Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
CanuckyInItaly said:
We're in the same boat Geminibella!!! How frustrating, eh! :(
There isn't much we can do, though... Just keep waiting and living on hold.
Yes unfortunetly. I already bought my ticket to go to Lebanon on july 4th and coming back august 2nd.. Would be REALLY REALLY REALLY DEVASTATING to come back on my own :-(

By then it would have been almost 8 months that they have had our file.. Such a sad story and super hard to stay positive honestly !:-(

mmml30

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov. 23, 2010
Doc's Request.
dec. 02,2010
Med's Done....
sept. 19, 2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
dec. 20, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
april 27, 2011
LANDED..........
sa May 17 na po :)
hello everyone

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi every one
hope u r doing ok
just want to ask a quick question
my hubby got an email reply from the visa office
and they said his file is under active review
so what's the meaning of this active review?
any one with a clue please share me
thanks in advance
jma

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
guys any idea
please share me

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
JMA - It means exactly that. They are reviewing your file - Background check, Relationship Validity etc. Hard to say what part of the process they are at.

mmml30 - Hello :)

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
thank you mellbell
it's hard to know what they mean
but i hope it's some thing positive rather than nagative
still i would like to see some one with same issue
share ur exp
jma

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
UPDATE FOR ME !! My husband received an email this morning with his file number changed to B and some numbers .. They said our file is in process.. I'm guessing as of today so May 1st. We got the questionnaire And well be returning it tomorrow inshallah. Does anyone know what's the next step after questionnaire ??

.. And well that's my update!! I really hope it doesn't take too long from here !! Good luck to all.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi geminibella
what's this questionnaire that you are talking?
tell us than may be some of us can help you

Getson

Nov 2, 2010
Man, not much has changed on our front. The latest update we have is that they received my wife's online form submission explaining that she sent in the legal document to say that she has legal custody over her son and that that submission was sent to the appropriate people for further investigation. That was in February. It's super frustrating that we haven't even heard a peep since then. For all we know, it's been lost in the shuffle and forgotten about. It would be nice if we could talk to someone. Give me something.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Sorry it took forever to reply but this is the exact email we had received and the questionnaire..

Here is the email word by word for those who are interested...

Dear ****** ********,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please send the following documents:

-The attached Residency Questionnaire should be completed and signed by yourself after consultation with your sponsor.

-Military service card and Military Service Background Record, or Proof of Military Exemption

You must send photocopies of the Arabic/Farsi originals of all documents. Only send ORIGINAL documents when requested. All documents, in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by original certified translations into English or French, except the passport.

Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 60 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.

Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted. If there is a change in your legal status or that of any family member (marriage, birth, death, divorce, etc.) you must notify us before visas are printed.

Note: Any passport changes after the visas are printed will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of $30.00 CDN/1400 SYP for each visa that needs to be reprinted. Please visit our website www.syria.gc.ca to determine the fee required and method of payment.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CHANGES TO PROCEDURES FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS:

All correspondence/documents must be sent directly to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus at the address indicated above. DO NOT send or submit any documents to our offices in Amman, Beirut or Tehran. Any correspondence you send to these offices will be returned to you.

Please note, if you are successful and a visa is issued you will be requested to send your ORIGINAL PASSPORT directly to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus via commercial courier. Passports cannot be submitted to our offices in Amman, Beirut, or Tehran. DO NOT send your original passports until you are requested to do so. At that time you will be provide with additional information on procedures.

Your file is being processed in Damascus. No representations, faxes, telephone calls or correspondence can or will be answered by these Embassies; all inquires must be sent directly to the visa office in Damascus.

Please quote your file number, as well as your telephone & fax numbers on all correspondence and on every document you send to us.

Regards,

Immigration Section / NRJ

Canadian Embassy, Damascus

P.O. Box 3394

Fax: (963-11) 611-8034

Web site: http://www.international.gc.ca/missions/syria-syrie/

E-mail: damascus-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Consent & Disclaimer: By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an email communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party

To view the CIC policy on Internet, click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/notices.asp.

Here is what the questionnaire looks like.. word by word..

RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE
EMBASSY OF CANADA
DAMASCUS, SYRIA
To be completed by the Principal Applicant

Name: _____________________________________________ FILE Number: ______________________

1) Is your sponsor currently a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident?

 Canadian citizen  Permanent Resident

2) Is your sponsor currently in Canada?

YES – If yes, you must answer questions A and B below.
A) My sponsor has most recently been physically residing in Canada from _____ /______ to
mm yyyy
_____ /______ .
mm yyyy

B) I last saw my sponsor in ________________ from _____ /______ to _____ /______.
Place mm yyyy mm yyyy

NO – If no, you must answer question A below.
A) My sponsor has been living outside of Canada since _____ /______.
mm yyyy

3) Will you and your spouse be both moving to Canada and reside together permanently?

YES NO

4) Have you, as the principal applicant, made any particular plan to establish yourself in Canada?

YES – Please provide details about your plans: ___________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

NO – If no, please explain why not? _____________________________________

5) Does your sponsor own any assets in Canada? Please tick one or more:

Bank Account House Credit card
Apartment Business
Other assets | Please specify _______________________

6) Has your sponsor filed the most recent annual tax filing with the Canada Revenue Agency as a factual resident of Canada?

YES – If yes, when? _____ /______.
mm yyyy
NO – If no, please explain why not? _____________________________________

7) Is your sponsor currently employed in Canada?

NO, my sponsor is currently not employed.

YES - If yes, you must complete the details below:

My sponsor is currently employed as a _________________________ since _____ /______
Job Title mm yyyy
My sponsor works:
 Permanent Full-time  Permanent Part-time
 Temporary Full-time  Temporary Part-time

Details of your sponsor's employer:
Company Name: __________________________________________________________________________
Location of employment (Complete address): ___________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Telephone Number.: ___________________________ Fax Number: _________________________________

Starting with your sponsor's current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers your sponsor has worked for since the time your sponsorship application was submitted:

Employer Job Title From
DD / MM / YYYY To
DD / MM / YY

9) Please give the name of the countries where your sponsor has resided, your sponsor's complete address(es), and telephone numbers in these countries, as well as period of residence at each address since the time your sponsorship application was submitted:

Country Complete address(es) and telephone numbers From
DD / MM / YYYY To
DD / MM / YYYY

I declare that the information I have given in the foregoing application is truthful, complete and correct.

Hope this helps .. And good luck to all inshallah !!

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
geminibella how was ur husband first informed about the file number? by email as well? just curious..

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
blues said:
geminibella how was ur husband first informed about the file number? by email as well? just curious..
Yes it was all by email blues. :)

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
running out of patience and ideas :( since jan and that first letter confirming that the files transferred to singapore neither of us has heard anything back.. i tried emailing already like 3 times but no replies everyone around us and us are really confused.. i wished singapore would send him a email or me with a file number so we could check on any updates or just a letter :(

zahid1978

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Karachi-Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO London Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Recd 23-01-14 & sent 20-2-14, RPRF requested 27/6/14 & received on 17/07/2014
Nomination.....
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
IELTS Request
Yes
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
15-07-2014 now MashaAllah e-status "Medical received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 received 31 Jul 2014 & PPR2 received 19 Sep 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passports sent to ISB embassy on 22 Sep and visa received on 27 Sep 2014
LANDED..........
in Dec 2014 InshaAllah
My case was submitted on 27th Nov 2010 and AOR received on 7/1/2011. Now waiting for an approval. Could you please give me an idea how much time will they take to approve.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
we are thinking about ordering CAIPS from caipsnotes.com but are a bit confused regarding the consent form.. can someone else who used it earlier shed some light? form only has space for the applicant but what about the sponsor's consent?

will appreciate any help!