+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey shamsia,
u got a call from Vo for passport n told u that they r ready for issue u visa rite, any updates after that...
wht does ur ECAS status says....

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
yug said:
hey shamsia,
u got a call from Vo for passport n told u that they r ready for issue u visa rite, any updates after that...
wht does ur ECAS status says....
Hey yug, no updates yet. But my Ecas status changed from "Application Recieved" to "In Process" on Nov 19th. No news since then. But we paid RPRF fees now, so dont expect anything for another 3-4 weeks. Hope it ends soon for all of us!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@shamsia

so your Ecas showed "in process" within a month after you sent PP. But you had an official PPR in Sept I guess, which was lost somewhere in mail.

Do you have any history of foreign travel which you think could take time for BC ?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
kuku said:
@ shamsia

so your Ecas showed "in process" within a month after you sent PP. But you had an official PPR in Sept I guess, which was lost somewhere in mail.

Do you have any history of foreign travel which you think could take time for BC ?
We sent the passport on 26th Nov. We couldnt pay the RPRF online due to some website glitch. We tried thrice but ended up saying eventually at the bank. It changed to "In process" on 19th, so yeah, before we even sent the PP.

And I have 3 passports worth of travel history to Saudi Arabia, so we always expected delays :)

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsia said:
We sent the passport on 26th Nov. We couldnt pay the RPRF online due to some website glitch. We tried thrice but ended up saying eventually at the bank. It changed to "In process" on 19th, so yeah, before we even sent the PP.

And I have 3 passports worth of travel history to Saudi Arabia, so we always expected delays :)
@ Shamsia, i too have 4 passports (3 cancelled and 1 valid), i have applied twice for the visa to UK but refused.
Should i expect a delay in the processing of my application for the same (for having 4 passports and 2 refusals) i never visited any country yet?

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@jatinder

I don't think it really affects the processes, as you have not travelled any where. Applying for visa does not really matter for them as long as you have not travelled outside the country.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
yug said:
they won't reply so no point, there is no way to contact them...
hey yug. i sent ND an email back in october when i went to india for diwali but they never replied, so couple weeks ago i used the online case specific inquiry form and they replied within 10 days, even though they say they will respond within 26 working days. I cannot post links here but if you google "cic office new delhi" and click on the "Website for the visa Office in New Delhi" half way down the page you will see the link for Case SPecific Inquiry. Keep your inquiry to 250 words and they should respond to it. Mind you the reply might be a generic one like, "its in the queue"

As for your medicals, as far as i know with the backlog they are processing files whose medicals are about to expire. if the case is straight forward and not complicated then more than likely you dont have to redo your medical and should hear something back before it expires. I will ask my MP and see what he says. I am meeting up with him this weekend.

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011~ Medicals Received Dec 3rd 2011
Interview........
17-04-2011 rejected. Appealled May 2012, Appeal won May 30, 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
kuku said:
@ karish

It has been long time for you !! what does your Ecas show?

Din't you receive PPR yet?
Hi Kuku,

mine is a bit of a story...I am in toronto, and my husband (indian passport holder) is in the states. WE submitted to buffalo as per lawyer, but buffalo vo sent it to india end July 25. Then SEpt 9th it said in Process. and when I checked on Oct 2nd that line of in process had disappeared.
now finally it says Medical results have been received. (So im thinking Dec 3rd or 4th it changed) And the applicant status still says application received.

Hope and pray it is soon. I delivered our first baby on November 22nd here in Toronto. IT is tough not being with your husband , but We both keep thinking big picture and inshallah soon we will be together. Bonus is if Buffalo processed it I would be waiting 11 mths. So ND hurry up and get my hasband to be with his family soon.

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
gwalyat said:
hey dear
how ru its nice to see u after a long time.......its surprising me tht still u havent got ur ppr, did u contact mp?.......as i remember u were expecting......is it sweet doll a a cute boy :D
I delievered a lovely baby girl Nov 22nd. no ppr yet.

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
CanadiansWife said:
Hi guys! How's it going? I see a lot of new people here now, and also still some old ones. Karishma, congrats on becoming a mom! Is it a boy or girl? I can't believe you haven't gotten a PPR yet!

Gwal- it's almost been 7 months for you! I have a feeling that you will get it this month or beginning of Jan :)

I finally have something to put in a timeline, but will do so when I sign on from a computer!
Hey I delievered a girl on Nov 22nd.

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhson said:
hey yug. i sent ND an email back in october when i went to india for diwali but they never replied, so couple weeks ago i used the online case specific inquiry form and they replied within 10 days, even though they say they will respond within 26 working days. I cannot post links here but if you google "cic office new delhi" and click on the "Website for the visa Office in New Delhi" half way down the page you will see the link for Case SPecific Inquiry. Keep your inquiry to 250 words and they should respond to it. Mind you the reply might be a generic one like, "its in the queue"

As for your medicals, as far as i know with the backlog they are processing files whose medicals are about to expire. if the case is straight forward and not complicated then more than likely you dont have to redo your medical and should hear something back before it expires. I will ask my MP and see what he says. I am meeting up with him this weekend.
thx buddy for da info, make sure u ask abt medical think 2 mp 4 me ,it be really helpful. . . Thx again

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
yug said:
thx buddy for da info, make sure u ask abt medical think 2 mp 4 me ,it be really helpful. . . Thx again

Just wondering, don't you need passport to do medical? I think DMP asked for PP when my wife went there.. May be they can use some other proof of id?

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
karish1978 said:
Hi Karish,
Congratulations!

I would like to ask you do you have any "first hand information" of your experiences or some one you had talked about

"What is the earliest age a baby can be taken in Aircraft"?

(considering flight from Calgary to India, 9 hours + 10 hours)

Thanks,

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
karish1978 said:
Congratulations. Hopefully your husband's visa would be issued soon.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
happen to know this for a fact as my best friends baby girl flew with us for my wedding. the doctors say you can take the baby on a plane when they are 2 to 3 months old as by then they build their immune system. However the earliest you can take them on board is 2 weeks old if their checkups are all normal but you should avoid it.
as for India, i personally would wait at least 6 months you don't want the baby to catch anything down there. take the big headphones with u to cover their ears during take off and landing and give them their soother/pacifier as it will help with the ear pressure.

sivathegreat said:
Hi Karish,
Congratulations!

I would like to ask you do you have any "first hand information" of your experiences or some one you had talked about

"What is the earliest age a baby can be taken in Aircraft"?

(considering flight from Calgary to India, 9 hours + 10 hours)

Thanks,