+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

jun14

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/june/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
File Transfer...
14/Aug/11
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
10/ may /11
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
VISA ISSUED...
INSHaALLAH soon
LANDED..........
INSHaALLAH soon
jun14 said:
i didn't received any email from ND or any ware ?
i had received PPR and Additional Docs Latter By Indian Mail Service no emails :(
i am still waiting my PP since 86 days :( help me yaar give some suggestion dude :)
anybody thr :)

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@jun

Is your case routine or non- routine ?

You can see above posts on this thread to know what it is !!!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
@kuku

Everytime I see your screen name, I remember this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-GjMavmuf8&feature=related

;D ;D ;D

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Koyal si teri boli...KUKU KUKU KUKU KUKU

LMAO!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
shamsia said:
@ kuku

;D ;D ;D
Ha ha !!! Lol

I will sing this song for my wife !!! :D

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsia said:
@ kuku

;D ;D ;D
HI pls check your inbox , i sent you a message.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
one of the big reason for this crazy name game is CIC uses numerous different systems (it’s a lot, can’t disclose the exact number of systems here). the system they use for case management in ND (and other visa offices) is different from what the Immigration Canada at port of entry uses and that in turns is different from what PR Card uses. The case management system cannot have a blank last name and PR system cannot have a blank first name, and you can imagine the challenges to keep all these systems integrated. Couple years ago they had almost twice as many systems that didnt communicate that well and it involved lot of manual data entry. Anyhow i digress. For your name, just out of curiosity why did you file to get your name corrected on your PR card to be "XYZ Singh" as your last name? why not wait and do the legal name change so Singh is your last name and XYZ is your first name and then change your PR card? what does your health care card and SIN say as your name. or do you actually want XYZ Singh as your last name and another name as your first name?

For my wife at provincial level there is no issue with her name as Alberta doesn’t require legal name change for you to change your name on provincial documents. However, for federal documents one of the requirement is Legal name change document certified by the province and each province has their own rules/process regarding the legal name change eg in Ontario I believe you have to wait a year before you can do the name change so check with your local registry or your province’s Services website for more details.

thecoolguysam said:
@ singhson

i understand that but i am sharing what that link says. it says that if there is no first name then they will leave it blank and will print only last name on the pr card which is the given name.

can u quote me the examples on the PR card that you have seen real life because i also do not have surname and have sent my pr card to be replaced?

the name on my pr card was printed as "xyz singh, xyz" however my landing document only says my last name as "xyz singh"

thats why according to that manual i sent my pr card for replacement to just print "xyz singh"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ singhson

the reason i wanted to get the pr card replaced with "xyz singh" and then get legal name changed to "singh" as last name and "xyz" as first name is because if i get the legal name changed now then the legal name change document will have old name as "xyz singh, xyz" which is incorrect and it should be "xyz singh" only and it will mess more with the stuff.

on the following link check page 56:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

The name to appear on the card will
normally reflect the name on the Record of
Landing or Confirmation of Permanent
Residence.

it means landing doc would be equal to pr card

on page 57 it says:

Single names
When an applicant has only one name, it is considered to be the surname and is entered
as such.
The examiner must ensure that the name appears in the surname field on the application
and in FOSS or the CPC system so that the name will print in the surname field of the
card. No other data will be entered in the given name field

so it means that the copr should match pr card
so if on the copr the first name is blank and last name is "xyz singh" then the PR card should have last name as "xyz singh" and first name should be blank. It should NOT be "xyz singh, xyz".

Can you mention few examples of name on PR card that people have got comparing with my situation

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I don't think you're understanding me. like I said I've seen two real examples of name appearing like this on PR card, as stated in my original post and you have nothing to worry about. U can phone cic and they will guide u.

thecoolguysam said:
@ singhson

the reason i wanted to get the pr card replaced with "xyz singh" and then get legal name changed to "singh" as last name and "xyz" as first name is because if i get the legal name changed now then the legal name change document will have old name as "xyz singh, xyz" which is incorrect and it should be "xyz singh" only and it will mess more with the stuff.

on the following link check page 56:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

The name to appear on the card will
normally reflect the name on the Record of
Landing or Confirmation of Permanent
Residence.

it means landing doc would be equal to pr card

on page 57 it says:

Single names
When an applicant has only one name, it is considered to be the surname and is entered
as such.
The examiner must ensure that the name appears in the surname field on the application
and in FOSS or the CPC system so that the name will print in the surname field of the
card. No other data will be entered in the given name field

so it means that the copr should match pr card
so if on the copr the first name is blank and last name is "xyz singh" then the PR card should have last name as "xyz singh" and first name should be blank. It should NOT be "xyz singh, xyz".

Can you mention few examples of name on PR card that people have got comparing with my situation

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ singhson

ok so you are telling me that the people who have just a last name on copr as "abc xyz" and first name as blank then the PR card will have the first name as "abc" and last name as "abc xyz" and it should be printed on pr card as "abc xyz, abc". Is that correct as comparing with the two real life examples?

If yes then my PR card also came with the name "xyz singh, xyz" which is incorrect as per the documentation on the link and it should have been "xyz singh" on pr card only.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@singhson

thanks for your info!
but as per the link I have posted before, pr card should only have the name as "xyz singh" instead of "xyz singh, xyz".

I have already sent my PR card for replacement and lets see what happens next.

My landing document has proper name on it and it cannot be changed in any way because in canada there has to be a last name and the people who has only given name on the passport, they get their given name printed as surname on the visa and copr.

B

balibali

bada hi depressing scenario hai yaar ! hahahahaha !
:D :D :D :D :D

Ki kariye .... bait n baaach !

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
If u already sent ur PR card in then there was nothing to discuss :)
and yes u cannot change name on ur entry visa or landing paper. What u said below is what I said in the original post regarding missing surname.
Let us know when you get your PR card andhow it reads ur name

thecoolguysam said:
@ singhson

thanks for your info!
but as per the link I have posted before, pr card should only have the name as "xyz singh" instead of "xyz singh, xyz".

I have already sent my PR card for replacement and lets see what happens next.

My landing document has proper name on it and it cannot be changed in any way because in canada there has to be a last name and the people who has only given name on the passport, they get their given name printed as surname on the visa and copr.