Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:
Anyone got news from Buffalo?
I only got email from them that they started processing my application. I'm waiting for initial assessment. Hope I will hear back from them soon.

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
hey new delhi guys

any news????????

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
alisa said:
I only got email from them that they started processing my application. I'm waiting for initial assessment. Hope I will hear back from them soon.
As I see you are a month ahead my case. Please let us know when are they ask for your passport. Btw how will you send thru them? By wich courier?

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:
As I see you are a month ahead my case. Please let us know when are they ask for your passport. Btw how will you send thru them? By wich courier?
If they request my passport, I probably submit a passport in person. I live in Toronto so it is not too far from Buffalo.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
alisa said:
If they request my passport, I probably submit a passport in person. I live in Toronto so it is not too far from Buffalo.

Hmmm , if the passport is submitted in person are they give you the visa right away on that day? I am just wondering otherwise how can you return to Toronto?
My concern is when they request the passport I will be stocked in US and can not leave the country till they holding my passport.

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
accusia said:
hey new delhi guys

any news????????
im sorry :-[ to say but i think you have to wait for one more week atleast because they usually take one month to start processing your file. hope for the very best :)

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:
Hmmm , if the passport is submitted in person are they give you the visa right away on that day? I am just wondering otherwise how can you return to Toronto?
My concern is when they request the passport I will be stocked in US and can not leave the country till they holding my passport.

I have read somewhere in this webboard that if you submit in a person, it's likely that you will get a passport back on the same day (seem like they mentioned about same day pick up in the letter). Some people suggest to go early in the morning so that you can get it in the afternoon. I don't mind stay one night if it is necessary though

However I probably have to go for an interview I guess. I have known my husband for 2 years before we got married but we didn't have ceremony. We got married in US during our vacation. No friends and family around as both our best friends and families are living in Asia.

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
thanks samrupl

i think u are right . i am also looking forward for the same , by seeing ur timeline. all the very best . hope to hear any news soon.

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
We got the letter today. Sponsorship approved!!!

CanPak05

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
Med's Request
13-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
08-06-2011 Cancelled :) :)
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012 :) :)
LANDED..........
28-12-2012
can_80_n said:
We got the letter today. Sponsorship approved!!!
Congratz can_80_n!

Thank you for originally beginning this thread. Ive been following it from the start and am greatful to all the help and comfort received by those in March.

Best of luck in the remaining stages of the process :)

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Can_80_n! That's great news!
I still can't log in to eCAS, I have tried calling the cell centre several times this week and I can't get through to a person. Getting discouraged.... I'm hoping that I'll find something out this weekend or next weekend...
Glad your application is moving forward!

Update!!!!! I just got through to the Call Centre just now. The guy was very nice and he said that that they had received our application on March 10 and on May 13 (yesterday) began the process of verifying my husband's eligibility to sponsor. But that until that is done, the application is not officially "in process" so it won't appear in eCAS.

My husband was born in the US to Canadian parents and applied for citizenship as a teenager. We included a copy of his citizenship card and passport in the application, but I can see why it might take them a day or two to verify? Anyone know? I asked the Call Centre agent what happens if the cannot verify this and the guy laughed and said "oh, don't you worry ma'am, they will". He was very nice.

He said that once that is done, they'll send a letter and it should appear in eCAS. I am just SO RELIEVED to know that my application was received and they've opened it up and it hasn't fallen behind a desk somewhere..........

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
abedelia said:
Congratulations Can_80_n! That's great news!
I still can't log in to eCAS, I have tried calling the cell centre several times this week and I can't get through to a person. Getting discouraged.... I'm hoping that I'll find something out this weekend or next weekend...
Glad your application is moving forward!

Update!!!!! I just got through to the Call Centre just now. The guy was very nice and he said that that they had received our application on March 10 and on May 13 (yesterday) began the process of verifying my husband's eligibility to sponsor. But that until that is done, the application is not officially "in process" so it won't appear in eCAS.

My husband was born in the US to Canadian parents and applied for citizenship as a teenager. We included a copy of his citizenship card and passport in the application, but I can see why it might take them a day or two to verify? Anyone know? I asked the Call Centre agent what happens if the cannot verify this and the guy laughed and said "oh, don't you worry ma'am, they will". He was very nice.

He said that once that is done, they'll send a letter and it should appear in eCAS. I am just SO RELIEVED to know that my application was received and they've opened it up and it hasn't fallen behind a desk somewhere..........
Abedelia,
Don't worry. My letter is dated May 6th but I was unable to log on to ecas until late in the evening of May 8th. I'm sure you will be able to log on this weekend and then your husband will get the letter next week. Congrats!!!!

COMPUTER1680

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
PUNJABI MUNDA FROM TORONTO (CANADA)
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI (SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP)
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010 BY PUNJABI MUNDA FROM TORONTO
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
May 5, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
May 3, 2010 NEW DELHI STARTED PROCESSING: MAY 20, 2010
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-12-2009
Interview........
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
31-05-2010
NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE: Processing Times - Permanent Resident cases: Family Class

Processing times may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application.

Time to Initial Review: Within 1 month

Time to Interview (if required): Within 2 months

Time to Finalization: Within 6 months

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgary_flames said:
They seems to update their system Monday/Tuesday, I am sure your PR application status will change to "In Process" next week.
hy buddy any updates ??? ???
is your online status still in process or its been changed to something else under permanent resident

the delhi office started processing my file but no correspondence till date :-X :'(