Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
becos said:
No problem! :D we're all happy to help. And as everyone is saying, not having a job is not going to be grounds they can deny you on, having one/searching only just helps. And the savings part might be a good idea for you too. What you could also do for documentation sake is register with an employment agency, that way you can at least track and prove your job search officially. You can take photocopies of your registration papers, job logs and action plans, etc as documentation proof for your application. I'm sure you'll be able to find something before May. :) Did you have a seasonal layoff?
Ohhh thats good too! I'll definitely register with an employment agency too. My contract ended at my job (of 3.5 years) and there was restructuring which caused a lot of terminations for those working on a contract. It sucked because I was already scheduled for a vacation in Ghana right around the end of my contract. So I decided to extend my stay in Ghana to be with my husband and didn't apply for EI until I returned.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeamCMOR said:
I used the old application as we applied in June 2016. If you are working a letter from your employer was required detailing specific information required for immigration, and if you are not working, if my memory serves me correctly you had to write a letter stating why. I don't know if that is any different on the new application. I would encourage you to follow accordingly as stated in the instructions.
Yes, I definitely will.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
J.Kadi said:
Ohhh thats good too! I'll definitely register with an employment agency too. My contract ended at my job (of 3.5 years) and there was restructuring which caused a lot of terminations for those working on a contract. It sucked because I was already scheduled for a vacation in Ghana right around the end of my contract. So I decided to extend my stay in Ghana to be with my husband and didn't apply for EI until I returned.
Ahh I see. That's too bad. :( But nice you got to spend extra time with your hubby :) Yeah I definitely suggest registering with an agency. At least there is a paper trail. :)

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
It bitter sweet

I don't feel like Canada is my home again

Just came back home from visiting hubby in u.s and it was hard leaving once again
I honestly don't feel like I even want to come back again
My heart is just far away from Canada

But I believe God has a good plan for us

I believe and have faith that this April will be my month ijn

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
peg204 said:
It bitter sweet

I don't feel like Canada is my home again

Just came back home from visiting hubby in u.s and it was hard leaving once again
I honestly don't feel like I even want to come back again
My heart is just far away from Canada

But I believe God has a good plan for us

I believe and have faith that this April will be my month ijn
Awwww welcome back Peg. we thank God for journey mercies. Hope all is well. Peg, see how blessed u are. u right is not easy but you get to spend time with your husband one on one. some people don't have the means to travel at this time, some can be unwell, some have an ocean seperating.
in all God is in control. keep the faith

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Cheers to a new month!! Happy April everyone!! We are still holding on, standing and hoping for good news. May this month bring more positive results and speedy turnaround so we can be quickly reunited with our loved ones. ;D

becos

Aug 25, 2016
TeamCMOR said:
Cheers to a new month!! Happy April everyone!! We are still holding on, standing and hoping for good news. May this month bring more positive results and speedy turnaround so we can be quickly reunited with our loved ones. ;D
Seconded!! Here's hoping for a good news month!!

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Amen! Amen! I claim it for hubby and I.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
My month of full blessing and breakthrough

Ijn

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Yea.....happy new month....it's my birthday month, get to spent it without my hubby. :(

So I tried to go to work today.....failed attempt, not ready, home within an hour. No way does my job allow me to go back on light duties.....what are light duties anyways? I don't work at a desk. Running around.....

I didn't ask my hubby to email immigration regarding my sprained ankle, i was hoping I would be back to work in no time. Wrong.
Well I'm sending my medical reports instead and photos of me with my crutches. Hope that helps.
We still wait for May interview to come. Then I pray my husband gets his visa, I need him here!! This is too depressing to be apart and hurt and needing your hubby. Thank goodness I have a daughter who helps me above and beyond what she should be doing. School, work and taking care of her mother. Again need my husband. (he said he wished he was here to rub my foot to get better. so cute) I only wish.
Sorry I'm venting. I know you all feel the same way, I'm just frustrated with my situation.

Let these coming weeks flow with Visa's
Amen

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Butterflygirl said:
Yea.....happy new month....it's my birthday month, get to spent it without my hubby. :(

So I tried to go to work today.....failed attempt, not ready, home within an hour. No way does my job allow me to go back on light duties.....what are light duties anyways? I don't work at a desk. Running around.....

I didn't ask my hubby to email immigration regarding my sprained ankle, i was hoping I would be back to work in no time. Wrong.
Well I'm sending my medical reports instead and photos of me with my crutches. Hope that helps.
We still wait for May interview to come. Then I pray my husband gets his visa, I need him here!! This is too depressing to be apart and hurt and needing your hubby. Thank goodness I have a daughter who helps me above and beyond what she should be doing. School, work and taking care of her mother. Again need my husband. (he said he wished he was here to rub my foot to get better. so cute) I only wish.
Sorry I'm venting. I know you all feel the same way, I'm just frustrated with my situation.

I hope this months would be better with more passport request. Honestly, the Accra office is very slow compare to other visa offices like even the Dakar office where there is action everyday.@butterflygirl ,I would also like to wish your husband a very best luck for the upcoming interview next month and praying for him to get the visa right away.

Jeezy

Sep 12, 2014
Hi People of this great forum,

Congrats to those who have received PPR.

I just have a question : How long does this process take on the average from application date to date of PPR receipt.

CIC began processing my application on 19-02-2016 and i have not received MR up till now...

I wonder is others share a similar experience?

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Jeezy said:
Hi People of this great forum,

Congrats to those who have received PPR.

I just have a question : How long does this process take on the average from application date to date of PPR receipt.

CIC began processing my application on 19-02-2016 and i have not received MR up till now...

I wonder is others share a similar experience?
Hi Jeezy, I believe there is no straight answer to your question. However please note that you are not the only one waiting and am sure many can relate with you here in this forum. There are many factors that play in to the PPR request. For example: Which class did you apply ( FSW? FAM? Student?). The reality is FAM applications are the priority at this time due to family reunification and the backlog issue. It also depends if your application straightforward? Any missing documentation? Have you paid all outstanding fees? Is your passport up to date at least 6 months? Anything that needs further explanation may result in documentation request or interview. Also it depends on the immigration officer as well. Sorry to see that you have passed the 1 year mark. I hope you get some answers soon. At this time I suggest you order your GCMS notes. It would give you an insight as to what is happening with your file. All the best.

IuliaMB

Mar 13, 2017
Hello everyone!

We finally received pick up mail today! ;D ;D ;D ;D

My husband already made arrangements with DHL. It's over. 8)