonesia (many of my friends and my mom came) for all her friends and family but did not register the marriage, She moved to Qatar in Oct 2009 and we lived together until Jul 10
- We went to Canada Aug 10, got married (BC Civil Marriage) at mom's house, My wife is now in Indonesia and I am in Qatar but expect to get her a visa to Qatar in 4 weeks.

I have included in my application, emails and letters from agents saying I will have no problem with a job in Canada, letter of employment from Qatar, Letters of support from my Mom and dad, Lots of photos, emails cards etc., leases, bank statements

It is a big pack of information (a ream of paper) and I have told everything and been completely truthful. Hope it goes well because I really want to go home now and settle down. But will not go without my wife.

kingqatar

Oct 16, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Oct-10
File Transfer...
27-Nov-10 to Singapore
Med's Request
15-Oct-10 Previous x-ray or more tests
Med's Done....
20-Sep-10 Remed 6-Jan-12
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-Dec-11
VISA ISSUED...
01-Feb-12
LANDED..........
03-Mar-12
Me again,

I have one concern. When we applied for my wife's TRV (APR-10), I put down SPOUSE as our relationship but we were not yet legally married in Canada. As I said before, we had a Muslem ceremony in Indonesia OCT-09 but did not register with the Civil Authorities. The religious certificate was OK for qatar (being a Muslem country) I did not mean to mislead anyone as Ira has been my wife since the ceremony, just not legally recognised in Canada. (already checked with a couple of lawyers)

What do you all think?

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi rola and thank you
i think idont have such number here so help me with that numbar if u have one

Rola14

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
This document is supposed to be included in your application: (i guess we cant send links im going to see if i can email it to you, in the mean time the number is: 1 800 959 8281) if you do not have it then you should recheck that you in fact filled out all the correct papers and are in fact ready to submit your application, because it is required!

The phone number is on the second page!

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
rola thank you
i have it i mean this is the same numbar which i called yest but thre's no agent instead there was a machine
if u can gt their timework i'll be grateful 2 u

Rola14

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
I got this off of their website:

Telephone agents are available Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (local time). However, from February 22 to April 30, 2010, these hours are extended to 9:00 p.m. (local time), and from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays (except Easter weekend).

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
that means they don't work saturdays anymore
rola

Rola14

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Yep looks like you are going to need to wait until monday to call and request it!

Does anybody know aprox how long it takes after you send your application for them to send you the letter telling you they received it?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Hey Rola you won't get a letter until a decision is made on your sponsorship. It looks like decisions are being made in about a month, letter shortly after that :)