+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
newdelhi2011 said:
I am sure they can atleast cut the time line by 20-30% if ND start using speedpost for all correspondents. I heard they only use speedpost for sending PP back. From this forum, I have learnt that many ppl either did not receive or received even after a month of sending PPR by snail mail. They should stop relying on snail mail and start calling/email along with sending out mails.
I second that! :)

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gwalyat said:
can u plz gimme the detail for the thing ur taking with u, i can tell u better then if u dont want to share it with every1 u can pm me n ill reply u
well skype screenshot n facebook post r k, take gmail or other printout which shows dates too.
well i'm taking skype screenshots, phone bills, emails, fb posts, outing pics etc with me.
Kindly suggest if i need something more.

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
all the r k take all ur old proofs as well which u attached with the application at beginning n if u guys have any money transfer proof (frm sponsor to sponsored , india) or any joint acc or fixed deposit on both of u's name such kind of proofs r v good.......
is it ur 1st marriage? is ur partner cming with u on interview? whts the date for it
jatinder430 said:
well i'm taking skype screenshots, phone bills, emails, fb posts, outing pics etc with me.

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
i m putting some questions for u which r asked commonly on interview, if u need any otherhelp msg me or u can call me too i have felt the heat u wud b feeling now but dont get tensed. u shud b well dressed n b confident feel like ur telling ur love story to ur friend n wht ever he is asking u answer him n u ll clear it
GOOD LUCK MATE

How did you meet your sponsor?
Who was involved in arranging the marriage?
How is the middle man related or known to both families?
Did you talk with each other privately before agreeing to the marriage?
Why did you not get married earlier? (especially asked of a woman in the Punjab marrying later than 26-28)
When did your sponsor immigrate to Canada? (the visa officer is attempting to find out if the applicant has knowledge of the sponsor)
Do you have any relation with your sponsor other than marriage? (visa officer is attempting to ascertain whether there was a relationship and therefore a motive to sponsor the applicant other than a genuine marital relationship)
Who accompanied your sponsor when he/she came to get married? (something the applicant should know if they are in a genuine relationship)
Who proposed? When was the proposal made? When did you get married? (basic...)
When did you and your sponsor live together? (also elementary, and a question contained in the sponsorship questionnaire)
What was his/her previous job before present employment? Why did sponsor change jobs? How long at current employment? (see above)
What does sponsor like about the job? What is his/her boss/supervisor's name? What are the names of the people he/she works with? What is the nature of the job? How much does he/she make?(see above)
What does sponsor like/dislike about? (visa officer is attempting to get a spontaneous response)
Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in Canada?
What are your spouse's friends' names?
What is spouse's favourite sport?
Did you go on a honeymoon or outing after your marriage?
Where did you go to/How long did you go for?
How often, and how do you stay in contact with your spouse?
How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date? Where did your spouse go to school'? Study in Canada.....detail
Where does your spouse work? What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there? What does the job entail? Does your spouse like his or her job? What is the salary?
Where does your spouse live? Whom does your spouse live with?
Does she had any relative in Canada? What are their names and where do they live? What do they do & there families?
Do you have & your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
what type of music do you enjoy? What type of music or singer does you & your spouse enjoy?
What kind of books do you read? What kind of books does your spouse read?
Was your marriage arranged? If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom? When and where did the marriage proposal take place? Who came to you home that time
Did you have a ceremony celebrating before marriage? When & where was it held? Describe the ceremony? Who was present there? exchanged gifts?
When & Where did you get married? What family members were there? How many people were at the ceremony? Did you receive any wedding gifts? were both parents there? if no why
Did you have a reception after marriage? When & where was it held? Describe the ceremony? Who was present there? exchanged gifts? were both parents there? if no why
When did the you spouse came back India for that?
When did your wife leave India? How many days we together after marriage? What did you do? Why so less time? Do you think you could understand each other or she could understand your family during that time?
How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?
What is your spouses future career plan?
What will you do when you go to Canada?
why did you marry your spouse?
Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?
Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
How do you correspond with your spouse? How often do you talk on the phone? Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
Your wife's phone no., email add., address? Does she have laptop or computer?
why didn't you work for the time you are in India?
Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
If I refuse this application what will you do

jatinder430 said:

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@gwalyat

This is a nice bunch of questions !!! will be quite helpful to those who will be attending an interview.

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
Ok I am back now. Thanks for the messages whoever sent me in person. You are welcome to talk to me on phone anytime. I am available after noon IST everyday.

That being said, Any eCAS updates? any mails to anyone from CHC? Its so sloqw at this time. I thought they would be working with max capacity before Xmas.

Hey Yug, did you hear anything from them?

maple, panada, yug, where r u guys?

Good Luck

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
mapledreams said:
Ok guys, I am thinking of moving either to Calgary or Vancouver (I wanna go away from Toronto)

I need your guys input based on the following: Housing, Weather, Quality of Life, Entertainment, and most importantly, JOBS!!
Welcome to Beautiful British Columbia. Why dont you just go to Vancouver once for vacations and see it yourself. If you go there, dont miss Victoria, its really beautiful. The weather in Vancouver is great! not much snow and not much hot in summer. Jobs..... depends what kinda job you are looking for. It is great place to live, work and enjoy!

If you like weekend outing, there is lot of stuff to do. If you are a party animal, you are at best place, if you just wanna stay home or go on long drive, there is nothing like BC.

There are lot of beautiful places in the world however they are beautiful when you reach there, For example, Dubai, Zurich, Paris, Montreal, etc.. However, In BC you enjoy wherever you go. I love long drives, Camping there, beautiful natural landscapes and weather.

For many years, Vancouver is rated best place to live in the world for a reason.

Calgary, its ok, I been there couple of times only. Night life was zero at that time, It was long time ago, we went to downtown at about 10pm in summer, and we couldnt see a person there. It was about 8 years ago, So I cant comment what it is like now. I find Edmonton better than Calgary.

If I have to think where I want to live, My personal Choice will be 1) In Canada, Vancouver 2) In India, Chandigarh, 3) In USA, Seattle, 4) In Europe, Amsterdam 5) In Europe, Tallin (Estonia)

Ask your spouse where you wanna move to.

Cheers!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Calgary downtown exists Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m, Saturdays 11:00 a.m - 9:00 p.m, Sundays Closed
Calgary downtown has some of the tallest sky scrapers in Calgary 53 Storeys! wow! I feel dizzy!
We also have the Calgary tower in downtown, and you know we can go up!

I like Calgary, I have not been to other places! but I am now used to it so much.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
hambzik said:
Yes there is option to but people in your ignore list. Go to your profile and you will find option there. You will not see their posts.
I maybe wrong, but I thought ignore list is for personal messages. Probably he is asking how to block anybody that he doesnt like from his message showing up in the thread board.

Like maybe mine, he doesnt want to see!

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
mapledreams said:
Ok guys, I am thinking of moving either to Calgary or Vancouver (I wanna go away from Toronto)

I need your guys input based on the following: Housing, Weather, Quality of Life, Entertainment, and most importantly, JOBS!!
I live in Calgary. It's a great place to live but as noted by sivathegreat, the downtown is active only during day times and almost dead from around 9 PM in summer and 7 PM in winter. Weather wise, summers are beautiful and there are a quite a few places to visit (Banff, Jasper, Waterton, etc) both in summer and winter based on activities you are interested in. Regarding jobs, the job market is pretty good. There are jobs for different disciplines in Calgary, especially in the oil and gas industry. Overall, Calgary is a good place to live if you don't mind 3-4 months of extreme weather.
I heard great things about Vancouver but I never lived there, so not much of an idea.
Hope this helps you in making a decision.
Ajay

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
but guys i have heard tht there r not much jobs in vancouver......might b wrong but most of people told me this thing who r there, frm work prospectus Toronto is best....yes there is no doubt tht vancouver is v beautiful.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
All you see in Toronto is smoke from the industries (that's why it's called the BIG SMOKE)

Thanks to ALL of you who contributed about Vancouver, Calgary!

Waiting for the hubby to arrive so that we can decide!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Hello Ajay,
Nice to you are from Calgary.
As far as jobs are concerned I agree with you. I am here for quite some time and many times I see people moving from east to calgary. This summer I had a room mate who is Cameroonian. He was a student in Windsor. For the last three years he is coming to Calgary for summer jobs! I thought wow!

He says Calgary hires quickly.

Again it all depends on what job one is looking for.

There are also good job programs for immigrants conducted by CCIS. If anyone is interested please check the CCIS website. Really good programs.

http://www.ccis-calgary.ab.ca/

Alberta employement is well known to be good from the rest of the country

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Alberta+unemployment+rate+dips+Statistics+Canada/5518308/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hambzik said:
Ok I am back now. Thanks for the messages whoever sent me in person. You are welcome to talk to me on phone anytime. I am available after noon IST everyday.

That being said, Any eCAS updates? any mails to anyone from CHC? Its so sloqw at this time. I thought they would be working with max capacity before Xmas.

Hey Yug, did you hear anything from them?

maple, panada, yug, where r u guys?

Good Luck
hey buddy no news nothing on m side...
i m really tired of waiting!!!!!!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hey man...
there are lots of jobs in vancouver........ i just got it within 1 month once i reached canada.... but yes a person should be qualified person.. sometimes some people have to study to get a job

gwalyat said:
but guys i have heard tht there r not much jobs in vancouver......might b wrong but most of people told me this thing who r there, frm work prospectus Toronto is best....yes there is no doubt tht vancouver is v beautiful.